The holiday season is here, and whether you’re planning on pre-gaming before going caroling or unwrapping just one present on Christmas Eve, be sure to check out these three drink recipes to help you get into the holiday spirit. For more ideas on holiday drinks, be sure to do a quick Google search.
Coquito, similar to the traditional eggnog with rum, is all the rage in Hispanic households during the holiday season. Check out this recipe from allrecipes.com.
• 2 15-ounce cans of cream of coconut
• 2 14-ounce cans of condensed milk
• 6 ounces white rum (use less if you prefer)
• 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
• 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
• 1 teaspoon coconut (or vanilla) extract
1. Mix all ingredients in blender until smooth.
2. Refrigerate for about an hour before serving. Serve cold.
Yep, you guessed it. The Grinch, a featured drink on itthing.com, is named after the classic character. Even though it’s not as grumpy as its notorious green namesake, the drink does contain a variety of sweet flavors.
• 2 oz Midori
• 1/2 oz lemon juice
• 1 tsp simple syrup
• 1 maraschino cherry
1. Pour the ingredients into a cocktail shaker with ice.
2. Shake well.
3. Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
4. Put the cherry on top.
The Candy Cane, a dessert drink, contains berry, chocolate and peppermint flavors. This is another favorite from itthing.com, which has a perfect recipe for the delightful drink.
• 3/4 oz SKYY Berry vodka
• 3/4 oz Peppermint Schnapps
• 3/4 oz white Crème de Cacao
• 1/4 oz grenadine
• Half and half
• Soda water
1. Pour the vodka, Peppermint Schnapps, white Creme de Cacao and
grenadine into a cocktail shaker with ice.
2. Shake well.
3. Pour into a cocktail glass rimmed with crushed peppermint candy.
4. Fill with half and half.
5. Top with a splash of soda water.
6. Rim the glass with crushed candy canes or other peppermint candy,
using the Schnapps or Crème de Cacao to wet the rim.