News Briefs -10/25

CNL GUTS

Canes Night Live is looking for organizations to participate in its upcoming event, Turn Back the Clock (‘90s Night). Interested organizations will compete in a ‘90s-themed game show called CNL GUTS. GUTS will take place on Nov. 3 from 3 to 6 p.m.

The game consists of four rounds: a Double Dare trivia challenge, a slime obstacle course, bungee basketball and rock climbing.

There is no entry fee, and the winning organization receives an award and a $250 prize. To register or for more information, email UMCanesNightLive@yahoo.com with the subject head “(organization name) is CNL THAT.”

Service

Once a month, the Butler Center for Volunteer Service and Leadership Development in conjunction with Catalyst Miami will host an influential leader from the Miami nonprofit world to discuss aspects of nonprofit leadership.

The program is part of the Non-Profit Leadership Series, and Daniella Levine will be the first speaker on Wednesday from 1 to 2 p.m. in UC Ballroom D.

Levine is the CEO and founder of Catalyst Miami, and her talk is titled “Surviving and Thriving as a Leader.” For more information, email leadandserve@miami.edu.

UBike

UBike will be joining Gables Bike Day on Sunday from noon to 2:30 p.m., organizing a three-mile group ride to the event. The second annual Gables Bike Day promotes healthy activities and transportation within Coral Gables.

Miracle Mile eastbound lanes and Ponce de Leon Blvd. will be closed for auto traffic from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. To sign up, email ubike@miami.edu. For more information, contact campus planner Ricardo Herran at 305-284-6728.

Alexander Gonzalez may be contacted at agonzalez@themiamihurricane.com.

Alexander Gonzalez

Assistant Editor

The unopened Christmas gift that University of Miami defensive coordinator Manny Diaz recently spoke ...

The University of Miami is in conversations about playing the University of Alabama to kick off the ...