Sports Briefs – 11/8

Soccer

The women’s soccer team will head to its second consecutive NCAA Tournament following a regular season finale victory over No. 1 FSU and an appearance in the ACC Tournament. The team earned an at-large bid for its fifth invitation in program history. The team will take on No. 20 UCF in a rematch of their regular season matchup on Friday. The Knights came away with an overtime 1-0 victory in their first meeting this season. Miami is one of nine ACC teams that will be represented in the tournament.

Track & Field

Director of Track & Field Amy Deem has announced the team’s schedule for the 2013 indoor and outdoor season. The outdoor season kicks off with the annual Hurricane Invitational on March 15, and includes two other meets along with the ACC and NCAA Championships. The indoor season features trips to Kentucky, Auburn, Virginia Tech and Notre Dame.

NFL

Just two months after being diagnosed with leukemia, former Canes special teams coordinator and current Indianapolis Colts head coach Chuck Pagano’s cancer has gone into remission. He is set to begin a second round of chemotherapy this week.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

Ernesto Suarez may be contacted at sports@themiamihurricane.com.

Ernesto Suarez

Sports Editor

Five years and two days after being fired as FIU’s football coach, at least one report declares form ...

The Hurricanes and Colonials square off at noon Saturday in Washington, D.C. ...

University of Miami men's basketball player Chris Stowell is an active member in the Hurricanes ...