Sports Briefs: 4/12

Football

The Hurricanes football team will hold its annual spring game at Sun Life Stadium this Saturday. Both parking and the event are free to the public, with kickoff slated for 2:00 p.m. However, there will be plenty of events taking place throughout the stadium leading up to the game itself. The parking lots to the stadium will open at 10 a.m., with gates inside the stadium opening up at 11:30. The team will also be hosting Select-A-Seat for those interested in purchasing season tickets. An autograph session will also be held inside the stadium from 12:15-1 p.m. on the north side 100-level concourse. Fans are asked to bring one item to be autographed.

Women’s Basketball

The women’s basketball team has announced the signing of its 2012 signing class. The team will welcome Caprice Dennis, Keyona Hayes and Macy Keen to the team for the 2012-2013 season. Keen, a 6-foot-5 center out of Tamarac, Fla., has been ranked as high as No. 37 in the nation and the seventh-best center in the nation. Dennis is a four-star prospect who is ranked as the No. 47 all around prospect in the nation. Hayes is a 6-foot-1 forward from Alpharetta, Ga., who is ranked as high as No. 31 overall and the No.11 forward in the nation. Acording to head coach Katie Meier, all three are expected to have “an immediate impact.”

Women’s Tennis

Following back-to-back losses on the road against Duke and North Carolina, the Hurricanes women’s tennis team returns to Coral Gables for the final two matches of the regular season. The team will take on Virginia on Friday beginning at 3 p.m. before facing Virginia Tech on Sunday at noon.

Ernesto Suarez may be contacted at sports@themiamihurricane.com

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com

Ernesto Suarez

Sports Editor

Darrell Langham, the redshirt junior receiver who caused an uproar among Miami Hurricanes fans the p ...

This news release just in from the University of Miami, another impressive class about to be inducte ...

The University of Miami men’s basketball team got a welcome dose of good news on Monday night. Verno ...

After a disheartening week of practice injury-wise following the University of Miami’s victory at Fl ...

University of Miami’s highly-touted freshman Lonnie Walker, who had surgery for a torn right meniscu ...

Darrell Langham has been a hero twice this season, but his path to prominence has been a long one. ...

The University of Miami Sports Hall of Fame has announced the Class of 2018 inductees for the 50th A ...

Senior diver Wally Layland was recognized for her standout performance at the SMU Classic with ACC C ...

University of Miami freshman Lonnie Walker IV was among 20 players named to the watch list for the 2 ...

The Miami Hurricanes will begin preparation for the 2018 season when fall practice commences Wed., O ...