Ultra Music Festival 2013 will last two weekends, six days

File Photo. A woman dresses from head to toe, detailing her eyes specifically for the 2012 Ultra festival.

The Ultra Music Festival 2013 will be expanding to two weekends. An announcement made by Ultra Music Festival Monday at noon confirmed that the event will be longer in celebration of the electronic music festival’s 15th anniversary.

Ultra released the news on its Facebook page through a video: “Ultra Music Festival will be the first electronic music festival to take place over two big weekends!”

Some excited University of Miami students commented on The Miami Hurricane’s Facebook update.

“Yesss … I went in 2010 and 2011 … 2011 was the best for me since it was the first time they did it as a three-day event and sold out for the first time so quickly… I am hoping they give us the option to choose which weekend we can go to.. so keeping fingers crossed,” UM student Monica Lanuza said.

Others, however, are not so sure that expansion is a good idea.

“It seems the cost of having it for an additional weekend won’t bring in additional revenue for the festival holders,” UM student Grace Helena said. “The only way I can see it working is if they do some major deal on their ticket prices so people who usually think the tickets are too expensive will actually go. Otherwise it seems like the effort isn’t worth it, and it’ll only attract the same demographic that would go to Ultra in the first place, therefore they’ll make less money and it might be a bust overall. Besides, why overdo too much of a good thing? It may lose its novelty that way.”

According to Ultra Festival spokesperson Luke Eastman, tickets will go on sale on Wednesday, but the time has not yet been determined. Also, one ticket will be valid per weekend. To be able to attend the festival during both weekends, you will need to purchase two tickets.

“The best thing to do is stay tuned to the Ultra Facebook and Twitter,” Eastman said.

Dates for the festival were released Tuesday. The festival was expected to run from March 22 to March 24. Now, the festival will last six days – from March 15 to 17, and from March 22 to 24. It will take place at Bayfront Park, at 301 Biscayne Blvd., Miami. Tickets went on sale Tuesday and Wednesday. Visit ultramusicfestival.com for more information. To purchase tickets, visit ultramusicfestival.com/tickets. Visit Facebook.com/ultrafanpage or follow @ultramusic on Twitter for updates.

If you go:

What: Ultra Music Festival 2013

When: March 15-17 and March 22-24

Where: Bayfront Park, 301 Biscayne Blvd.

Cost: $574.95 for general admission (GA), with the addition of service charges, state taxes and fees. Combination packages are also offered for both weekends at higher prices.

This story will be updated as more information is obtained.

Stephanie Parra

Editor-in-chief

Dewan Huell will be wearing green and orange for at least another year. Huell announced Saturday on ...

Their bats and gloves and baseball skills weren't enough Thursday night. Now, the Miami Hurrica ...

Florida State's recruiting trail hit Georgia last week, and while the #Tribe19 class is a focal ...

It's almost summer, time for college football players to wind down and chill out — every now an ...

Alumna and faculty member shares lessons and learning about racial identity in free parent community ...

Voters head to the polls in a historic election to choose the country’s next president. ...

From boathouse to marine research powerhouse, the Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Scienc ...

Stormy weather in the Gulf of Mexico may have delayed Friday's competition, but wind and rain c ...

Last season, Miami Hurricanes fans created, quite simply, one of the best home-field advantages in c ...

University of Miami senior Christian Langmo and freshman Adria Soriano were edged by Florida's ...

After rallying to force a split, Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miamis women's tennis team was u ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team will wrap up the memorable 2018 season as No. 42 in t ...