News Briefs – 9/10

Capitol Steps

Politics meets comedy with a performance from the recognized troupe The Capitol Steps. On Wednesday from 7:30-9 p.m. at Gusman Concert Hall, The Capitol Steps will engage audiences with their political satire, which is inspired by their time as politicians in Washington. Tickets can be picked up at the TicketMaster window in the University Center. There are a limited number of tickets available – one ticket per Cane Card. Doors open at 6:45 p.m.

Fireside Chat

The Butler Center for Service and Leadership is hosting Canes for a Change week, which helps connect students to the available resources on campus and the community. As part of this week, former Vice President for Student Affairs and founder of the Center, William R. Butler will hold a fireside chat on Wednesday from 5:30-7:30 p.m. at the Hecht resident master’s apartment. Students will engage in an informal conversation and ask him any questions. With only 40 available spots, registration is encouraged, with the online form available at tinyurl.com/firesidechatwithdrb. For more information, contact the Butler Center.

Alexander Gonzalez may be contacted at agonzalez@themiamihurricane.com.

Alexander Gonzalez

Assistant Editor

Here is some impressive news for the University of Miami football program: All but one of the remain ...

Lonnie Walker IV stood out on and off the court at the NBA Draft Combine, which ended on Sunday in C ...

University of Miami incoming prep star Will Mallory, the other half of the soon-to-be No. 1 freshman ...

View photos as Miami Hurricanes Coach Jim Morris ends 41-year career on Saturday, May 19, 2018, at M ...

The sullen, charcoal sky opened with a vengeance Saturday afternoon at Mark Light Field in Coral Gab ...

Over his more than two decades at the U, the dean of students from 1976-1989 always put students fir ...

The final Sea Secrets lecture at the Rosenstiel School examines the biofluorescence of marine organi ...

Maintenance mechanic Milton Davis has kept UM housing humming for decades. ...

No. 7 seed Miami opens its run at the 2018 ACC Baseball Championship Tuesday, May 22 against No. 11 ...

After 25 years, head coach Jim Morris had just one request for the pregame festivities for his final ...

The Miami Hurricanes will kick off their 2018 home schedule at Hard Rock Stadium on Saturday, Sept. ...

Check out over 60 of the top pictures from the Miami women's tennis team's matchup with to ...

In honor of Jim Morris' final regular season game as head coach at Miami on Saturday, May 19, t ...