News Briefs – 9/6

Farmers Market Returns

‘Canes Farmers Market will return to the Coral Gables campus on Sept. 19. It will be held weekly on Wednesdays from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. along the walkway between the Richter Library and the post office. The market features locally grown and organic produce, baked goods, local honey, marinades and more.

A joint initiative of the Office of Human Resources and Student Government, the on-campus farmers market was launched in fall 2010.

Vote for Sebastian

Sebastian the Ibis is in the running for the 2012 Capital One Mascot of the Year. Sebastian is currently up against the University of Nevada’s Wolfie Jr.

The top eight mascots with the best head-to-head records will then compete in a bracket-style, single-elimination competition in order to determine the overall winner. Online voting opened Monday and will continue weekly through Nov. 26. Visit capitalonebowl.com to vote for Sebastian.

Lyssa Goldberg may be contacted at lgoldberg@themiamihurricane.com.

Lyssa Goldberg

Lyssa Goldberg is online editor of The Miami Hurricane. She is a senior majoring in journalism and political science with a minor in math. She has interned at Mashable and the Miami New Times, and her work has also been featured in The Huffington Post.

View photos as Miami Hurricanes Coach Jim Morris ends 41-year career on Saturday, May 19, 2018, at M ...

The sullen, charcoal sky opened with a vengeance Saturday afternoon at Mark Light Field in Coral Gab ...

Hurricanes football aficionados: How does another College GameDay at the University of Miami campus ...

Get out your calendars once again, UM football fans. The Atlantic Coast Conference has announced the ...

Lonnie Walker IV, so eager to begin his professional basketball career that he left the University o ...

Over his more than two decades at the U, the dean of students from 1976-1989 always put students fir ...

The final Sea Secrets lecture at the Rosenstiel School examines the biofluorescence of marine organi ...

Maintenance mechanic Milton Davis has kept UM housing humming for decades. ...

After 25 years, head coach Jim Morris had just one request for the pregame festivities for his final ...

In honor of Jim Morris' final regular season game as head coach at Miami on Saturday, May 19, t ...

Sophomore righthander Evan McKendry struck out 11 to help lead the Hurricanes to their 10thstraight ...

Check out over 60 of the top pictures from the Miami women's tennis team's matchup with to ...

Due to inclement weather expected in the area, the Miami baseball program announced game time for Fr ...