Fashion lovers unite for Fashion’s Night Out

The fashion conscious – with their entourages in tow – gathered around the world to celebrate the fourth annual Fashion’s Night Out on Thursday.

The fashionistas of Miami were no exception, braving the rain and accessorizing their most stylish outfits with umbrellas. Attendees watched fall fashion previews, schmoozed with designers and picked up great deals on additions for their fall wardrobes.

Fashion’s Night Out, initiated in part by Vogue editor Anna Wintour, began in 2009 as a way to bring shoppers back to the stores after a consumerism lull brought on by the recession. Although the most elaborate festivities remain centered in New York, this year Miami attempted to give the Big Apple a run for their money.

On Thursday night, Bal Harbour, Dadeland and the Village of Merrick Park malls featured complimentary fashion shows, sponsored by the merchants located there. Many stores also offered complimentary hors d’oeuvres and drinks, in addition to numerous special sales, sweepstakes and gifts with purchase. From Banana Republic to Saks Fifth Avenue, more than 65 different retailers took part in the action.

At Saks in Dadeland, fashion lovers were able to attend an Alexander McQueen shoe trunk show and receive a makeover at the beauty bar, while nibbling on Clarabelle’s cupcakes. Ten percent of sales from the night benefited the Women’s Fund of Miami-Dade and Dress for Success.

The Bal Harbour Saks featured a high-tech photo booth that posted directly to Facebook, Twitter or Instagram, drinks from The Broken Shakers and Stella Artois, and burgers and sweet treats from Shake Shack.

The Village of Merrick Park, in conjunction with Grey Goose Vodka and Ocean Drive Magazine, hosted a fashion show of its retailers. As a light rain dampened the courtyard show, the attendees were able to keep dry with complimentary Tiffany-blue umbrellas. Even though nearly every retailer there participated, the main events took place at mall anchor Neiman Marcus.

The Design District also played host to the shopping extravaganza, with shops like Maison Martin Margiela, En Advance, Luminaire and Y-3 giving merchandise away at almost 50 percent off. Attendees were also able to dance to the beats of DJ Mike Sikes and watch an electrifying performance by dance-group Afrobeta, ensuring that next year’s events have plenty to live up to.

Marchesa Bergman

Darrell Langham, the redshirt junior receiver who caused an uproar among Miami Hurricanes fans the p ...

This news release just in from the University of Miami, another impressive class about to be inducte ...

The University of Miami men’s basketball team got a welcome dose of good news on Monday night. Verno ...

After a disheartening week of practice injury-wise following the University of Miami’s victory at Fl ...

University of Miami’s highly-touted freshman Lonnie Walker, who had surgery for a torn right meniscu ...

Darrell Langham has been a hero twice this season, but his path to prominence has been a long one. ...

The University of Miami Sports Hall of Fame has announced the Class of 2018 inductees for the 50th A ...

Senior diver Wally Layland was recognized for her standout performance at the SMU Classic with ACC C ...

University of Miami freshman Lonnie Walker IV was among 20 players named to the watch list for the 2 ...

The Miami Hurricanes will begin preparation for the 2018 season when fall practice commences Wed., O ...