Sports Briefs – 11/8

Soccer

The women’s soccer team will head to its second consecutive NCAA Tournament following a regular season finale victory over No. 1 FSU and an appearance in the ACC Tournament. The team earned an at-large bid for its fifth invitation in program history. The team will take on No. 20 UCF in a rematch of their regular season matchup on Friday. The Knights came away with an overtime 1-0 victory in their first meeting this season. Miami is one of nine ACC teams that will be represented in the tournament.

Track & Field

Director of Track & Field Amy Deem has announced the team’s schedule for the 2013 indoor and outdoor season. The outdoor season kicks off with the annual Hurricane Invitational on March 15, and includes two other meets along with the ACC and NCAA Championships. The indoor season features trips to Kentucky, Auburn, Virginia Tech and Notre Dame.

NFL

Just two months after being diagnosed with leukemia, former Canes special teams coordinator and current Indianapolis Colts head coach Chuck Pagano’s cancer has gone into remission. He is set to begin a second round of chemotherapy this week.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

Ernesto Suarez may be contacted at sports@themiamihurricane.com.

Ernesto Suarez

Sports Editor

University of Miami football great Cortez Kennedy, a Pro Football Hall of Famer remembered for his w ...

The Hurricanes are still alive in their quest to make it to the NCAA Division I Baseball Tournament. ...

When Edgar Michelangeli stepped up to bat on Saturday, there was pressure. So much pressure. There w ...

On a day when the newest University of Miami football players – including heralded prep quarterback ...

How much does 44 years of history weigh? That is what these Miami Hurricanes baseball players carry ...

Victor Oquendo, BSC ’09, is following in his parents’ footsteps. ...

The Rosenstiel School’s final lecture of the 2017 Sea Secrets series focused on using science diplom ...

Researchers believe they have found a new way to monitor the intensity and location of hurricanes fr ...

The University of Miami welcomed nearly 3,800 new graduates into the UM alumni family during six cer ...

Speakers urge UM’s graduating students to use their skills and talents to make a difference. ...

Joe Gomez drove in the winning run after Andrew Cabezas pitched 6.1 no-hit innings of relief. ...

University of Miami women's golf sophomore Dewi Weber was selected as a Second Team All-America ...

Miami's Estela Perez-Somarriba will take on No. 64 Ana Oparenovic Wednesday at 8 a.m., while Si ...

Dee Delaney is eligible to play immediately as a graduate transfer from The Citadel, where he was na ...

Joe Gomez played the role of Hurricane hero Tuesday , lifting sixth-seeded Miami to a 6-5 win over 1 ...