News Briefs – 11/12

Reading series

This fall’s Ibis Literary Reading Series will culminate with a double reading by recognized poets Oscar Bermeo and Barbara Jane Reyes from 8 p.m. to 9 p.m. Thursday at Books & Books in Coral Gables. Bermeo is the author of “To the Break of Dawn” and has been a featured writer at various institutions like the University of California, Berkeley. Reyes is the author of “Diwata,” winner of the Global Filipino Literary Award for Poetry, and a finalist for the California Book Award. For more information, visit as.miami.edu/creativewriting/readingseries/ibis.

Green Team

The Green Team is accepting applications for the fall 2012 to spring 2013 year. The Green Team is a coalition of the ECO Agency, Category 5, Green U and other environmental organizations that will facilitate and promote recycling and waste prevention at events.  To apply and learn more about Green Team, email  umecoagency@gmail.com.

Alexander Gonzalez may be reached at agonzalez@themiamihurricane.com.

Alexander Gonzalez

Assistant Editor

When Al Golden recruited David Njoku to the University of Miami in 2014 the Cedar Grove, N.J. native ...

The night after FIU gave away a game to the University of Miami with a ninth-inning passed ball that ...

Redshirt freshman quarterback Jack Allison left the University of Miami football program on Tuesday. ...

Closer Frankie Bartow stared into the Panthers’ dugout immediately after fanning the final batter of ...

Go ahead. Try telling former University of Miami quarterback Brad Kaaya that his critics say he gets ...

UM marks Holocaust Remembrance Day with a reading of names and recollections of a survivor. ...

A recent paper argues that not only have researchers just scratched the surface of analyzing the Ama ...

The period of the first 100 days in office is a telling gauge for a president's full term in th ...

UM students, staff and faculty join the worldwide march to end men’s violence against women. ...

Greek Week at the University of Miami is committed to raising money and awareness for United Cerebra ...

Images from @CanesMensTennis match against Duke. ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team came up short against No. 34 Duke University, 4-1, Th ...

Images from @CanesMensTennis win over Boston College. ...

Sinead Lohan and Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team were both among the ni ...

The fourth-seeded Miami women's tennis team is set to open ACC Championship play Friday afterno ...