Parents nurture children’s success

Family Weekend brought parents together to visit their children and take part in activities planned for their enjoyment.

Family is one aspect of our lives that we are fortunate to have. The first 18 years of our upbringing was a time for our parents to directly mold values of propriety and rectitude into our backbone that will serve us for the rest of our lives. When I look at myself in the mirror, I am reminded of everything my parents have put themselves through to allow me to reach this point in my life.

I am grateful for your jubilance and attention when we took those childhood walks in the park. I am grateful for your perseverance and patience through those middle school years where only loving parents could provide endless care. I am grateful for your support and agreement as I took on the college application process.

Parents are our first teachers, first role models and first friends.

My parents continue to teach me personal values that lead my life, set the right examples everyday, and give me the support and care whenever I need it. If you missed the chance during Family Weekend to tell your parents thank you, call home and say it.

Mom and Dad, thank you.

Raymond La is a sophomore majoring in microbiology. 

Raymond La

One day after the University of Miami announced that starting cornerback Malek Young would undergo “ ...

It’s one thing for a player who’s projected to go in the first two rounds of the NFL Draft to turn p ...

Miami coach Jim Larranaga and his staff spent recent practices pushing his players to whip the ball ...

The University of Miami confirmed in a written release Sunday that starting cornerback Malek Young s ...

Thirty high school English teachers from Brazil are spending six weeks at UM in a new skill-building ...

The No. 25/23 Miami men's basketball team shot a sizzling 57.6 percent from the field in pullin ...

The University of Miami women's basketball team picked up its third straight win in eight days ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (1-2) closed out its opening weekend with a 5-2 loss ...

With the help of dominating victories and dramatic comebacks, the No. 19 Miami women's tennis t ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (1-1) returns to action on Sunday, as it travels to N ...