News briefs – 10/18

Spanish Hour

A Spanish conversation hour will take place at noon Friday outside of Starbucks. All students who have taken Spanish classes above the 300-level are welcome to participate.

The discussion will be facilitated by Marelys Valencia, a graduate teaching assistant. To attend, RSVP at m.valencia5@umiami.edu.

Senior Portraits

The last day for seniors graduating in December 2012 or May 2013 to take pictures is Oct. 26.

To make an appointment, visit ibisyearbook.com. Underclassmen who wish to have their picture taken should visit the portrait site in the UC Lower Lounge.

Multicultural

The first international multicultural night will be held from 6 to 8 p.m. on Friday in the Flamingo Ballrooms.

The event is being hosted by the Directed Independent Language Studies (DILS) program. For more information, email dils@miami.edu.

Calendar

Monday: Registration appointments available on myUM

Oct. 25 – Last day to drop a course

Oct. 26 – Fall recess

Nov. 5 – Online registration for spring 2013 begins

Nov. 6 – Magna/summa theses due in Honors Program Office

Nov. 16 – Last day for graduate students to defend dissertation/thesis for fall 2012 graduation

Nov. 22-25 – Thanksgiving recess

Nov. 30 – Classes end

Alysha Khan may be contacted at akhan@themiamihurricane.com.

Alysha Khan

Online Editor

There were indications, even before Lonnie Walker IV was selected No. 18 by the San Antonio Spurs in ...

Add another player to the Miami Hurricanes' 2019 recruiting class. Defensive end Jahfari Harvey ...

From the onset, the Miami Hurricanes' plan was for the Carol Soffer football indoor practice fa ...

Gino DiMare on Tuesday stood in a spot that two men before him had crafted into a pinnacle of succes ...

The NBA Draft is on Thursday, and the buzz around the league is that the University of Miami’s Lonni ...

Colder Atlantic temperatures could change hurricane season forecasts, but the trend isn't expec ...

UM neurorehabilitation expert David S. Kushner, M.D., who helps modern patients recover from brain s ...

Walker picked 18th overall by San Antonio Spurs, Brown 42nd by Detroit Pistons. ...

The University of Miami women's golf team had three individuals selected to the 2018 Atlantic C ...

NBA Draft will be held Thursday evening in Brooklyn. ...

Haley Templeton is set to travel to Detroit, Mich., on Friday to train and compete with the U.S. Wom ...

First-year Miami head soccer coach Sarah Barnes released Wednesday the team's schedule for the ...