Actress Victoria Justice talks ‘Fun Size,’ working with Chelsea Handler

Nickelodeon star Victoria Justice will celebrate Halloween early this year with the release of her new movie, “Fun Size,” on Oct. 26.

Justice, who is well-known for her role in the kid’s TV show “Victorious,” stepped away from the innocent Nickelodeon stereotype for this role. Although “Fun Size” isn’t rated R, Chelsea Handler and Johnny Knoxville’s appearances in the movie speak for themselves.

“Even though I started off on Nickelodeon, I think this movie is a perfect transition for me because it is slightly edgier and more mature,” she said during a college conference call promoting the movie.

In the comedy, Justice plays Wren, a high school teenager who is invited to a Halloween party by heartthrob Aaron Riley, played by Thomas McDonell. The only problem is that her mom, played by Chelsea Handler, expects her to take her little brother trick-or-treating. Wren has other plans, which of course go completely wrong.

Justice enjoyed having Handler play her mother in the film.

“I think people were expecting me to say like, ‘Oh, yeah, Chelsea’s crazy and it was like a party and there was lots of blah,’” she said. “But when we were working together, we were both like very focused and very professional … she’s definitely funny and cool and she would improv a few lines here and there that were totally just hilarious and out there.”

With “Victorious” coming to an end after four seasons, Justice will now have to find another project to consume her time.

“When you’re on a TV show, you’re definitely like locked into a schedule,” she said. “And it’s hard to really … have a lot of time to do other things because so much of my time was filming the show and there was also music on the show [that I was responsible for].”

But it seems the teen star might be taking a break from the small screen.

“I see myself doing both [movies and TV shows],” she said. “I don’t think I could choose one, but I mean, I think I want to take a little break from TV and pursue my film career more.”

Nicky Diaz

Copy Chief

Most NBA mock drafts had Miami Hurricanes guard Davon Reed going late in the second round of Thursda ...

University of Miami shooting guard Davon Reed will gather with friends and family in Ewing, New Jers ...

University of Miami great and Pro Football Hall of Famer Warren Sapp announced on Tuesday that he pl ...

The University of Miami continues to make a hard push for five-star point guard Immanuel Quickley of ...

The University of Miami’s 2018 football recruiting class, already ranked the best in the country by ...

UM female scientists share some insight on women in science, science in Hollywood and how Wonder Wom ...

Read the latest entries from UM students who are spending part or all of their summer visiting diffe ...

UM Student Affairs Advocacy Coordinator Heather Stevens has been awarded the William Leftwich Award ...

President Julio Frenk makes the case for collaboration at eMerge Americas. ...

UM College of Engineering Dean Jean-Pierre Bardet and alumnus Rony Abovitz share the stage in a disc ...

The Atlantic Coast and Big Ten Conferences announced Monday, the University of Miami men's bask ...

Three members of the University of Miami men's tennis players have been selected as All-ACC Aca ...

The University of Miami women's golf team had four individuals selected to the 2017 Atlantic Co ...

A freshman from Stratham, N.H., Rebecca Ripley of the Miami women's basketball team sat down wi ...

University of Miami standout Shakima Wimbley is headed to the 2017 IAAF World Championships in Londo ...