V's Take

Dear V, I want all fifty shades of naughty…

After reading Fifty Shades of Grey, I can’t imagine life without bondage. Ever since I painted my apartment red, my sex life has been nothing but grey. How can I find my Christian Grey?

Signed,

“Ana”nymous

Dear Miss Steele,

So you’re into S&M. Welcome to my world. I’m all for kinky shit, especially when it involves a leather riding crop.

If you’re looking for a “Sir” to tie you up and do the nasty, I recommend a trip to your neighborhood bondage club. These clubs will satisfy all of your fetish, bondage and BDSM needs. And maybe you’ll find your dream dom.

But I don’t think Christian Grey is who you want gagging you. You should find someone else to take your breath away. He might be a freak in the sheets, but the relationship between Christian and Anastasia is the bad kind of freaky – you don’t want to be tied down that way.

Try not to let your fetish dominate your life. If you want to leave your mark on your partner, go for it. But if you can’t imagine your life without having someone control you, there’s a bigger issue at hand.

Don’t confuse dominance and manipulation. You don’t want to be on a leash outside of the red room. Most importantly, know your limits, pick a safe word and choose the right partner. Like in any relationship, trust and consent are a must.

With that, happy bonding. I hope it’s everything E.L. James makes it out to be and more. Keep a bottle of Advil next to the lube. Some parting words: try the hogtie, invest in a set of nipple clamps and be safe.

We aim to please,

He is considered among the finest defensive line coaches in the nation. And now, according to a writ ...

This is the time of year when every win or loss can make a difference in a team’s NCAA Tournament ch ...

Mike Brey doesn't pay much attention to the NBA draft stock of opposing players, but the Notre ...

He used to be a Gator. But junior Danny Reyes is plenty happy to be back home and playing for the Un ...

It’s a Wednesday morning, and one by one, the familiar Hurricane faces make their way into the non-d ...

At the University of Miami, the professor has the last word on whether students can use their laptop ...

Members of the University of Miami first response teams remind us of resources available and what to ...

Mexican activist, poet and novelist Javier Sicilia deplored the violence stemming from the “drug war ...

From the North Pole to the South Pole and everywhere in between, the art of UM alumnus Xavier Cortad ...

Walker IV scored 19, Izundu scored 14 and the Canes picked up a crucial win in South Bend. ...

The No. 25-ranked University of Miami women's golf team moved into a sixth-place tie on day two ...

After a standout first weekend at the plate with the No. 24 Hurricanes, Miami's Danny Reyes was ...

Miami women's basketball notched an impressive 77-62 triumph Sunday at Virginia, giving head co ...

Former University of Miami track and field standouts Shakima Wimbley and Tiffany Okieme were among t ...