Sports Briefs: 4/12

Football

The Hurricanes football team will hold its annual spring game at Sun Life Stadium this Saturday. Both parking and the event are free to the public, with kickoff slated for 2:00 p.m. However, there will be plenty of events taking place throughout the stadium leading up to the game itself. The parking lots to the stadium will open at 10 a.m., with gates inside the stadium opening up at 11:30. The team will also be hosting Select-A-Seat for those interested in purchasing season tickets. An autograph session will also be held inside the stadium from 12:15-1 p.m. on the north side 100-level concourse. Fans are asked to bring one item to be autographed.

Women’s Basketball

The women’s basketball team has announced the signing of its 2012 signing class. The team will welcome Caprice Dennis, Keyona Hayes and Macy Keen to the team for the 2012-2013 season. Keen, a 6-foot-5 center out of Tamarac, Fla., has been ranked as high as No. 37 in the nation and the seventh-best center in the nation. Dennis is a four-star prospect who is ranked as the No. 47 all around prospect in the nation. Hayes is a 6-foot-1 forward from Alpharetta, Ga., who is ranked as high as No. 31 overall and the No.11 forward in the nation. Acording to head coach Katie Meier, all three are expected to have “an immediate impact.”

Women’s Tennis

Following back-to-back losses on the road against Duke and North Carolina, the Hurricanes women’s tennis team returns to Coral Gables for the final two matches of the regular season. The team will take on Virginia on Friday beginning at 3 p.m. before facing Virginia Tech on Sunday at noon.

Ernesto Suarez may be contacted at sports@themiamihurricane.com

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com

Ernesto Suarez

Sports Editor

The University of Miami got off to a dream start, but could not hold on against No. 1 and defending ...

March is just around the corner; and University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larrañaga wants his pl ...

Erykah Davenport always hated being The Tall Girl. Every class picture, she was in the back row, tow ...

A little more than two years ago, Larry Scott was serving as the Miami Hurricanes’ interim head coac ...

The college basketball world woke up Friday morning to a bombshell report by Yahoo Sports detailing ...

Student a cappella group BisCaydence wins quarterfinals and advances to the next round in the intern ...

A closer look at the University of Miami's executive vice president for business and finance an ...

The popular Christian minister preached to more people than any other evangelist in history. ...

A vigil on the University of Miami campus, organized by UM students who graduated from Marjory Stone ...

The latest speaker in the popular lecture series at the Rosenstiel School, Jeff Goodell, shared insi ...

Kevin Arreaga's bronze medal in the men's weight throw led the Canes on Friday in Clemson. ...

No. 24 Miami got off to a dream start but could not hold on against No. 1 Florida Friday night, fall ...

The Hurricanes were momentarily slowed down by the first rain delay of the season, but held the Coug ...

The Miami women's basketball team plays its last game of the 2017-18 regular season Sunday at 4 ...

Canes and Eagles play at 2 p.m. Saturday in key ACC matchup. ...