News Briefs – 4/23

Florida Habitat

On May 2 at 7 p.m. in Room 166 of the Cox Science Center, Steve Woodmansee, biologist and president of the Florida Native Plant Society, will discuss one of Florida’s most sensitive ecosystems, the pine rockland. For more information, visit bio.miami.edu/arboretum/Calendar.html.

Biology Seminar

Michigan State Assistant Professor C. Titus Brown will present a lecture called “Genomics Without a Reference – Dealing with Sequence Data from Ecologically and Evolutionary Interesting Organisms”  on Monday, in Room 166 of the Cox Science Center, at 12:20 p.m. For more information, email Bill Browne at wbrowne@bio.miami.edu.

Finals Fiesta

Hurricane Productions in partnership with Canes Night Live, Multicultrual Student Affairs, Alliance of Latin American Students and the Filipino Students Association will host Finals Fiesta on Friday from 6 to 9 p.m. at Stanford Circle and the Rock. For more information, visit hurricaneproductions.org.

Alumni Reception

The Alumni Association will honor upcoming graduates and present them with lifetime memberships on Wednesday from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. at the Newman Alumni Center. To reserve your seat, call 305-284-2872 or email alumni@miami.edu.

Alexander Gonzalez may be contacted at agonzalez@themiamihurricane.com.

Alexander Gonzalez

Assistant Editor

View photos from the Syracuse at Miami game Saturday, Oct. 21, 2017, at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami G ...

CANESFAN SATISFACTION METER: G6: Time again for the latest installment of the Canesfan Satisfaction ...

Syracuse student writer Matthew Gutierrez of The Daily Orange asked me to answer some of his questio ...

After this past University of Miami football game, coach Mark Richt said the crowd came alive during ...

Syracuse visits Miami on Saturday, October 21st at Hard Rock Stadium. ...

Behind a historic performance from senior Olga Strantzali, the University of Miami volleyball team b ...

The Miami women's tennis team opened play Friday at the ITA Southeast Regional Championships Pr ...