Sports, Uncategorized

Sports Briefs 8-30

Soccer

Following a 1-1 weekend stretch that included the first home game of the year (a 4-0 victory over Morehead State), the UM women’s soccer team will hit the road to take on two non-conference foes. On Friday, Miami will face off against Pittsburgh beginning at 5 p.m. After a day off, the Canes will hit the pitch Sunday against West Virginia.

Miami will be back at Cobb Field for its second home game of the season when they host Idaho on Sept. 7.

Women’s Basketball

The Hurricanes women’s basketball team announced the non-conference portion of its schedule for the 2012-2013 seasons, and it includes notable matchups against some of the more highly-regarded teams in the nation.

In what will be only the second time in program history they have faced off, the Hurricanes will welcome Tennessee on Nov. 18. They will also welcome Penn State on Nov. 29.

Because of the changes in ACC scheduling going from 16 to 18 conference games, the out of conference schedule this year will be limited to just 11 contests.

Football

The Hurricanes are set to take on the Boston College Eagles on Saturday beginning at 3:30 p.m., and there are a variety of ways to tune into the game.

On television, the Canes will be seen across the east coast on ABC. The game will also be streaming live from WVUM, on 90.5 FM locally or the online stream at wvum.org.

Ernesto Suarez may be contacted at sports@themiamihurricane.com.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

Ernesto Suarez

Sports Editor

The Hurricanes have become part of college football’s national conversation, and the more wins they ...

Kicker Michael Badgley will soon become the University of Miami’s all-time field goal leader. In the ...

University of Miami coach Mark Richt called Darrell Langham’s amazing, 28-yard catch on fourth-and-1 ...

Darrell Langham is 6-4, but might as well be 8-4 — that’s how much he has grown in stature for the M ...

The Miami Hurricanes have done it again. For the second week in a row, the Canes rallied to win in t ...

Hurricanes legends Michael Irvin, Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Warren Sapp and Sean Taylor were officially ad ...

University of Miami wide receiver Darrell Langham and kicker Michael Badgley were among those recogn ...

University of Miami redshirt setter Haley Templeton was named ACC Player of the Week, the conference ...

Freshman Bojan Jankulovski highlighted Day 2 competition on Saturday for the University of Miami men ...

The University of Miami's football game at North Carolina on Oct. 28 will kick off at noon ET o ...