News Briefs – 10/14

Course offerings

The course offerings for spring 2013 will be available to students beginning on Monday. Students can search for classes online using myUM. Registration appointments will be available on myUM Oct. 22. Registration will begin on Nov. 5.

Also, the last day to drop a class this semester is Oct. 25.

Dream career

Representatives from Dream Careers will be hosting information sessions as well as meeting with students for individual appointments on Monday. Dream Careers is an all-inclusive program that offers guaranteed internships in PR, advertising, film, television, marketing, radio, fashion and other fields in major cities around the world, including: New York, London, Los Angeles and Barcelona. The first information session is held at 11 a.m. in UC 241, and the second is at 1 p.m. in CIB 5063.

Open mic night

The USpeak Open Verse and Short Story Performance Series is hosting a reading by MFA and undergraduate alumni of the Creative Writing Program at 8 p.m. on Thursday at the Oasis Deli in the UC. The event will be emceed by Zach Hickman, managing editor of the Mangrove Literary Journal. USpeak will also spotlight audience members who share a page of their writing during USpeak’s Open Mic segments. Sign up begins when doors open at 7:30 p.m. The event is free and open to the public. For more information, visit miami.edu/uspeak.

Lyssa Goldberg may be contacted at lgoldberg@themiamihurricane.com.

Lyssa Goldberg

Lyssa Goldberg is online editor of The Miami Hurricane. She is a senior majoring in journalism and political science with a minor in math. She has interned at Mashable and the Miami New Times, and her work has also been featured in The Huffington Post.

View photos as Miami Hurricanes Coach Jim Morris ends 41-year career on Saturday, May 19, 2018, at M ...

The sullen, charcoal sky opened with a vengeance Saturday afternoon at Mark Light Field in Coral Gab ...

Hurricanes football aficionados: How does another College GameDay at the University of Miami campus ...

Get out your calendars once again, UM football fans. The Atlantic Coast Conference has announced the ...

Lonnie Walker IV, so eager to begin his professional basketball career that he left the University o ...

Over his more than two decades at the U, the dean of students from 1976-1989 always put students fir ...

The final Sea Secrets lecture at the Rosenstiel School examines the biofluorescence of marine organi ...

Maintenance mechanic Milton Davis has kept UM housing humming for decades. ...

No. 7 seed Miami opens its run at the 2018 ACC Baseball Championship Tuesday, May 22 against No. 11 ...

After 25 years, head coach Jim Morris had just one request for the pregame festivities for his final ...

In honor of Jim Morris' final regular season game as head coach at Miami on Saturday, May 19, t ...

Sophomore righthander Evan McKendry struck out 11 to help lead the Hurricanes to their 10thstraight ...

Check out over 60 of the top pictures from the Miami women's tennis team's matchup with to ...