Sports Briefs – 11/8

Soccer

The women’s soccer team will head to its second consecutive NCAA Tournament following a regular season finale victory over No. 1 FSU and an appearance in the ACC Tournament. The team earned an at-large bid for its fifth invitation in program history. The team will take on No. 20 UCF in a rematch of their regular season matchup on Friday. The Knights came away with an overtime 1-0 victory in their first meeting this season. Miami is one of nine ACC teams that will be represented in the tournament.

Track & Field

Director of Track & Field Amy Deem has announced the team’s schedule for the 2013 indoor and outdoor season. The outdoor season kicks off with the annual Hurricane Invitational on March 15, and includes two other meets along with the ACC and NCAA Championships. The indoor season features trips to Kentucky, Auburn, Virginia Tech and Notre Dame.

NFL

Just two months after being diagnosed with leukemia, former Canes special teams coordinator and current Indianapolis Colts head coach Chuck Pagano’s cancer has gone into remission. He is set to begin a second round of chemotherapy this week.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

Ernesto Suarez may be contacted at sports@themiamihurricane.com.

Ernesto Suarez

Sports Editor

Most NBA mock drafts had Miami Hurricanes guard Davon Reed going late in the second round of Thursda ...

University of Miami shooting guard Davon Reed will gather with friends and family in Ewing, New Jers ...

University of Miami great and Pro Football Hall of Famer Warren Sapp announced on Tuesday that he pl ...

The University of Miami continues to make a hard push for five-star point guard Immanuel Quickley of ...

The University of Miami’s 2018 football recruiting class, already ranked the best in the country by ...

UM Student Affairs Advocacy Coordinator Heather Stevens has been awarded the William Leftwich Award ...

President Julio Frenk makes the case for collaboration at eMerge Americas. ...

UM College of Engineering Dean Jean-Pierre Bardet and alumnus Rony Abovitz share the stage in a disc ...

UM showcases its technology initiatives and projects at eMerge Americas ...

The University of Miami Center for Computational Science and the Fastrack Institute sign an agreemen ...

Four weeks, four potential stars, only at The U. ...

Redshirt senior forward Kamari Murphy of the University of Miami men's basketball team will pla ...

Senior guard Davon Reed of the University of Miami men's basketball team was selected No. 32 ov ...

Lexi Castellano of the University of Miami soccer team spent almost four weeks this summer in Vietna ...

Miami Hurricanes baseball legend Pat Burrell will be inducted into the Omaha College Baseball Hall o ...