Opinion, Uncategorized

Unknown spots for students to study, relax on campus

Many students are probably familiar with the ins and outs of the University of Miami campus. We’ve found short cuts to help us avoid being late, and establish our favorite hangouts and study spots. However, there are two places on campus that most students either don’t know about or just don’t go to.

One place is the pit, located behind the physics building, near the condemned art shacks. The pit is one of those places that you usually find by accident because most students don’t go around looking for giant holes in the ground. It is a really peaceful place.

If you’re looking for a quiet place to read or do homework, it is the spot. Students don’t travel there as often and even though it’s on the outskirts of campus, Wi-Fi is reachable. During finals, most students set up shop at Richter, the hammocks, or the tent on the green. You will find the pit to be just as good – if not better.

Another hidden treasure on campus is the arboretum. Granted, there are some classes held there, but it is not a place that students typically go to. The arboretum, especially during spring time, is beautiful. There are various flowers and fruits, some of which are edible, and benches to relax on. It is also another place that can be used to study if the library is not your style. Chances are you won’t be disturbed.

Students should make it a point to fully explore our UM campus. It is full of interesting places. You just have to find them.

Taylor Duckett is a freshman majoring in political science.

Taylor Duckett

2 COMMENTS ON THIS POST To “Unknown spots for students to study, relax on campus”

1. A says:

There goes these “unknown” spots…

University of Miami men’s basketball coach Jim Larrañaga, his face showing the strain of an ongoing ...

The No. 8 Hurricanes,  20 1/2-point favorites over next opponent North Carolina, are still one of on ...

Kudos to the two newest Atlantic Coast Conference Players of the Week: tight end Christopher Herndon ...

A University of Miami Ph.D. student in the Department of History sheds light on the dark history of ...

The Hurricanes may be young, but they have the talent and poise to make a deep run in March. ...

Miami tight end Christopher Herndon and linebacker Michael Pinckney were among those recognized with ...