UM dean of libraries to step down next spring

UM President Donna E. Shalala announced Friday morning that Bill Walker, the dean of libraries, will step down from his post at the end of the spring semester.

Walker has been with the university since 2003. He currently oversees Richter Library, the Weeks Music Library, and the Newman Information Resource Center. According to Shalala’s statement, Walker was responsible for improving UM’s library system by introducing new technologies and expanding the libraries’ collections.

“He has also been a wonderful citizen of our community,” read a statement issued by Shalala Friday.

Walker’s last day will be May 31, 2013. A committee is currently being assembled to appoint his replacement, who will begin work on June 1, 2013.

This story will be updated as more information becomes available.

About Author

Alysha Khan Online Editor

And another one... The stars just keep committing. A few hours after Miami Southridge’s nationally h ...

Want an early look at the incoming shooting guard who has a chance to become Miami’s best basketball ...

The University of Miami quarterback corps is deep in numbers but shallow in experience. The battle c ...

Freshmen anyone? Mark Richt sounds like he’s liking these three early-enrollee true freshmen a whole ...

The University of Miami completed Day Three of spring football on Saturday, and as soon as practice ...

More than 250 participants met at the UM Fieldhouse at the Watsco Center to learn more from industry ...

Redshirt freshman diver David Dinsmore won the NCAA national championship in the men’s 10-meter plat ...

UM junior Gina Panarese was surprised on campus Thursday by the Ellen DeGeneres show and asked to pa ...

A conversation with Belén Garijo and Felicia Marie Knaul. ...

Nova Southeastern University’s Jacqueline A. Travisano will be UM’s Executive Vice President for Bus ...

Highlights from the 2016-17 Miami men's basketball season ...

Miami fell to No. 34 University of Louisville, 4-1, Sunday at the Bass-Rudd Tennis Center. ...

Facing its 10th top-30 opponent in 13 matches this season, the No. 37 Miami women's tennis team ...

Junior lefthander Michael Mediavilla was his vintage self, Miami's offense came through again, ...

Miami redshirt freshman David Dinsmore won the NCAA national championship in the men's 10-meter ...