News Briefs – 10/21

Sports Internships

On Wednesday from 3:30-4:30 p.m. at the Toppel Career Center Library, Toppel experts will present sports internship opportunities. The session will help address concerns such as finding an internship, choosing the right type of sports internship and working for a local Miami team or one in your hometown. For more information, contact Frits Bigham at fbigham@miami.edu.

Food Day

The Office of Civic and Community Engagement will celebrate the nationwide event Food Day on Wednesday. Food Day promotes the movement for healthy, affordable and sustainable food.  The Well ‘Canes Farmers Market will be held on the Green from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Then, a Community Food Organization Fair that includes nonprofits and campus groups will be held in the UC lower lounge from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Food Day then ends with a film screening and panel discussion at the Wesley College of Arts & Sciences Gallery from 5:30 to 8 p.m. For more information, visit miami.edu/civic.

Alexander Gonzalez may be contacted at agonzalez@themiamihurricane.com.

Alexander Gonzalez

Assistant Editor

Not only are the Hurricanes in the mix for at least five high-end running backs for the 2019 class, ...

After assembling one of the nation’s best groups of skill position players in the 2018 recruiting cl ...

Coach Kool, AKA Craig Kuligowski, is gone from the University of Miami, which is entirely uncool wit ...

He is considered among the finest defensive line coaches in the nation. And now, according to a writ ...

This is the time of year when every win or loss can make a difference in a team’s NCAA Tournament ch ...

The popular Christian minister preached to more people than any other evangelist in history. ...

A vigil on the University of Miami campus, organized by UM students who graduated from Marjory Stone ...

The latest speaker in the popular lecture series at the Rosenstiel School, Jeff Goodell, shared insi ...

At the University of Miami, the professor has the last word on whether students can use their laptop ...

Members of the University of Miami first response teams remind us of resources available and what to ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (5-2) returns to the court on Friday at 4 p.m., as it ...

Continuing a season-opening, seven-game homestand, No. 24 Miami is looking for its second straight s ...

Former Hurricane guard signs 10-day contract with Indiana Pacers. ...

For the second straight game, Miami's starting pitcher looked in dominant form through the firs ...

The University of Miami track and field team will compete against fellow conference members at the 2 ...