Dear V

Dear V: I saw him cheat, but he’s kind of sweet…

I’ve been with my boyfriend for a year and a half, but I caught him cheating on me at a party. He says it’s the first time and that it was a mistake. I love him, but I don’t know if I can trust him. What should I do?

Sincerely, 

Wish I Hadn’t Seen That

Dear Unfortunate Eye-Witness,

Get rid of the schmuck. He says it’s a mistake, but clearly he didn’t care if anyone saw because he cheated out in the open. Sure, there are plenty of people at parties; maybe he thought he could hide among other horny, sweaty drunks, but obviously he failed. So not only is he a cheater, but he’s stupid to boot.

And what if it wasn’t the first time? And let’s face it, it probably wasn’t. Letting it slide means he’ll probably try it again. “Oh, I got away with it the first time, let’s see what else I can get away with.” No.

Don’t let him do that to you because, in the end, you’ll be a sobbing, mascara-covered mess and he’ll be fooling around with someone else. Ben & Jerry’s makes plenty of money without your contribution, so don’t go blowing your paycheck on Phish Food too quickly.

I know splitting will hurt since you’ve been together for a while, but let me be cliche in telling you there are plenty other fish in the sea. And a good portion of these fish are not lying, cheating scum. So do yourself a favor and toss out that rotting tuna.

Plus you’re young, so you’ve got time. Don’t settle into a relationship because it’s familiar and comfortable when, in the long run, it’ll bring you nothing but heartbreak.

You could be out flaunting yourself to guys who will appreciate you more and not snog some random girl at this week’s hottest theme party while dating you.

So drop the dud, pull on some neon spandex, and go rock out to Cyndi Lauper at the next ‘80s bash. Stop buggin’, you’ll feel like, totally tubular!

ONE COMMENT ON THIS POST To “Dear V: I saw him cheat, but he’s kind of sweet…”

1. Gorax, Devourer of Souls says:

Gurl you needa find you a man who gon treat you right

A heap of preseason accolades are being showered daily on the University of Miami football players. ...

James Jones, who starred at Hialeah American High School, the University of Miami and was a part of ...

A classic good news/bad news scenerio arose for Miami Hurricanes football at the recent Atlantic Coa ...

The University of Miami football players are not the only ones getting preseason accolades. The guys ...

Defending national champ Clemson led all Atlantic Coast Conference schools Wednesday with five playe ...

Gomez, an expert on human values and attitudes in post-Castro Cuba, will serve as interim director o ...

The University of Miami announced the appointment of Cindy Munro as the new dean of the School of Nu ...

Read the latest entries from UM students who are spending part or all of their summer visiting diffe ...

University of Miami’s Office of Civic and Community Engagement harnesses technology to seek affordab ...

UM female scientists share some insight on women in science, science in Hollywood and how Wonder Wom ...