News Briefs – 11/12

Reading series

This fall’s Ibis Literary Reading Series will culminate with a double reading by recognized poets Oscar Bermeo and Barbara Jane Reyes from 8 p.m. to 9 p.m. Thursday at Books & Books in Coral Gables. Bermeo is the author of “To the Break of Dawn” and has been a featured writer at various institutions like the University of California, Berkeley. Reyes is the author of “Diwata,” winner of the Global Filipino Literary Award for Poetry, and a finalist for the California Book Award. For more information, visit as.miami.edu/creativewriting/readingseries/ibis.

Green Team

The Green Team is accepting applications for the fall 2012 to spring 2013 year. The Green Team is a coalition of the ECO Agency, Category 5, Green U and other environmental organizations that will facilitate and promote recycling and waste prevention at events.  To apply and learn more about Green Team, email  umecoagency@gmail.com.

Alexander Gonzalez may be reached at agonzalez@themiamihurricane.com.

Alexander Gonzalez

Assistant Editor

Lester Williams wasn’t on the field playing for the Miami Hurricanes when they won their first natio ...

An extremely frustrated University of Miami football coach Mark Richt began his media availability b ...