Ultra Music Festival 2013 will last two weekends, six days

File Photo. A woman dresses from head to toe, detailing her eyes specifically for the 2012 Ultra festival.

The Ultra Music Festival 2013 will be expanding to two weekends. An announcement made by Ultra Music Festival Monday at noon confirmed that the event will be longer in celebration of the electronic music festival’s 15th anniversary.

Ultra released the news on its Facebook page through a video: “Ultra Music Festival will be the first electronic music festival to take place over two big weekends!”

Some excited University of Miami students commented on The Miami Hurricane’s Facebook update.

“Yesss … I went in 2010 and 2011 … 2011 was the best for me since it was the first time they did it as a three-day event and sold out for the first time so quickly… I am hoping they give us the option to choose which weekend we can go to.. so keeping fingers crossed,” UM student Monica Lanuza said.

Others, however, are not so sure that expansion is a good idea.

“It seems the cost of having it for an additional weekend won’t bring in additional revenue for the festival holders,” UM student Grace Helena said. “The only way I can see it working is if they do some major deal on their ticket prices so people who usually think the tickets are too expensive will actually go. Otherwise it seems like the effort isn’t worth it, and it’ll only attract the same demographic that would go to Ultra in the first place, therefore they’ll make less money and it might be a bust overall. Besides, why overdo too much of a good thing? It may lose its novelty that way.”

According to Ultra Festival spokesperson Luke Eastman, tickets will go on sale on Wednesday, but the time has not yet been determined. Also, one ticket will be valid per weekend. To be able to attend the festival during both weekends, you will need to purchase two tickets.

“The best thing to do is stay tuned to the Ultra Facebook and Twitter,” Eastman said.

Dates for the festival were released Tuesday. The festival was expected to run from March 22 to March 24. Now, the festival will last six days – from March 15 to 17, and from March 22 to 24. It will take place at Bayfront Park, at 301 Biscayne Blvd., Miami. Tickets went on sale Tuesday and Wednesday. Visit ultramusicfestival.com for more information. To purchase tickets, visit ultramusicfestival.com/tickets. Visit Facebook.com/ultrafanpage or follow @ultramusic on Twitter for updates.

If you go:

What: Ultra Music Festival 2013

When: March 15-17 and March 22-24

Where: Bayfront Park, 301 Biscayne Blvd.

Cost: $574.95 for general admission (GA), with the addition of service charges, state taxes and fees. Combination packages are also offered for both weekends at higher prices.

This story will be updated as more information is obtained.

Stephanie Parra

Editor-in-chief

It was midweek when Miami leading receiver Braxton Berrios wistfully spoke of his four years as a Hu ...

Eli Rosier will be back where he belongs Saturday, where he feels most at home. He will be at a foot ...

The 11th-ranked University of Miami men’s basketball team remained undefeated with a 90-59 victory o ...

They remain undefeated — but still untested. The 11th-ranked University of Miami men’s basketball te ...

It has inspired T-shirts and a Migos-style hype song. Soon, fans will have a beer brewed in honor of ...

The Finker-Frenkel Legacy Foundation gift will establish the Business Plan Competition Endowed Fund. ...

C. David Naylor, a UM Presidential Scholar and public health policy expert, provided insight into he ...

A cohort of five religious leaders from Miami, including a rabbi and imam from the University of Mia ...

Hollywood actress and star of the hit BET series Being Mary Jane gets real about gender, race and co ...

The annual development agreement meeting is a time for the city and University to share information ...

Miami survived an early scare to beat Virginia, 44-28, and achieve its first 10-win season since 200 ...

The University of Miami volleyball team produced some late-match magic Friday night to outlast an in ...

Miami dropped a 67-61 decision to Colorado on Saturday afternoon in its first road game of the seaso ...

Here are three matchups to watch in Saturday's Senior Day game between the No. 3 Canes and Virg ...

Miami's seniors will play their final home game at Hard Rock Stadium when the Canes face Virgin ...