News Briefs -10/25

CNL GUTS

Canes Night Live is looking for organizations to participate in its upcoming event, Turn Back the Clock (‘90s Night). Interested organizations will compete in a ‘90s-themed game show called CNL GUTS. GUTS will take place on Nov. 3 from 3 to 6 p.m.

The game consists of four rounds: a Double Dare trivia challenge, a slime obstacle course, bungee basketball and rock climbing.

There is no entry fee, and the winning organization receives an award and a $250 prize. To register or for more information, email UMCanesNightLive@yahoo.com with the subject head “(organization name) is CNL THAT.”

Service

Once a month, the Butler Center for Volunteer Service and Leadership Development in conjunction with Catalyst Miami will host an influential leader from the Miami nonprofit world to discuss aspects of nonprofit leadership.

The program is part of the Non-Profit Leadership Series, and Daniella Levine will be the first speaker on Wednesday from 1 to 2 p.m. in UC Ballroom D.

Levine is the CEO and founder of Catalyst Miami, and her talk is titled “Surviving and Thriving as a Leader.” For more information, email leadandserve@miami.edu.

UBike

UBike will be joining Gables Bike Day on Sunday from noon to 2:30 p.m., organizing a three-mile group ride to the event. The second annual Gables Bike Day promotes healthy activities and transportation within Coral Gables.

Miracle Mile eastbound lanes and Ponce de Leon Blvd. will be closed for auto traffic from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. To sign up, email ubike@miami.edu. For more information, contact campus planner Ricardo Herran at 305-284-6728.

Alexander Gonzalez may be contacted at agonzalez@themiamihurricane.com.

Alexander Gonzalez

Assistant Editor

Darrell Langham, the redshirt junior receiver who caused an uproar among Miami Hurricanes fans the p ...

This news release just in from the University of Miami, another impressive class about to be inducte ...

The University of Miami men’s basketball team got a welcome dose of good news on Monday night. Verno ...

After a disheartening week of practice injury-wise following the University of Miami’s victory at Fl ...

University of Miami’s highly-touted freshman Lonnie Walker, who had surgery for a torn right meniscu ...

Darrell Langham has been a hero twice this season, but his path to prominence has been a long one. ...

The University of Miami Sports Hall of Fame has announced the Class of 2018 inductees for the 50th A ...

Senior diver Wally Layland was recognized for her standout performance at the SMU Classic with ACC C ...

University of Miami freshman Lonnie Walker IV was among 20 players named to the watch list for the 2 ...

The Miami Hurricanes will begin preparation for the 2018 season when fall practice commences Wed., O ...