Football, Sports

Running back Eduardo Clements out for season with injury

The Hurricanes had hoped to use the bye week to recover and rest up for the final four games of the regular season.

Not all went according to plan.

The team announced on Saturday morning that junior running back Eduardo Clements will miss the remainder of the season with an undisclosed injury. Though the exact nature of the injury was not revealed, it was one that Clements suffered last week against Florida State.

Though he will not return to the field this year, head coach Al Golden remains optimistic that Clements will make a full recovery and hopefully be ready to return in the spring.

“I feel really badly for Eduardo. He’s a heart and soul kid,” Golden said following practice on Saturday. “We’ll miss his toughness and his leadership, but he has to stay positive.”

Offensive coordinator Jedd Fisch shared similar sentiments, while mentioning that the other running backs will have to step up in his absence.

“It’s disappointing for him. Injuries are personal and I feel bad for [Clements],” he said. “Obviously it’s disappointing for the team because he was such a valuable part of our third downs, a valuable part of our program, and he’s a great leader.”

At the moment only senior Mike James and freshman Duke Johnson are listed on the depth chart at running back, but both Golden and Fisch confirmed that redshirt freshman Dallas Crawford will be listed as the third-string back.

Ernesto Suarez

Sports Editor

The Marlins will be represented at the All-Star Game for the 25th time on July 11 when the Midsummer ...

Most NBA mock drafts had Miami Hurricanes guard Davon Reed going late in the second round of Thursda ...

University of Miami shooting guard Davon Reed will gather with friends and family in Ewing, New Jers ...

University of Miami great and Pro Football Hall of Famer Warren Sapp announced on Tuesday that he pl ...

The University of Miami continues to make a hard push for five-star point guard Immanuel Quickley of ...

UM female scientists share some insight on women in science, science in Hollywood and how Wonder Wom ...

Read the latest entries from UM students who are spending part or all of their summer visiting diffe ...

UM Student Affairs Advocacy Coordinator Heather Stevens has been awarded the William Leftwich Award ...

President Julio Frenk makes the case for collaboration at eMerge Americas. ...

UM College of Engineering Dean Jean-Pierre Bardet and alumnus Rony Abovitz share the stage in a disc ...

Seven members of the University of Miami track and field program received All-ACC Academic honors fo ...

Three members of the University of Miami rowing team were named to the 2017 All-ACC Academic Rowing ...

The Miami women's basketball team will take on Michigan State at the Watsco Center in the 2017 ...

Two outgoing Miami student-athletes, Shakima Wimbley and Gracie Lachowecki, have officially been nam ...

Miami Deputy AD/SWA Jennifer Strawley has been named a member of the WBCA Board of Directors, as ann ...