Parents nurture children’s success

Family Weekend brought parents together to visit their children and take part in activities planned for their enjoyment.

Family is one aspect of our lives that we are fortunate to have. The first 18 years of our upbringing was a time for our parents to directly mold values of propriety and rectitude into our backbone that will serve us for the rest of our lives. When I look at myself in the mirror, I am reminded of everything my parents have put themselves through to allow me to reach this point in my life.

I am grateful for your jubilance and attention when we took those childhood walks in the park. I am grateful for your perseverance and patience through those middle school years where only loving parents could provide endless care. I am grateful for your support and agreement as I took on the college application process.

Parents are our first teachers, first role models and first friends.

My parents continue to teach me personal values that lead my life, set the right examples everyday, and give me the support and care whenever I need it. If you missed the chance during Family Weekend to tell your parents thank you, call home and say it.

Mom and Dad, thank you.

Raymond La is a sophomore majoring in microbiology. 

Raymond La

University of Miami men’s basketball coach Jim Larrañaga, his face showing the strain of an ongoing ...

The No. 8 Hurricanes,  20 1/2-point favorites over next opponent North Carolina, are still one of on ...

Kudos to the two newest Atlantic Coast Conference Players of the Week: tight end Christopher Herndon ...

A University of Miami Ph.D. student in the Department of History sheds light on the dark history of ...

The Hurricanes may be young, but they have the talent and poise to make a deep run in March. ...

Miami tight end Christopher Herndon and linebacker Michael Pinckney were among those recognized with ...