Sports Briefs – 11/8

Soccer

The women’s soccer team will head to its second consecutive NCAA Tournament following a regular season finale victory over No. 1 FSU and an appearance in the ACC Tournament. The team earned an at-large bid for its fifth invitation in program history. The team will take on No. 20 UCF in a rematch of their regular season matchup on Friday. The Knights came away with an overtime 1-0 victory in their first meeting this season. Miami is one of nine ACC teams that will be represented in the tournament.

Track & Field

Director of Track & Field Amy Deem has announced the team’s schedule for the 2013 indoor and outdoor season. The outdoor season kicks off with the annual Hurricane Invitational on March 15, and includes two other meets along with the ACC and NCAA Championships. The indoor season features trips to Kentucky, Auburn, Virginia Tech and Notre Dame.

NFL

Just two months after being diagnosed with leukemia, former Canes special teams coordinator and current Indianapolis Colts head coach Chuck Pagano’s cancer has gone into remission. He is set to begin a second round of chemotherapy this week.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

Ernesto Suarez may be contacted at sports@themiamihurricane.com.

Ernesto Suarez

Sports Editor

Michael Rumph, former Cane cornerback and current cornerbacks coach, has mentioned, along with every ...

N’Kosi Perry, definitely on the quiet side, met the media for the first time on Monday. He’s the Mia ...

On a day in which University of Miami football coach Mark Richt said veteran quarterbacks Malik Rosi ...

Week three of fall camp began today, and the first practice after Saturday’s first scrimmage of camp ...

Researchers use a powerful technique known as Interferometric Synthetic Aperture Radar to show an in ...

UM’s First Star Academy supports foster care youth. ...