News briefs – 10/18

Spanish Hour

A Spanish conversation hour will take place at noon Friday outside of Starbucks. All students who have taken Spanish classes above the 300-level are welcome to participate.

The discussion will be facilitated by Marelys Valencia, a graduate teaching assistant. To attend, RSVP at m.valencia5@umiami.edu.

Senior Portraits

The last day for seniors graduating in December 2012 or May 2013 to take pictures is Oct. 26.

To make an appointment, visit ibisyearbook.com. Underclassmen who wish to have their picture taken should visit the portrait site in the UC Lower Lounge.

Multicultural

The first international multicultural night will be held from 6 to 8 p.m. on Friday in the Flamingo Ballrooms.

The event is being hosted by the Directed Independent Language Studies (DILS) program. For more information, email dils@miami.edu.

Calendar

Monday: Registration appointments available on myUM

Oct. 25 – Last day to drop a course

Oct. 26 – Fall recess

Nov. 5 – Online registration for spring 2013 begins

Nov. 6 – Magna/summa theses due in Honors Program Office

Nov. 16 – Last day for graduate students to defend dissertation/thesis for fall 2012 graduation

Nov. 22-25 – Thanksgiving recess

Nov. 30 – Classes end

Alysha Khan may be contacted at akhan@themiamihurricane.com.

Alysha Khan

Online Editor

Former pro wrestler and promoter The Tennessee Stud Ron Fuller was interviewed by Ryan K. Boman of T ...

The University of Miami has its future quarterback. Jarren Williams, a consensus four-star, dual-thr ...

Through its new Leadership UMiami program, the Butler Center for Service and Leadership is empowerin ...

A Biomedical Engineering Major and campus leader, Sterile Achille involved herself in many activitie ...

University of Miami head volleyball coach Jose "Keno" Gandara is excited to announce a fou ...

University of Miami women's volleyball player Brooke McDermott is an active member in the Hurri ...