Parents nurture children’s success

Family Weekend brought parents together to visit their children and take part in activities planned for their enjoyment.

Family is one aspect of our lives that we are fortunate to have. The first 18 years of our upbringing was a time for our parents to directly mold values of propriety and rectitude into our backbone that will serve us for the rest of our lives. When I look at myself in the mirror, I am reminded of everything my parents have put themselves through to allow me to reach this point in my life.

I am grateful for your jubilance and attention when we took those childhood walks in the park. I am grateful for your perseverance and patience through those middle school years where only loving parents could provide endless care. I am grateful for your support and agreement as I took on the college application process.

Parents are our first teachers, first role models and first friends.

My parents continue to teach me personal values that lead my life, set the right examples everyday, and give me the support and care whenever I need it. If you missed the chance during Family Weekend to tell your parents thank you, call home and say it.

Mom and Dad, thank you.

Raymond La is a sophomore majoring in microbiology. 

Raymond La

Former NFL and University of Miami star Kellen Winslow Jr. was arrested Thursday for numerous allege ...

Trevor Darling's perseverance paid off. After not being selected in the NFL Draft, the former U ...

Father's Day has never been a big holiday in the Larranaga household because basketball always ...

The start to former Miami Hurricanes defensive end Chad Thomas' NFL career is going through a m ...

At one section of Miami's Richmond Park, Hurricanes offensive line coach Stacy Searels taught a ...

Colder Atlantic temperatures could change hurricane season forecasts, but the trend isn't expec ...

UM neurorehabilitation expert David S. Kushner, M.D., who helps modern patients recover from brain s ...

UM News interviewed a Miami Business School professor to learn more about claims that the changes co ...

An outstanding showing at the USATF Championships earned Symone Mason a trip to the World U20 Champi ...

The University of Miami track and field program got off to a strong start at the 2018 USATF Junior O ...

Amy Deem was recognized for the third time as the ACC Women's Outdoor Track and Field Coach of ...

Symone Mason, Tiara McMinn and Hasani Knight will be in the field of competitors at the 2018 USATF J ...

During the 2017-18 school year, Miami had student-athletes from 17 of the 32 countries in the FIFA W ...