News Briefs – 9/10

Capitol Steps

Politics meets comedy with a performance from the recognized troupe The Capitol Steps. On Wednesday from 7:30-9 p.m. at Gusman Concert Hall, The Capitol Steps will engage audiences with their political satire, which is inspired by their time as politicians in Washington. Tickets can be picked up at the TicketMaster window in the University Center. There are a limited number of tickets available – one ticket per Cane Card. Doors open at 6:45 p.m.

Fireside Chat

The Butler Center for Service and Leadership is hosting Canes for a Change week, which helps connect students to the available resources on campus and the community. As part of this week, former Vice President for Student Affairs and founder of the Center, William R. Butler will hold a fireside chat on Wednesday from 5:30-7:30 p.m. at the Hecht resident master’s apartment. Students will engage in an informal conversation and ask him any questions. With only 40 available spots, registration is encouraged, with the online form available at tinyurl.com/firesidechatwithdrb. For more information, contact the Butler Center.

Alexander Gonzalez may be contacted at agonzalez@themiamihurricane.com.

Alexander Gonzalez

Assistant Editor

One day after the University of Miami announced that starting cornerback Malek Young would undergo “ ...

It’s one thing for a player who’s projected to go in the first two rounds of the NFL Draft to turn p ...

Miami coach Jim Larranaga and his staff spent recent practices pushing his players to whip the ball ...

The University of Miami confirmed in a written release Sunday that starting cornerback Malek Young s ...

Thirty high school English teachers from Brazil are spending six weeks at UM in a new skill-building ...

The No. 25/23 Miami men's basketball team shot a sizzling 57.6 percent from the field in pullin ...

The University of Miami women's basketball team picked up its third straight win in eight days ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (1-2) closed out its opening weekend with a 5-2 loss ...

With the help of dominating victories and dramatic comebacks, the No. 19 Miami women's tennis t ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (1-1) returns to action on Sunday, as it travels to N ...