Dining Services add more late-night options

Effective last fall, students were able to sink their teeth into the new “Late Night Dining” option at the Hecht-Stanford Dining Hall.

This program, which is offered by the University of Miami Department of Dining Services in collaboration with Chartwells, operates from 11 p.m. to 2 a.m., Thursday through Saturday.

“The decision to pilot the program came as a result of campus surveys, town hall meetings and Student Government input and feedback,” Director of Dining Services Ana Alvarez said.

The menu features several meal options, ranging from breakfast to dessert items. It also includes an omelet station, which allows students to customize their own omelets, and includes other stations for grilled items including hamburgers, cheeseburgers, veggie burgers, chicken sandwiches and fries. The Sandwich Central Station offers students a menu that includes both hot and cold deli options.

Students, especially freshmen, who do not have easy access to on-campus eateries, look forward to this dining option at the start of the semester.

“Since I don’t have a car on campus, it is really convenient that the school has a late-night dining program in case I crave a midnight snack,” said freshman Kenny Langer.

Jackie Salo

After this past University of Miami football game, coach Mark Richt said the crowd came alive during ...

The attorneys for University of Miami men’s basketball coach Jim Larrañaga expect indictments to be ...

Few could have imagined this scenario coming into Saturday’s University of Miami football game at ho ...

Alex Cora’s success hasn’t surprised Miami Hurricanes baseball coach Jim Morris. Cora, according to ...

Behind a historic performance from senior Olga Strantzali, the University of Miami volleyball team b ...

The Miami women's tennis team opened play Friday at the ITA Southeast Regional Championships Pr ...

The Miami soccer team will conclude its 2017 home slate Sunday against Notre Dame and recognize its ...