News briefs – 10/18

Spanish Hour

A Spanish conversation hour will take place at noon Friday outside of Starbucks. All students who have taken Spanish classes above the 300-level are welcome to participate.

The discussion will be facilitated by Marelys Valencia, a graduate teaching assistant. To attend, RSVP at m.valencia5@umiami.edu.

Senior Portraits

The last day for seniors graduating in December 2012 or May 2013 to take pictures is Oct. 26.

To make an appointment, visit ibisyearbook.com. Underclassmen who wish to have their picture taken should visit the portrait site in the UC Lower Lounge.

Multicultural

The first international multicultural night will be held from 6 to 8 p.m. on Friday in the Flamingo Ballrooms.

The event is being hosted by the Directed Independent Language Studies (DILS) program. For more information, email dils@miami.edu.

Calendar

Monday: Registration appointments available on myUM

Oct. 25 – Last day to drop a course

Oct. 26 – Fall recess

Nov. 5 – Online registration for spring 2013 begins

Nov. 6 – Magna/summa theses due in Honors Program Office

Nov. 16 – Last day for graduate students to defend dissertation/thesis for fall 2012 graduation

Nov. 22-25 – Thanksgiving recess

Nov. 30 – Classes end

Alysha Khan may be contacted at akhan@themiamihurricane.com.

Alysha Khan

Online Editor

View photos from the Syracuse at Miam ibasketball game on Saturday, Feb. 17, 2018, in Coral Gables. ...

University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larrañaga took the opportunity after Saturday’s 62-55 loss ...

A bunch of Miami Hurricane youngsters — and one former Gator-turned-Cane — made the University of Mi ...

Arkansas State University followed through with its threat. ASU on Friday afternoon filed a lawsuit ...

A UM appeals committee has modified the athletic department’s rules restricting departing quarterbac ...

Members of the University of Miami first response teams remind us of resources available and what to ...

Mexican activist, poet and novelist Javier Sicilia deplored the violence stemming from the “drug war ...

From the North Pole to the South Pole and everywhere in between, the art of UM alumnus Xavier Cortad ...

A panel of University of Miami faculty talked about the impacts of climate change during a meeting o ...

The No. 25 University of Miami women's golf team heads to New Orleans this Sunday to compete in ...

It was the 25th and final University of Miami Opening Day for an emotional Jim Morris but the first ...

The University of Miami women's golf team moved to No. 25 in the latest Golfweek.com rankings t ...

The No. 17 Miami women's tennis team dropped a 4-2 decision at No. 12 Oklahoma State Saturday. ...

The Hurricanes fell to the Orange, 62-55, at the Watsco Center. ...