Action Item warms up crowd for Owl City

Drummer Dan Brozek took the stage at Revolution Live on Saturday night before the rest of his bandmates from Action Item. The crowd in the pit, mostly teenage girls, roared through his opening solo while lead singer Brian Cag, keyboardist Mark Shami, bassist David Buckowski and guitarist Anthony Li walked onstage.

Brozek’s solo transitioned into the start of Action Item’s set with “Marching Band.” And the screams continued as they ended their first song with a bang … literally. The rest of the band joined Brozek on percussion, creating a drumline that even made couples in their 30s cheer.

If you checked out a picture of Action Item, you’d most likely think to yourself, “Just another boyband.” But the band’s live show proves otherwise. Each member’s creativity and talent shines throughout their set. Cag knows how to own a crowd and his energy was through the roof during “Learn To Fly” and the band’s new single, “Last Day of Summer.”

And it’s safe to say that the boys are just as charming as they are talented. In the middle of their set, Li told the crowd about some of the embarrassing pictures he has seen of himself on Twitter and Facebook. “We get really into the music and sometimes we don’t look good on stage,” he laughs. The band then gave the audience a picture op with each member doing his best rockstar pose.

Cag announced the end of their 30-minute set with a cover of The Wanted’s “Glad You Came,” which was even better than the original version.

Nicky Diaz

Copy Chief

The University of Miami got off to a dream start, but could not hold on against No. 1 and defending ...

March is just around the corner; and University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larrañaga wants his pl ...

Erykah Davenport always hated being The Tall Girl. Every class picture, she was in the back row, tow ...

A little more than two years ago, Larry Scott was serving as the Miami Hurricanes’ interim head coac ...

The college basketball world woke up Friday morning to a bombshell report by Yahoo Sports detailing ...

Student a cappella group BisCaydence wins quarterfinals and advances to the next round in the intern ...

A closer look at the University of Miami's executive vice president for business and finance an ...

The popular Christian minister preached to more people than any other evangelist in history. ...

A vigil on the University of Miami campus, organized by UM students who graduated from Marjory Stone ...

The latest speaker in the popular lecture series at the Rosenstiel School, Jeff Goodell, shared insi ...

Kevin Arreaga's bronze medal in the men's weight throw led the Canes on Friday in Clemson. ...

No. 24 Miami got off to a dream start but could not hold on against No. 1 Florida Friday night, fall ...

The Hurricanes were momentarily slowed down by the first rain delay of the season, but held the Coug ...

The Miami women's basketball team plays its last game of the 2017-18 regular season Sunday at 4 ...

Canes and Eagles play at 2 p.m. Saturday in key ACC matchup. ...