News Briefs – 11/12

Reading series

This fall’s Ibis Literary Reading Series will culminate with a double reading by recognized poets Oscar Bermeo and Barbara Jane Reyes from 8 p.m. to 9 p.m. Thursday at Books & Books in Coral Gables. Bermeo is the author of “To the Break of Dawn” and has been a featured writer at various institutions like the University of California, Berkeley. Reyes is the author of “Diwata,” winner of the Global Filipino Literary Award for Poetry, and a finalist for the California Book Award. For more information, visit as.miami.edu/creativewriting/readingseries/ibis.

Green Team

The Green Team is accepting applications for the fall 2012 to spring 2013 year. The Green Team is a coalition of the ECO Agency, Category 5, Green U and other environmental organizations that will facilitate and promote recycling and waste prevention at events.  To apply and learn more about Green Team, email  umecoagency@gmail.com.

Alexander Gonzalez may be reached at agonzalez@themiamihurricane.com.

Alexander Gonzalez

Assistant Editor

The Miami Hurricanes football team hosted the 2017 Football Awards Show at Gusman Hall on the Univer ...