Sports Briefs – 11/8

Soccer

The women’s soccer team will head to its second consecutive NCAA Tournament following a regular season finale victory over No. 1 FSU and an appearance in the ACC Tournament. The team earned an at-large bid for its fifth invitation in program history. The team will take on No. 20 UCF in a rematch of their regular season matchup on Friday. The Knights came away with an overtime 1-0 victory in their first meeting this season. Miami is one of nine ACC teams that will be represented in the tournament.

Track & Field

Director of Track & Field Amy Deem has announced the team’s schedule for the 2013 indoor and outdoor season. The outdoor season kicks off with the annual Hurricane Invitational on March 15, and includes two other meets along with the ACC and NCAA Championships. The indoor season features trips to Kentucky, Auburn, Virginia Tech and Notre Dame.

NFL

Just two months after being diagnosed with leukemia, former Canes special teams coordinator and current Indianapolis Colts head coach Chuck Pagano’s cancer has gone into remission. He is set to begin a second round of chemotherapy this week.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

Ernesto Suarez may be contacted at sports@themiamihurricane.com.

Ernesto Suarez

Sports Editor

The Hurricanes have become part of college football’s national conversation, and the more wins they ...

Kicker Michael Badgley will soon become the University of Miami’s all-time field goal leader. In the ...

University of Miami coach Mark Richt called Darrell Langham’s amazing, 28-yard catch on fourth-and-1 ...

Darrell Langham is 6-4, but might as well be 8-4 — that’s how much he has grown in stature for the M ...

The Miami Hurricanes have done it again. For the second week in a row, the Canes rallied to win in t ...

Hurricanes legends Michael Irvin, Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Warren Sapp and Sean Taylor were officially ad ...

University of Miami wide receiver Darrell Langham and kicker Michael Badgley were among those recogn ...

University of Miami redshirt setter Haley Templeton was named ACC Player of the Week, the conference ...

Freshman Bojan Jankulovski highlighted Day 2 competition on Saturday for the University of Miami men ...

The University of Miami's football game at North Carolina on Oct. 28 will kick off at noon ET o ...