Opinion, Uncategorized

Unknown spots for students to study, relax on campus

Many students are probably familiar with the ins and outs of the University of Miami campus. We’ve found short cuts to help us avoid being late, and establish our favorite hangouts and study spots. However, there are two places on campus that most students either don’t know about or just don’t go to.

One place is the pit, located behind the physics building, near the condemned art shacks. The pit is one of those places that you usually find by accident because most students don’t go around looking for giant holes in the ground. It is a really peaceful place.

If you’re looking for a quiet place to read or do homework, it is the spot. Students don’t travel there as often and even though it’s on the outskirts of campus, Wi-Fi is reachable. During finals, most students set up shop at Richter, the hammocks, or the tent on the green. You will find the pit to be just as good – if not better.

Another hidden treasure on campus is the arboretum. Granted, there are some classes held there, but it is not a place that students typically go to. The arboretum, especially during spring time, is beautiful. There are various flowers and fruits, some of which are edible, and benches to relax on. It is also another place that can be used to study if the library is not your style. Chances are you won’t be disturbed.

Students should make it a point to fully explore our UM campus. It is full of interesting places. You just have to find them.

Taylor Duckett is a freshman majoring in political science.

Taylor Duckett

2 COMMENTS ON THIS POST To “Unknown spots for students to study, relax on campus”

1. A says:

There goes these “unknown” spots…

Hurricanes fans, get out your pencils, calendars and a list of your favorite hotels. The Atlantic Co ...

Three former Miami Hurricanes — defensive lineman Chad Thomas, offensive lineman KC McDermott and de ...

In all technicality, the Orange Bowl is a postseason, neutral-site bowl game that includes a top tea ...

When it comes to recruiting, the scariest sentence for Miami Hurricanes fans is this one: Nesta Silv ...

This time, there was no miracle Miami win over Duke. The fifth-ranked Blue Devils rallied from a 13- ...

The Beaux Arts Festival of Art debuts at a new site with picture-perfect weather and a panoply of or ...

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s vision for a “Beloved Community” has inspired a number of University of ...

UM launches three cyber security certificate programs to equip professionals for the growing employm ...

The University of Miami released its 2018 football schedule Wednesday, highlighted by a nationally t ...

Notes from Miami's 2018 Football schedule. ...

Freshman jumper Hasani Knight was named ACC Men's Field Performer of the Week. ...

MIami volleyball signee Chloe Brown was named the 2017-18 Gatorade Oregon Volleyball Player of the Y ...

The University of Miami women's basketball team will play the first of two home games in a 31-d ...