Dining Services add more late-night options

Effective last fall, students were able to sink their teeth into the new “Late Night Dining” option at the Hecht-Stanford Dining Hall.

This program, which is offered by the University of Miami Department of Dining Services in collaboration with Chartwells, operates from 11 p.m. to 2 a.m., Thursday through Saturday.

“The decision to pilot the program came as a result of campus surveys, town hall meetings and Student Government input and feedback,” Director of Dining Services Ana Alvarez said.

The menu features several meal options, ranging from breakfast to dessert items. It also includes an omelet station, which allows students to customize their own omelets, and includes other stations for grilled items including hamburgers, cheeseburgers, veggie burgers, chicken sandwiches and fries. The Sandwich Central Station offers students a menu that includes both hot and cold deli options.

Students, especially freshmen, who do not have easy access to on-campus eateries, look forward to this dining option at the start of the semester.

“Since I don’t have a car on campus, it is really convenient that the school has a late-night dining program in case I crave a midnight snack,” said freshman Kenny Langer.

Jackie Salo

Michael Rumph, former Cane cornerback and current cornerbacks coach, has mentioned, along with every ...

N’Kosi Perry, definitely on the quiet side, met the media for the first time on Monday. He’s the Mia ...

On a day in which University of Miami football coach Mark Richt said veteran quarterbacks Malik Rosi ...

Researchers use a powerful technique known as Interferometric Synthetic Aperture Radar to show an in ...

UM’s First Star Academy supports foster care youth. ...