Sports, Uncategorized

Sports Briefs 8-30

Soccer

Following a 1-1 weekend stretch that included the first home game of the year (a 4-0 victory over Morehead State), the UM women’s soccer team will hit the road to take on two non-conference foes. On Friday, Miami will face off against Pittsburgh beginning at 5 p.m. After a day off, the Canes will hit the pitch Sunday against West Virginia.

Miami will be back at Cobb Field for its second home game of the season when they host Idaho on Sept. 7.

Women’s Basketball

The Hurricanes women’s basketball team announced the non-conference portion of its schedule for the 2012-2013 seasons, and it includes notable matchups against some of the more highly-regarded teams in the nation.

In what will be only the second time in program history they have faced off, the Hurricanes will welcome Tennessee on Nov. 18. They will also welcome Penn State on Nov. 29.

Because of the changes in ACC scheduling going from 16 to 18 conference games, the out of conference schedule this year will be limited to just 11 contests.

Football

The Hurricanes are set to take on the Boston College Eagles on Saturday beginning at 3:30 p.m., and there are a variety of ways to tune into the game.

On television, the Canes will be seen across the east coast on ABC. The game will also be streaming live from WVUM, on 90.5 FM locally or the online stream at wvum.org.

Ernesto Suarez may be contacted at sports@themiamihurricane.com.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

Ernesto Suarez

Sports Editor

The University of Miami has a starting quarterback. On Tuesday, 11 days before the 2017 home opener, ...

Mark Richt, pleased and seemingly confident about his selection of redshirt junior Malik Rosier as t ...

Once known as ‘Quarterback U,’ the Miami Hurricanes have a spotty record of producing top signal cal ...

View photos from the Miami Hurricanes' football practice on Tues., Aug. 22, 2017 … Click to Con ...

Duke Johnson, the all-time leading rusher in Miami Hurricanes history, was one of a dozen members of ...

Students and faculty gathered at the Rock to catch a glimpse of the solar eclipse. ...

The University of Miami has embarked on an ambitious 10-year housing plan that will transform the st ...