News Briefs 4/26

Happy Hour

The Lowe Art Museum presents the last LoweDown of the season in conjunction with Miami Museum Month and Membership Appreciation Evening. In celebration of Cinco de Mayo, enjoy live Mariachi music, light Mexican fare and cocktails courtesy of Bacardi. Beverages provided by Vita Coco and Vitamin Water Zero. The event will be held at the museum on May 3 from 7 to 9 p.m. Admission is $10 or free for Lowe members.

Senior Mwambo

The Senior Mwambo is an African rite of passage ceremony that marks the transition of black graduates from their lives at the University of Miami to advanced education and professional careers.The ceremony will recognize the accomplishments of black graduates and their families. Undergraduate and graduate students who have applied for graduation are encouraged to participate in the Senior Mwambo Ceremony on May 10 from 2 to 5 p.m. Cap and Gown are required in order to participate. Graduates must RSVP at miami.edu/msa/seniormwambo.

Commencement

Students participating in the May 2012 commencement ceremonies on May 10 and 11 should pick up regalia at the Toppel Career Center on May 8-May 10 from 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.  This excludes students in the School of Law and Miller School of Medicine. The official UM stole will be available for purchase. For more information, visit miami.edu/commencement, call 305-284-1824 or email commencement@miami.edu.

Off The Wire

Be a part of the audience during a taping of Off The Wire, UMTV’s award-winning late night comedy show, on Thursday at 8:30 p.m. in Studio C in the School of Communication Wolfson Building.

Lyssa Goldberg may be contacted at lgoldberg@themiamihurricane.com.

Lyssa Goldberg

Lyssa Goldberg is online editor of The Miami Hurricane. She is a senior majoring in journalism and political science with a minor in math. She has interned at Mashable and the Miami New Times, and her work has also been featured in The Huffington Post.

The attorneys for University of Miami men’s basketball coach Jim Larrañaga expect indictments to be ...

Few could have imagined this scenario coming into Saturday’s University of Miami football game at ho ...

Alex Cora’s success hasn’t surprised Miami Hurricanes baseball coach Jim Morris. Cora, according to ...

Behind a historic performance from senior Olga Strantzali, the University of Miami volleyball team b ...

The Miami women's tennis team opened play Friday at the ITA Southeast Regional Championships Pr ...

The Miami soccer team will conclude its 2017 home slate Sunday against Notre Dame and recognize its ...