Dear V

Dear V: I saw him cheat, but he’s kind of sweet…

I’ve been with my boyfriend for a year and a half, but I caught him cheating on me at a party. He says it’s the first time and that it was a mistake. I love him, but I don’t know if I can trust him. What should I do?

Sincerely, 

Wish I Hadn’t Seen That

Dear Unfortunate Eye-Witness,

Get rid of the schmuck. He says it’s a mistake, but clearly he didn’t care if anyone saw because he cheated out in the open. Sure, there are plenty of people at parties; maybe he thought he could hide among other horny, sweaty drunks, but obviously he failed. So not only is he a cheater, but he’s stupid to boot.

And what if it wasn’t the first time? And let’s face it, it probably wasn’t. Letting it slide means he’ll probably try it again. “Oh, I got away with it the first time, let’s see what else I can get away with.” No.

Don’t let him do that to you because, in the end, you’ll be a sobbing, mascara-covered mess and he’ll be fooling around with someone else. Ben & Jerry’s makes plenty of money without your contribution, so don’t go blowing your paycheck on Phish Food too quickly.

I know splitting will hurt since you’ve been together for a while, but let me be cliche in telling you there are plenty other fish in the sea. And a good portion of these fish are not lying, cheating scum. So do yourself a favor and toss out that rotting tuna.

Plus you’re young, so you’ve got time. Don’t settle into a relationship because it’s familiar and comfortable when, in the long run, it’ll bring you nothing but heartbreak.

You could be out flaunting yourself to guys who will appreciate you more and not snog some random girl at this week’s hottest theme party while dating you.

So drop the dud, pull on some neon spandex, and go rock out to Cyndi Lauper at the next ‘80s bash. Stop buggin’, you’ll feel like, totally tubular!

About Author

Jordan Coyne

ONE COMMENT ON THIS POST To “Dear V: I saw him cheat, but he’s kind of sweet…”

1. Gorax, Devourer of Souls says:

Gurl you needa find you a man who gon treat you right

Myron Rolle is ready to take his game from the football field to the operating table. Those precious ...

University of Miami middle linebacker Shaquille Quarterman’s ultimate goal has always been the same: ...

Just one glance at Brad Kaaya throwing passes Tuesday after the University of Miami’s first spring f ...

Yes, the Hurricanes’ uncertainty at quarterback has created some uneasiness, as Mark Richt told me r ...

Senior guards Adrienne Motley and Jessica Thomas sat slumped over on the Watsco Center floor late Mo ...

A conversation with Belén Garijo and Felicia Marie Knaul. ...

Nova Southeastern University’s Jacqueline A. Travisano will be UM’s Executive Vice President for Bus ...

U.S. Trust will provide advisory services for UM’s long-term growth portfolio. ...

Sir James Galway, Distinguished Presidential Scholar, inspires flute students with his artistry and ...

Activist and community organizer Alicia Garza stresses the need for a richness of ideas to help solv ...

Miami travels to Louisville, Ky., Sunday at noon to face No. 34 Louisville at the Bass-Rudd Tennis C ...

Briadam Herrera continued his sparkling postseason run Friday at the IU Natatorium, finishing as the ...

The Hurricanes will welcome a talented field of teams to Cobb Stadium for the second of three home m ...

The No. 37 Miami women's tennis team fell to Boston College, 6-1, Friday afternoon at the Flynn ...

The Miami Hurricanes dropped their series opener to No. 8 North Carolina Friday afternoon at Boshame ...