Tickets for Romney’s campus visit available only for UM College Republicans

Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney’s visit to campus Wednesday will only be open to members of the UM College Republicans or other closely affiliated organizations, according to an email sent on behalf of Patricia Whitely, vice president for student affairs. The other organizations have not been specified.

According to the email, which was sent to students who entered the lottery for tickets to the Romney event, the Romney campaign requested that tickets not be distributed to students who do not belong to the aforementioned organizations.

Romney and President Barack Obama will speak at the BankUnited Center Fieldhouse on Sept. 19 and 20, respectively. Their visits are part of Univision broadcasts, and will be aired on the Spanish-language station after each event. Univision, a TV station with studios and operations in Doral, will conduct the event in a question and answer format, with questions asked in Spanish and candidates answering in English. Translations will be provided when necessary.

The small venue was selected based on considerations about the taping of the show, and Univision and each presidential campaign are responsible for distributing the remainder of the tickets.

Allison Goodman

Stephanie Parra

Editor-in-chief

The question came straight at Ahmmon Richards, like a tight spiral. And this time, he didn’t hesitat ...

1. DOLPHINS: Miami seeks revenge vs. hated, Stinkin' Jets: Dolphins host Jets Sunday with Miami ...

Notes and observations on UM’s 27-19 win against Syracuse: • A UM source said Mark Richt seemed more ...

View photos from the Syracuse at Miami game Saturday, Oct. 21, 2017, at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami G ...

The Miami women's tennis team split its eight matches on its second day of competition at the I ...

Syracuse visits Miami on Saturday, October 21st at Hard Rock Stadium. ...