Dear V

Dear V: I saw him cheat, but he’s kind of sweet…

I’ve been with my boyfriend for a year and a half, but I caught him cheating on me at a party. He says it’s the first time and that it was a mistake. I love him, but I don’t know if I can trust him. What should I do?

Sincerely, 

Wish I Hadn’t Seen That

Dear Unfortunate Eye-Witness,

Get rid of the schmuck. He says it’s a mistake, but clearly he didn’t care if anyone saw because he cheated out in the open. Sure, there are plenty of people at parties; maybe he thought he could hide among other horny, sweaty drunks, but obviously he failed. So not only is he a cheater, but he’s stupid to boot.

And what if it wasn’t the first time? And let’s face it, it probably wasn’t. Letting it slide means he’ll probably try it again. “Oh, I got away with it the first time, let’s see what else I can get away with.” No.

Don’t let him do that to you because, in the end, you’ll be a sobbing, mascara-covered mess and he’ll be fooling around with someone else. Ben & Jerry’s makes plenty of money without your contribution, so don’t go blowing your paycheck on Phish Food too quickly.

I know splitting will hurt since you’ve been together for a while, but let me be cliche in telling you there are plenty other fish in the sea. And a good portion of these fish are not lying, cheating scum. So do yourself a favor and toss out that rotting tuna.

Plus you’re young, so you’ve got time. Don’t settle into a relationship because it’s familiar and comfortable when, in the long run, it’ll bring you nothing but heartbreak.

You could be out flaunting yourself to guys who will appreciate you more and not snog some random girl at this week’s hottest theme party while dating you.

So drop the dud, pull on some neon spandex, and go rock out to Cyndi Lauper at the next ‘80s bash. Stop buggin’, you’ll feel like, totally tubular!

ONE COMMENT ON THIS POST To “Dear V: I saw him cheat, but he’s kind of sweet…”

1. Gorax, Devourer of Souls says:

Gurl you needa find you a man who gon treat you right

If defense really does win championships, the University of Miami is in good shape. Despite giving u ...

This is the Miami Hurricanes team that finally solved its long hex in finally winning at Florida Sta ...

1. HURRICANES: No. 3 Canes beat Virginia in home finale: ACC title game, first 10-win season since 2 ...

The No. 2 Miami Hurricanes are kings at keeping their fans in a panicked state — then filling them w ...

CANESFAN SATISFACTION METER: G10: Time again for the latest edition of the Canesfan Satisfaction Met ...

The Finker-Frenkel Legacy Foundation gift will establish the Business Plan Competition Endowed Fund. ...

C. David Naylor, a UM Presidential Scholar and public health policy expert, provided insight into he ...

A cohort of five religious leaders from Miami, including a rabbi and imam from the University of Mia ...

Hollywood actress and star of the hit BET series Being Mary Jane gets real about gender, race and co ...

The annual development agreement meeting is a time for the city and University to share information ...

Miami survived an early scare to beat Virginia, 44-28, and achieve its first 10-win season since 200 ...

The University of Miami volleyball team produced some late-match magic Friday night to outlast an in ...

Miami dropped a 67-61 decision to Colorado on Saturday afternoon in its first road game of the seaso ...

Here are three matchups to watch in Saturday's Senior Day game between the No. 3 Canes and Virg ...

Miami's seniors will play their final home game at Hard Rock Stadium when the Canes face Virgin ...