V's Take

Dear V: I got handcuffed by a slutty deputy…

Halloween got a little too crazy for me, and I had a bit too much to drink. One thing led to another, and basically I ended up hooking up with this really hot girl in a cop outfit. Problem is I have a girlfriend who I really like, but she couldn’t come out with me because of a test the next morning. I don’t want to tell her, but I’m afraid she’ll find out, and I just don’t want to lose her over a stupid drunken mistake. What do I do?

$%#)ed the police

Dear Trick-or-Cheat,

I hope you weren’t expecting any sort of sympathy from me because you’re not going to get it. In short, you acted like a real asshole. Getting so drunk that you cheat on this girlfriend of yours you supposedly “really like?”  That’s low and insensitive, and getting belligerent is never an excuse. Cheating is still cheating.

There’s no use in hiding it. Obviously you feel badly, which is your first step in deserving your girlfriend’s lovin’ once again, so keeping it a secret will only eat away at you. Waiting is just going to make it worse.

If you think I’m being mean about this, your girlfriend’s going to be the devil. No girl wants to hear that her guy gets drunk and goes after any cop or nurse with a nice pair of tits whenever she needs to stay in and study for a test. I’m not saying you had to stay in on Halloween just because she did, but did you even think that having more than a few beers when you’re riding solo was a bad idea? Especially when everyone and their mother (and I mean that almost literally) is pairing their fishnets and push-up bras with animal ears.

This is why Halloween brings out the horny in all of us, my little cheater. Imagine all the great role playing that can be done in the bedroom when everyone’s already in costume. But you’re supposed to be playing cops and robbers with your girlfriend, not Pumpkin Tits from Sandbar.

So tell your girlfriend because she deserves to know, and she doesn’t deserve this kind of treatment. Who knows – she might give you a second chance, but better have your friends Ben & Jerry on call just in case she doesn’t.

Dewan Huell will be wearing green and orange for at least another year. Huell announced Saturday on ...

Their bats and gloves and baseball skills weren't enough Thursday night. Now, the Miami Hurrica ...

Florida State's recruiting trail hit Georgia last week, and while the #Tribe19 class is a focal ...

It's almost summer, time for college football players to wind down and chill out — every now an ...

Alumna and faculty member shares lessons and learning about racial identity in free parent community ...

Voters head to the polls in a historic election to choose the country’s next president. ...

From boathouse to marine research powerhouse, the Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Scienc ...

Stormy weather in the Gulf of Mexico may have delayed Friday's competition, but wind and rain c ...

Last season, Miami Hurricanes fans created, quite simply, one of the best home-field advantages in c ...

University of Miami senior Christian Langmo and freshman Adria Soriano were edged by Florida's ...

After rallying to force a split, Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miamis women's tennis team was u ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team will wrap up the memorable 2018 season as No. 42 in t ...