Staff editorial: 10 things to know before you go to the Grove on Halloween

If you’re headed to the Grove for Halloween, be prepared for more than just a night of ghosts and ghouls. There are a few things to keep in mind if you’d like to live to see November. But, have no fear. We have assembled 10 things to know so you have fun and make it home in one piece.

1. Don’t even think about a cab. Unless you can befriend a driver in the next three days who’ll answer your 2 a.m. phone call when you’re ready to hit those extra-long twins.
  2. New York Pizza will be calling your name, as always. But lines are going to be crazy. P.S. Grove tacos will not satisfy drunk you.
  3. You moose not forget that Mr. Moe’s mixes countless types of alcohol in their infamous concoction.
  4. Take Jenna Marbles’ advice: Marry your shoes for the night. And wear shoes you can actually operate in when you’ve had one too many.
  5. It’s hard to navigate through the crowds to get to the bar. Plan accordingly.
  6. Personal belongings tend to have the habit of slipping away from you, especially when you’re seeing double. Take extra care of your phone and I.D.
  7. Keep tabs on your friends at all times. Don’t get separated from the pack, and come with a charged phone.
  8. This is the perfect opportunity to people watch, but don’t stare for too long. One rude glance at an intoxicated Dexter Morgan may lead to a fight. Never thought you’d see Honey Boo Boo in a cop car.
  9. Take out cash before you get there and leave your plastic at home. Many places have a $10 minimum in order to use a credit card. And, a word to the wise, it’s better to lose cash than your card.

10. This night will be Instagram worthy, but after your sixth tequila shot at Fat Tuesday’s, check yourself before you wreck yourself.

About Author

Here’s a positive sign for the University of Miami football program: receiver Lawrence Cager appears ...

Tidbits from UM spring football Day 4: • Three of what likely will be UM’s top four corners haven’t ...

You’ve probably seen them: the emotive tweets from University of Miami football coach Mark Richt and ...

And another one... The stars just keep committing. A few hours after Miami Southridge’s nationally h ...

Want an early look at the incoming shooting guard who has a chance to become Miami’s best basketball ...

More than 250 participants met at the UM Fieldhouse at the Watsco Center to learn more from industry ...

Redshirt freshman diver David Dinsmore won the NCAA national championship in the men’s 10-meter plat ...

UM junior Gina Panarese was surprised on campus Thursday by the Ellen DeGeneres show and asked to pa ...

A conversation with Belén Garijo and Felicia Marie Knaul. ...

Nova Southeastern University’s Jacqueline A. Travisano will be UM’s Executive Vice President for Bus ...

Highlights from the 2016-17 Miami men's basketball season ...

Miami fell to No. 34 University of Louisville, 4-1, Sunday at the Bass-Rudd Tennis Center. ...

Facing its 10th top-30 opponent in 13 matches this season, the No. 37 Miami women's tennis team ...

Junior lefthander Michael Mediavilla was his vintage self, Miami's offense came through again, ...

Miami redshirt freshman David Dinsmore won the NCAA national championship in the men's 10-meter ...