News Briefs – 11/12

Reading series

This fall’s Ibis Literary Reading Series will culminate with a double reading by recognized poets Oscar Bermeo and Barbara Jane Reyes from 8 p.m. to 9 p.m. Thursday at Books & Books in Coral Gables. Bermeo is the author of “To the Break of Dawn” and has been a featured writer at various institutions like the University of California, Berkeley. Reyes is the author of “Diwata,” winner of the Global Filipino Literary Award for Poetry, and a finalist for the California Book Award. For more information, visit as.miami.edu/creativewriting/readingseries/ibis.

Green Team

The Green Team is accepting applications for the fall 2012 to spring 2013 year. The Green Team is a coalition of the ECO Agency, Category 5, Green U and other environmental organizations that will facilitate and promote recycling and waste prevention at events.  To apply and learn more about Green Team, email  umecoagency@gmail.com.

Alexander Gonzalez may be reached at agonzalez@themiamihurricane.com.

Alexander Gonzalez

Assistant Editor

Part four of a five-part series on UM’s defense with the start of fall camp a month away: Cornerback ...

Part three of a five-part series with the Canes' view of every player on defense: Some insight ...

University of Miami head football coach Mark Richt was among the 20 coaches selected to the preseaso ...

Miami opens the Wooden Legacy against La Salle on Thanksgiving Day in Fullerton, Calif. ...