Chick-fil-A survey

Check out the results in Monday issue.

Would you want a Chick-fil-A location on campus?

• Yes (50%, 39 Votes)
  • No (38%, 30 Votes)
  • I don't care (14%, 11 Votes)

Total Voters: 78

Polls Archive

Loading ... Loading ...

When attending a UM event, would you care if the organization catered from Chick-fil-A?

• No, it doesn't matter to, and I would still attend the event (46%, 31 Votes)
  • Yes, it matters to me, but I would still attend the event (31%, 21 Votes)
  • Yes, it matters to me, and I wouldn't attend the event (22%, 15 Votes)

Total Voters: 67

Polls Archive

Loading ... Loading ...

Did Chick-fil-A's decision to donate company profits to anti-LGBT organizations affect your decision to eat at their franchises?

• No, and I continue to eat their food (55%, 35 Votes)
  • Yes, and I stopped eating their food (31%, 20 Votes)
  • No, but it would have if I did eat their food (14%, 9 Votes)

Total Voters: 64

Polls Archive

Loading ... Loading ...

Do you believe private companies should be allowed to donate their profits to other organizations?

• Yes (96%, 64 Votes)
  • No (4%, 3 Votes)

Total Voters: 67

Polls Archive

Loading ... Loading ...

Would knowing the values of a corporation or company affect your decision to purchase their product(s)?

• Yes (69%, 45 Votes)
  • No (31%, 20 Votes)

Total Voters: 65

Polls Archive

Loading ... Loading ...

How conscious are you of the track records of the companies you buy from?

• 2 – Somewhat conscious (49%, 33 Votes)
  • 3 – Neutral (22%, 15 Votes)
  • 1 – Not conscious (13%, 9 Votes)
  • 4 – Very conscious (12%, 8 Votes)
  • 5 – Extremely conscious (3%, 2 Votes)

Total Voters: 67

Polls Archive

Loading ... Loading ...

6 COMMENTS ON THIS POST To “Chick-fil-A survey”

1. Bob says:

Chick-fil-a is yummy :-)

2. Michael says:

The fact that the CEO doesn’t support same-sex marriage doesn’t bother me. Their donations to conversion therapy organizations, which cause serious psychological harm to gay teens, however, disgust me.

3. THE REAL JORDAN says:

BTW, I’m a third un-related Jordan who came to say that we have equal right to not have a company sell on campus as they have right to support an issue. The question is , will UM take a stand politically of supporting gay marriage ?

4. Jordan (not the one above) says:

BTW, the Jordan here is different than the Jordan from the other posts. Don’t get us confused.

5. Jordan says:

I don’t eat Chik-fil-A because I think their “chikin” sucks, not because of their political stances

6. Bobby Turvell says:

Chick-fil-A has the right not to support LGBT couples, and should not be put out because of their stance on things. A lot of companies we consume from are satanist and the farthest thing from God but we dont care. One company comes along and shines light on an issue and they get put on blast. Come on people, please, it’s chicken for sake. SMH

After jumping three spots from No. 10 to No. 7 last week in the Amway Coaches Poll (one spot better ...

University of Miami weak-side linebacker Michael Pinckney is definitely old-school Miami Hurricane. ...

The question came straight at Ahmmon Richards, like a tight spiral. And this time, he was locked in. ...

Kolby Bird had a career-high 21 kills, but the Hurricanes dropped a five-set battle to Notre Dame on ...

The Miami soccer team recognized its four seniors Sunday afternoon and then dropped a hard-fought 2- ...