V's Take

Dear V: I saw him cheat, but he’s kind of sweet…

I’ve been with my boyfriend for a year and a half, but I caught him cheating on me at a party. He says it’s the first time and that it was a mistake. I love him, but I don’t know if I can trust him. What should I do?

Sincerely, 

Wish I Hadn’t Seen That

Dear Unfortunate Eye-Witness,

Get rid of the schmuck. He says it’s a mistake, but clearly he didn’t care if anyone saw because he cheated out in the open. Sure, there are plenty of people at parties; maybe he thought he could hide among other horny, sweaty drunks, but obviously he failed. So not only is he a cheater, but he’s stupid to boot.

And what if it wasn’t the first time? And let’s face it, it probably wasn’t. Letting it slide means he’ll probably try it again. “Oh, I got away with it the first time, let’s see what else I can get away with.” No.

Don’t let him do that to you because, in the end, you’ll be a sobbing, mascara-covered mess and he’ll be fooling around with someone else. Ben & Jerry’s makes plenty of money without your contribution, so don’t go blowing your paycheck on Phish Food too quickly.

I know splitting will hurt since you’ve been together for a while, but let me be cliche in telling you there are plenty other fish in the sea. And a good portion of these fish are not lying, cheating scum. So do yourself a favor and toss out that rotting tuna.

Plus you’re young, so you’ve got time. Don’t settle into a relationship because it’s familiar and comfortable when, in the long run, it’ll bring you nothing but heartbreak.

You could be out flaunting yourself to guys who will appreciate you more and not snog some random girl at this week’s hottest theme party while dating you.

So drop the dud, pull on some neon spandex, and go rock out to Cyndi Lauper at the next ‘80s bash. Stop buggin’, you’ll feel like, totally tubular!

Here is some impressive news for the University of Miami football program: All but one of the remain ...

Lonnie Walker IV stood out on and off the court at the NBA Draft Combine, which ended on Sunday in C ...

University of Miami incoming prep star Will Mallory, the other half of the soon-to-be No. 1 freshman ...

View photos as Miami Hurricanes Coach Jim Morris ends 41-year career on Saturday, May 19, 2018, at M ...

The sullen, charcoal sky opened with a vengeance Saturday afternoon at Mark Light Field in Coral Gab ...

Over his more than two decades at the U, the dean of students from 1976-1989 always put students fir ...

The final Sea Secrets lecture at the Rosenstiel School examines the biofluorescence of marine organi ...

Maintenance mechanic Milton Davis has kept UM housing humming for decades. ...

No. 7 seed Miami opens its run at the 2018 ACC Baseball Championship Tuesday, May 22 against No. 11 ...

After 25 years, head coach Jim Morris had just one request for the pregame festivities for his final ...

The Miami Hurricanes will kick off their 2018 home schedule at Hard Rock Stadium on Saturday, Sept. ...

Check out over 60 of the top pictures from the Miami women's tennis team's matchup with to ...

In honor of Jim Morris' final regular season game as head coach at Miami on Saturday, May 19, t ...