UM dean of libraries to step down next spring

UM President Donna E. Shalala announced Friday morning that Bill Walker, the dean of libraries, will step down from his post at the end of the spring semester.

Walker has been with the university since 2003. He currently oversees Richter Library, the Weeks Music Library, and the Newman Information Resource Center. According to Shalala’s statement, Walker was responsible for improving UM’s library system by introducing new technologies and expanding the libraries’ collections.

“He has also been a wonderful citizen of our community,” read a statement issued by Shalala Friday.

Walker’s last day will be May 31, 2013. A committee is currently being assembled to appoint his replacement, who will begin work on June 1, 2013.

This story will be updated as more information becomes available.

Alysha Khan

Online Editor

Michael Rumph, former Cane cornerback and current cornerbacks coach, has mentioned, along with every ...

N’Kosi Perry, definitely on the quiet side, met the media for the first time on Monday. He’s the Mia ...

On a day in which University of Miami football coach Mark Richt said veteran quarterbacks Malik Rosi ...

Researchers use a powerful technique known as Interferometric Synthetic Aperture Radar to show an in ...

UM’s First Star Academy supports foster care youth. ...