News Briefs – 9/10

Capitol Steps

Politics meets comedy with a performance from the recognized troupe The Capitol Steps. On Wednesday from 7:30-9 p.m. at Gusman Concert Hall, The Capitol Steps will engage audiences with their political satire, which is inspired by their time as politicians in Washington. Tickets can be picked up at the TicketMaster window in the University Center. There are a limited number of tickets available – one ticket per Cane Card. Doors open at 6:45 p.m.

Fireside Chat

The Butler Center for Service and Leadership is hosting Canes for a Change week, which helps connect students to the available resources on campus and the community. As part of this week, former Vice President for Student Affairs and founder of the Center, William R. Butler will hold a fireside chat on Wednesday from 5:30-7:30 p.m. at the Hecht resident master’s apartment. Students will engage in an informal conversation and ask him any questions. With only 40 available spots, registration is encouraged, with the online form available at tinyurl.com/firesidechatwithdrb. For more information, contact the Butler Center.

Alexander Gonzalez may be contacted at agonzalez@themiamihurricane.com.

Alexander Gonzalez

Assistant Editor

After jumping three spots from No. 10 to No. 7 last week in the Amway Coaches Poll (one spot better ...

University of Miami weak-side linebacker Michael Pinckney is definitely old-school Miami Hurricane. ...

The question came straight at Ahmmon Richards, like a tight spiral. And this time, he was locked in. ...

Kolby Bird had a career-high 21 kills, but the Hurricanes dropped a five-set battle to Notre Dame on ...

The Miami soccer team recognized its four seniors Sunday afternoon and then dropped a hard-fought 2- ...