Sports, Uncategorized

Sports briefs 10-15

Volleyball

The Canes volleyball team extended its winning streak to six with a 3-2 win over Boston College in Massachusetts. Junior Alex Johnson set the tone with 16 kills and 17 digs, and senior setter Nrithya Sundararaman came up with 47 assists and 10 digs to lead the Canes to the victory. The win keeps the Canes, who are ranked No. 15 in the nation, tied atop the ACC with Florida State. The team will stay on the road next weekend as they take on Clemson next Friday night, and Georgia Tech on Sunday.

Swimming & Diving

The Hurricanes swimming and diving team bounced back from a tough road loss with a win over the Houston Cougars at the UC pool on Saturday afternoon. The Canes got off to a quick start in the 200 Medley Relay and never trailed at any point during the meet. The team returns to the pool on Friday, to take on Florida State.

Soccer

Miami’s women’s soccer team fought its way into a tie with the No.19-ranked Virginia Tech Hokies on Sunday afternoon. The game ended in a scoreless draw after both teams were unable to score through two overtime periods.

Miami is now 7-6-2 overall on the season, including 2-4-1 in the ACC. The team honored former Hurricane goalie Austen Everett during the game, who passed away in August after a battle with non-Hodgkins lymphoma. The team returns to the pitch on Thursday, as they face off against No. 8 University of Maryland.

Golf

The Hurricanes golf team placed 12th overall in the Mercedes-Benz Collegiate Championship to end the fall portion of its season on Sunday afternoon. The team will return to the golf course beginning in February, as they get ready for the Hurricane Invitational at the Deering Bay Yacht & Country Club to open the spring season.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

Ernesto Suarez

Sports Editor

Dewan Huell will be wearing green and orange for at least another year. Huell announced Saturday on ...

Their bats and gloves and baseball skills weren't enough Thursday night. Now, the Miami Hurrica ...

Florida State's recruiting trail hit Georgia last week, and while the #Tribe19 class is a focal ...

It's almost summer, time for college football players to wind down and chill out — every now an ...

Alumna and faculty member shares lessons and learning about racial identity in free parent community ...

Voters head to the polls in a historic election to choose the country’s next president. ...

From boathouse to marine research powerhouse, the Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Scienc ...

The Canes wrapped up a stormy weekend at the NCAA East Preliminary with their final two qualifiers f ...

Miami native pulls name out of NBA Draft process. ...

Stormy weather in the Gulf of Mexico may have delayed Friday's competition, but wind and rain c ...

Last season, Miami Hurricanes fans created, quite simply, one of the best home-field advantages in c ...

University of Miami senior Christian Langmo and freshman Adria Soriano were edged by Florida's ...