News Briefs – 11/12

Reading series

This fall’s Ibis Literary Reading Series will culminate with a double reading by recognized poets Oscar Bermeo and Barbara Jane Reyes from 8 p.m. to 9 p.m. Thursday at Books & Books in Coral Gables. Bermeo is the author of “To the Break of Dawn” and has been a featured writer at various institutions like the University of California, Berkeley. Reyes is the author of “Diwata,” winner of the Global Filipino Literary Award for Poetry, and a finalist for the California Book Award. For more information, visit as.miami.edu/creativewriting/readingseries/ibis.

Green Team

The Green Team is accepting applications for the fall 2012 to spring 2013 year. The Green Team is a coalition of the ECO Agency, Category 5, Green U and other environmental organizations that will facilitate and promote recycling and waste prevention at events.  To apply and learn more about Green Team, email  umecoagency@gmail.com.

Alexander Gonzalez may be reached at agonzalez@themiamihurricane.com.

Alexander Gonzalez

Assistant Editor

Most NBA mock drafts had Miami Hurricanes guard Davon Reed going late in the second round of Thursda ...

University of Miami shooting guard Davon Reed will gather with friends and family in Ewing, New Jers ...

University of Miami great and Pro Football Hall of Famer Warren Sapp announced on Tuesday that he pl ...

The University of Miami continues to make a hard push for five-star point guard Immanuel Quickley of ...

The University of Miami’s 2018 football recruiting class, already ranked the best in the country by ...

UM female scientists share some insight on women in science, science in Hollywood and how Wonder Wom ...

Read the latest entries from UM students who are spending part or all of their summer visiting diffe ...

UM Student Affairs Advocacy Coordinator Heather Stevens has been awarded the William Leftwich Award ...

President Julio Frenk makes the case for collaboration at eMerge Americas. ...

UM College of Engineering Dean Jean-Pierre Bardet and alumnus Rony Abovitz share the stage in a disc ...

The Atlantic Coast and Big Ten Conferences announced Monday, the University of Miami men's bask ...

Three members of the University of Miami men's tennis players have been selected as All-ACC Aca ...

The University of Miami women's golf team had four individuals selected to the 2017 Atlantic Co ...

A freshman from Stratham, N.H., Rebecca Ripley of the Miami women's basketball team sat down wi ...

University of Miami standout Shakima Wimbley is headed to the 2017 IAAF World Championships in Londo ...