Embrace your inner culture snob around Miami

Miami is more than just beaches and Botox; the Magic City is full of culture, from the lively art scene in the Design District to its underground music venues.

Some nights we just want to break free from our regular routine and go somewhere else besides the Grove. We want something different, like a trendy lounge or art galleries to soak in all this culture we have around us. The Miami Hurricane has you covered. Here are four places that will let you unleash your inner cultural snob.

Bardot

Hit up this trendy and hip bar in the Design District. If you’re tired of the EDM scene in South Beach, Bardot will definitely be a treat for you. The striking artwork on the walls catches your eye and the venue brings in great bands, like Moby and Peter Bjorn and John.

Plus, the living room setting is sure to make you feel relaxed while you’re enjoying a drink or having a smoke. If you’re looking for a laidback night, make sure you stop by Bardot.

Bardot is located at 3456 N. Miami Ave., Miami.

Miami Art Museum

Located in Downtown Miami, the Miami Art Museum is filled with modern and contemporary art. The two-floor museum will let you unleash your inner hipster. It holds works by many well-known artists, including Marcel Duchamp and Frank Stella. And it doesn’t hurt that the museum offers discounts; show your Cane Card and you’ll get in for free, and every second Saturday of the month is free as well.

Miami Art Museum is located at 101 W. Flagler St., Miami.

Wynwood Walls

If you would rather spend your Saturday gallery hopping rather than bar hopping, you should think about dropping by Wynwood Walls. Every second Saturday night of the month, you can hit up Art Walk, when all galleries are open to the public. Enjoy a glass of champagne or wine while satisfying your sophisticated cultural cravings. You’ll have to check out this showcase at least once while you’re living in Miami.

Wynwood Walls is located at NW Second Avenue, between Joey’s Italian Cafe on 25th Street and the Wynwood Kitchen & Bar on 26th Street.

Van Dyke Cafe

Van Dyke Cafe is a classic place to visit on Lincoln Road and has been since it opened almost 20 years ago. The indoor-outdoor cafe has a laidback and old school European-cafe vibe. If you’re looking for a romantic spot to take your date, this is the place.

There are nightly performances after 9 p.m.; make sure to get seated in the upstairs lounge in order to enjoy your food and drinks while watching the band play. The cafe’s ambiance is what makes the place, but it’s known for its jazz nights.

Van Dyke Cafe is located at 846 Lincoln Road, Miami Beach.

Frank Malvar

USA Diving announced the recipients of its annual awards at a ceremony in conjunction with the 2017 ...