News Briefs 4/12

Pride Week

SpectrUM is hosting Marriages on the Rock on Thursday for Pride Awareness Week. Students can show support for marriage equality and marry anyone they want – friend, roommate or lab partner – regardless of gender or sex. Ring pops, cake, and marriage certificates will be awarded to participants.

Writing

The Writing Center 2012 Workshops present “Polishing your Prose” for all members of the university community. The workshops focus on some of the most significant writing concerns of students and faculty. Writers of all levels are invited to participate. The workshop will take place on Tuesday from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. in Hecht Residential College, Room 101. For more information, visit as.miami.edu/writingcenter/ or call 305-284-2956.

Arboretum

Earth Alert will be having a clean-up event Saturday from 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Gifford Arboretum. All volunteers will meet at Stanford Circle and then walk over to the Arboretum to do some cleaning. Those who help out can also get a chance to try some fruit from the Arboretum as they clean.

Lyssa Goldberg may be contacted at lgoldberg@themiamihurricane.com.

Lyssa Goldberg

Lyssa Goldberg is online editor of The Miami Hurricane. She is a senior majoring in journalism and political science with a minor in math. She has interned at Mashable and the Miami New Times, and her work has also been featured in The Huffington Post.

When UM coach Mark Richt summoned quarterback Malik Rosier into his office last year, a few months a ...

Quarterback Malik Rosier of the No. 8-ranked Miami Hurricanes maintains a solid third place in what ...

University of Miami head coach Mark Richt was selected to the 20-member Paul "Bear" Bryant ...

University of Miami sophomore Bruce Brown Jr. was among 21 players named to the watch list for the 2 ...

Head coach Katie Meier and senior forward/center Erykah Davenport will represent Miami Thursday at t ...