V's Take

Dear V: Sexless but satisfied…

My friends always talk about which hot guys they’ve hooked up with recently, but it all seems so uninteresting. The idea of sex in general, I mean. Is there something wrong with me to think that when it seems so popular among other people? 

Sincerely, 

No Sex, Thanks

Dear Don’t Want the Dirty,

Sex is popular because it’s good, but that doesn’t mean something’s wrong with you.  Sexuality is a fluid concept, and it sounds like you might just be more on the asexual end of the spectrum. Absolutely nothing wrong with that!  And that’s coming from me, promoter of the horizontal mambo.

But just because something doesn’t interest you doesn’t mean you’re broken or anything.  Just put it in perspective.  A lot of people like hamburgers.  But if you don’t like hamburgers, whatever.

It’s who you are and trying to change that to fit in with all your friends is only going to make you unhappy.

You wouldn’t eat that hamburger if you hated it, right?  Just like you shouldn’t try to seem interested in sex if you’re honestly not.

Do you feel left out of conversation when your friends talk about it, though?  Because in that case, maybe just mention something to them.

As your friends, they shouldn’t judge, and then you guys can talk about things that you’re all interested in and enjoy, like the Jersey Shore.  Everyone loves Snooki, right?

I’m totally kidding, by the way.

You just need to get comfortable enough to say “I’m just not that interested in sex. Is it cool if we talk about something else?” and no one can tell you that something’s wrong with you.  Because they’re not you and they don’t know how you feel.  You can even snap your fingers in a z-formation while you say it, if that’ll empower you more.

So you do you, and don’t worry about “doing” anyone else.

View photos as Miami Hurricanes Coach Jim Morris ends 41-year career on Saturday, May 19, 2018, at M ...

The sullen, charcoal sky opened with a vengeance Saturday afternoon at Mark Light Field in Coral Gab ...

Hurricanes football aficionados: How does another College GameDay at the University of Miami campus ...

Get out your calendars once again, UM football fans. The Atlantic Coast Conference has announced the ...

Lonnie Walker IV, so eager to begin his professional basketball career that he left the University o ...

Over his more than two decades at the U, the dean of students from 1976-1989 always put students fir ...

The final Sea Secrets lecture at the Rosenstiel School examines the biofluorescence of marine organi ...

Maintenance mechanic Milton Davis has kept UM housing humming for decades. ...

After 25 years, head coach Jim Morris had just one request for the pregame festivities for his final ...

In honor of Jim Morris' final regular season game as head coach at Miami on Saturday, May 19, t ...

Sophomore righthander Evan McKendry struck out 11 to help lead the Hurricanes to their 10thstraight ...

Check out over 60 of the top pictures from the Miami women's tennis team's matchup with to ...

Due to inclement weather expected in the area, the Miami baseball program announced game time for Fr ...