Sports Briefs: 4/12

Football

The Hurricanes football team will hold its annual spring game at Sun Life Stadium this Saturday. Both parking and the event are free to the public, with kickoff slated for 2:00 p.m. However, there will be plenty of events taking place throughout the stadium leading up to the game itself. The parking lots to the stadium will open at 10 a.m., with gates inside the stadium opening up at 11:30. The team will also be hosting Select-A-Seat for those interested in purchasing season tickets. An autograph session will also be held inside the stadium from 12:15-1 p.m. on the north side 100-level concourse. Fans are asked to bring one item to be autographed.

Women’s Basketball

The women’s basketball team has announced the signing of its 2012 signing class. The team will welcome Caprice Dennis, Keyona Hayes and Macy Keen to the team for the 2012-2013 season. Keen, a 6-foot-5 center out of Tamarac, Fla., has been ranked as high as No. 37 in the nation and the seventh-best center in the nation. Dennis is a four-star prospect who is ranked as the No. 47 all around prospect in the nation. Hayes is a 6-foot-1 forward from Alpharetta, Ga., who is ranked as high as No. 31 overall and the No.11 forward in the nation. Acording to head coach Katie Meier, all three are expected to have “an immediate impact.”

Women’s Tennis

Following back-to-back losses on the road against Duke and North Carolina, the Hurricanes women’s tennis team returns to Coral Gables for the final two matches of the regular season. The team will take on Virginia on Friday beginning at 3 p.m. before facing Virginia Tech on Sunday at noon.

Ernesto Suarez may be contacted at sports@themiamihurricane.com

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com

Ernesto Suarez

Sports Editor

Michael Rumph, former Cane cornerback and current cornerbacks coach, has mentioned, along with every ...

N’Kosi Perry, definitely on the quiet side, met the media for the first time on Monday. He’s the Mia ...

On a day in which University of Miami football coach Mark Richt said veteran quarterbacks Malik Rosi ...

Week three of fall camp began today, and the first practice after Saturday’s first scrimmage of camp ...

Researchers use a powerful technique known as Interferometric Synthetic Aperture Radar to show an in ...

UM’s First Star Academy supports foster care youth. ...