News Briefs 4/12

Pride Week

SpectrUM is hosting Marriages on the Rock on Thursday for Pride Awareness Week. Students can show support for marriage equality and marry anyone they want – friend, roommate or lab partner – regardless of gender or sex. Ring pops, cake, and marriage certificates will be awarded to participants.

Writing

The Writing Center 2012 Workshops present “Polishing your Prose” for all members of the university community. The workshops focus on some of the most significant writing concerns of students and faculty. Writers of all levels are invited to participate. The workshop will take place on Tuesday from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. in Hecht Residential College, Room 101. For more information, visit as.miami.edu/writingcenter/ or call 305-284-2956.

Arboretum

Earth Alert will be having a clean-up event Saturday from 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Gifford Arboretum. All volunteers will meet at Stanford Circle and then walk over to the Arboretum to do some cleaning. Those who help out can also get a chance to try some fruit from the Arboretum as they clean.

Lyssa Goldberg may be contacted at lgoldberg@themiamihurricane.com.

Lyssa Goldberg

Lyssa Goldberg is online editor of The Miami Hurricane. She is a senior majoring in journalism and political science with a minor in math. She has interned at Mashable and the Miami New Times, and her work has also been featured in The Huffington Post.

View photos from the Syracuse at Miam ibasketball game on Saturday, Feb. 17, 2018, in Coral Gables. ...

University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larrañaga took the opportunity after Saturday’s 62-55 loss ...

A bunch of Miami Hurricane youngsters — and one former Gator-turned-Cane — made the University of Mi ...

Arkansas State University followed through with its threat. ASU on Friday afternoon filed a lawsuit ...

A UM appeals committee has modified the athletic department’s rules restricting departing quarterbac ...

Members of the University of Miami first response teams remind us of resources available and what to ...

Mexican activist, poet and novelist Javier Sicilia deplored the violence stemming from the “drug war ...

From the North Pole to the South Pole and everywhere in between, the art of UM alumnus Xavier Cortad ...

A panel of University of Miami faculty talked about the impacts of climate change during a meeting o ...

Miami women's basketball notched an impressive 77-62 triumph Sunday at Virginia, giving head co ...

CORAL GABLES, Fla. – No. 24 Miami raced out to an early lead but could not finish off a weekend swee ...

Freshman first baseman Alex Toral recorded his first home run as a Hurricane, and No. 24 Miami held ...

The Miami Hurricanes swimming & diving team saved its best for last, finishing off the ACC Swimm ...

The No. 25 University of Miami women's golf team heads to New Orleans this Sunday to compete in ...