Dear V

Dear V: I saw him cheat, but he’s kind of sweet…

I’ve been with my boyfriend for a year and a half, but I caught him cheating on me at a party. He says it’s the first time and that it was a mistake. I love him, but I don’t know if I can trust him. What should I do?

Sincerely, 

Wish I Hadn’t Seen That

Dear Unfortunate Eye-Witness,

Get rid of the schmuck. He says it’s a mistake, but clearly he didn’t care if anyone saw because he cheated out in the open. Sure, there are plenty of people at parties; maybe he thought he could hide among other horny, sweaty drunks, but obviously he failed. So not only is he a cheater, but he’s stupid to boot.

And what if it wasn’t the first time? And let’s face it, it probably wasn’t. Letting it slide means he’ll probably try it again. “Oh, I got away with it the first time, let’s see what else I can get away with.” No.

Don’t let him do that to you because, in the end, you’ll be a sobbing, mascara-covered mess and he’ll be fooling around with someone else. Ben & Jerry’s makes plenty of money without your contribution, so don’t go blowing your paycheck on Phish Food too quickly.

I know splitting will hurt since you’ve been together for a while, but let me be cliche in telling you there are plenty other fish in the sea. And a good portion of these fish are not lying, cheating scum. So do yourself a favor and toss out that rotting tuna.

Plus you’re young, so you’ve got time. Don’t settle into a relationship because it’s familiar and comfortable when, in the long run, it’ll bring you nothing but heartbreak.

You could be out flaunting yourself to guys who will appreciate you more and not snog some random girl at this week’s hottest theme party while dating you.

So drop the dud, pull on some neon spandex, and go rock out to Cyndi Lauper at the next ‘80s bash. Stop buggin’, you’ll feel like, totally tubular!

It’s one thing for a player who’s projected to go in the first two rounds of the NFL Draft to turn p ...

Miami coach Jim Larranaga and his staff spent recent practices pushing his players to whip the ball ...

The University of Miami confirmed in a written release Sunday that starting cornerback Malek Young s ...

Four days had passed since his University of Miami basketball team squandered a 13-point second half ...

Thirty high school English teachers from Brazil are spending six weeks at UM in a new skill-building ...

The No. 25/23 Miami men's basketball team shot a sizzling 57.6 percent from the field in pullin ...

The University of Miami women's basketball team picked up its third straight win in eight days ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (1-2) closed out its opening weekend with a 5-2 loss ...

With the help of dominating victories and dramatic comebacks, the No. 19 Miami women's tennis t ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (1-1) returns to action on Sunday, as it travels to N ...