Actress Victoria Justice talks ‘Fun Size,’ working with Chelsea Handler

Nickelodeon star Victoria Justice will celebrate Halloween early this year with the release of her new movie, “Fun Size,” on Oct. 26.

Justice, who is well-known for her role in the kid’s TV show “Victorious,” stepped away from the innocent Nickelodeon stereotype for this role. Although “Fun Size” isn’t rated R, Chelsea Handler and Johnny Knoxville’s appearances in the movie speak for themselves.

“Even though I started off on Nickelodeon, I think this movie is a perfect transition for me because it is slightly edgier and more mature,” she said during a college conference call promoting the movie.

In the comedy, Justice plays Wren, a high school teenager who is invited to a Halloween party by heartthrob Aaron Riley, played by Thomas McDonell. The only problem is that her mom, played by Chelsea Handler, expects her to take her little brother trick-or-treating. Wren has other plans, which of course go completely wrong.

Justice enjoyed having Handler play her mother in the film.

“I think people were expecting me to say like, ‘Oh, yeah, Chelsea’s crazy and it was like a party and there was lots of blah,’” she said. “But when we were working together, we were both like very focused and very professional … she’s definitely funny and cool and she would improv a few lines here and there that were totally just hilarious and out there.”

With “Victorious” coming to an end after four seasons, Justice will now have to find another project to consume her time.

“When you’re on a TV show, you’re definitely like locked into a schedule,” she said. “And it’s hard to really … have a lot of time to do other things because so much of my time was filming the show and there was also music on the show [that I was responsible for].”

But it seems the teen star might be taking a break from the small screen.

“I see myself doing both [movies and TV shows],” she said. “I don’t think I could choose one, but I mean, I think I want to take a little break from TV and pursue my film career more.”

About Author

Nicky Diaz Copy Chief

Myron Rolle is ready to take his game from the football field to the operating table. Those precious ...

University of Miami middle linebacker Shaquille Quarterman’s ultimate goal has always been the same: ...

Just one glance at Brad Kaaya throwing passes Tuesday after the University of Miami’s first spring f ...

Yes, the Hurricanes’ uncertainty at quarterback has created some uneasiness, as Mark Richt told me r ...

Senior guards Adrienne Motley and Jessica Thomas sat slumped over on the Watsco Center floor late Mo ...

A conversation with Belén Garijo and Felicia Marie Knaul. ...

Nova Southeastern University’s Jacqueline A. Travisano will be UM’s Executive Vice President for Bus ...

U.S. Trust will provide advisory services for UM’s long-term growth portfolio. ...

Sir James Galway, Distinguished Presidential Scholar, inspires flute students with his artistry and ...

Activist and community organizer Alicia Garza stresses the need for a richness of ideas to help solv ...

Miami travels to Louisville, Ky., Sunday at noon to face No. 34 Louisville at the Bass-Rudd Tennis C ...

Briadam Herrera continued his sparkling postseason run Friday at the IU Natatorium, finishing as the ...

The Hurricanes will welcome a talented field of teams to Cobb Stadium for the second of three home m ...

The No. 37 Miami women's tennis team fell to Boston College, 6-1, Friday afternoon at the Flynn ...

The Miami Hurricanes dropped their series opener to No. 8 North Carolina Friday afternoon at Boshame ...