Pictures worth 1,000 words

Pinterest is the new addiction because its potential uses are limitless. With an account, users can “pin” pictures of interesting things they come across on the website and organize them into labeled folders or “boards.”

Better yet, the pictures will lead you to websites with related content. Craving that garlic lemon pasta you just scrolled past? Click the photo to get the recipe. With a little creativity, Pinterest can be as useful for planning as it is for procrastinating while you’re studying for tomorrow’s math exam.

The food

Chocolate-covered pretzels, tomato and avocado grilled cheese sandwiches, and chicken enchilada pasta are just some of the delicious recipes you can find on Pinterest. Look under the “Food and Drinks” tab to find mouthwatering recipes, or search for one you already have in mind. The pictures themselves are so enticing, they are enough to make you hungry. And there’s more than just the traditional recipes. Green tea cupcakes and lavender flower jelly, anyone?

Adventures

If you’re dreaming of backpacking after graduation or just taking a weekend getaway with some friends, turn to Pinterest for interesting places to visit.  Discover new destinations or check out specific spots you have in mind. Search “Italy” to find photos of popular landmarks and start planning your visit.

Work it out

It’s only natural for exercise routines to get boring. But Pinterest offers regimens that’ll keep you busy. Look up “workout plans” or “exercise” in the search engine to find basic routines or a plan to get those summer abs.

Bucket list

Pin up pictures of sky diving, the beautiful French Riviera, or New Year’s Eve in Times Square onto your board. Find new things to add to your list that might have never have occurred to you, like running a marathon or diving in the Great Barrier Reef. A constant visual reminder of your goals is a good way to motivate you to achieve them.

Shivani Jani

The college football season doesn't begin until the end of August, but that never stops media o ...

There were indications, even before Lonnie Walker IV was selected No. 18 by the San Antonio Spurs in ...

Add another player to the Miami Hurricanes' 2019 recruiting class. Defensive end Jahfari Harvey ...

From the onset, the Miami Hurricanes' plan was for the Carol Soffer football indoor practice fa ...

Gino DiMare on Tuesday stood in a spot that two men before him had crafted into a pinnacle of succes ...

At the University of Miami, employee recognition comes in many forms. ...

Community art project encourages the public to explore the vibrant downtown area of Coral Gables and ...

It appears that his third run for the presidency will be successful as he distances himself from the ...

Anna Runia won the women's 400m hurdles at the Netherlands track and field championships, while ...

The University of Miami volleyball program will host nine ACC home matches and the Sunshine State Ch ...

Walker picked 18th overall by San Antonio Spurs, Brown 42nd by Detroit Pistons. ...

Gino DiMare was introduced as the 10th head baseball coach in Canes' history. ...

The University of Miami women's golf team had three individuals selected to the 2018 Atlantic C ...