News briefs – 10/18

Spanish Hour

A Spanish conversation hour will take place at noon Friday outside of Starbucks. All students who have taken Spanish classes above the 300-level are welcome to participate.

The discussion will be facilitated by Marelys Valencia, a graduate teaching assistant. To attend, RSVP at m.valencia5@umiami.edu.

Senior Portraits

The last day for seniors graduating in December 2012 or May 2013 to take pictures is Oct. 26.

To make an appointment, visit ibisyearbook.com. Underclassmen who wish to have their picture taken should visit the portrait site in the UC Lower Lounge.

Multicultural

The first international multicultural night will be held from 6 to 8 p.m. on Friday in the Flamingo Ballrooms.

The event is being hosted by the Directed Independent Language Studies (DILS) program. For more information, email dils@miami.edu.

Calendar

Monday: Registration appointments available on myUM

Oct. 25 – Last day to drop a course

Oct. 26 – Fall recess

Nov. 5 – Online registration for spring 2013 begins

Nov. 6 – Magna/summa theses due in Honors Program Office

Nov. 16 – Last day for graduate students to defend dissertation/thesis for fall 2012 graduation

Nov. 22-25 – Thanksgiving recess

Nov. 30 – Classes end

Alysha Khan may be contacted at akhan@themiamihurricane.com.

Alysha Khan

Online Editor

Darrell Langham, the redshirt junior receiver who caused an uproar among Miami Hurricanes fans the p ...

This news release just in from the University of Miami, another impressive class about to be inducte ...

The University of Miami men’s basketball team got a welcome dose of good news on Monday night. Verno ...

After a disheartening week of practice injury-wise following the University of Miami’s victory at Fl ...

University of Miami’s highly-touted freshman Lonnie Walker, who had surgery for a torn right meniscu ...

Darrell Langham has been a hero twice this season, but his path to prominence has been a long one. ...

The University of Miami Sports Hall of Fame has announced the Class of 2018 inductees for the 50th A ...

Senior diver Wally Layland was recognized for her standout performance at the SMU Classic with ACC C ...

University of Miami freshman Lonnie Walker IV was among 20 players named to the watch list for the 2 ...

The Miami Hurricanes will begin preparation for the 2018 season when fall practice commences Wed., O ...