News Briefs 4/12

Pride Week

SpectrUM is hosting Marriages on the Rock on Thursday for Pride Awareness Week. Students can show support for marriage equality and marry anyone they want – friend, roommate or lab partner – regardless of gender or sex. Ring pops, cake, and marriage certificates will be awarded to participants.

Writing

The Writing Center 2012 Workshops present “Polishing your Prose” for all members of the university community. The workshops focus on some of the most significant writing concerns of students and faculty. Writers of all levels are invited to participate. The workshop will take place on Tuesday from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. in Hecht Residential College, Room 101. For more information, visit as.miami.edu/writingcenter/ or call 305-284-2956.

Arboretum

Earth Alert will be having a clean-up event Saturday from 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Gifford Arboretum. All volunteers will meet at Stanford Circle and then walk over to the Arboretum to do some cleaning. Those who help out can also get a chance to try some fruit from the Arboretum as they clean.

Lyssa Goldberg may be contacted at lgoldberg@themiamihurricane.com.

Lyssa Goldberg

Lyssa Goldberg is online editor of The Miami Hurricane. She is a senior majoring in journalism and political science with a minor in math. She has interned at Mashable and the Miami New Times, and her work has also been featured in The Huffington Post.

The college football season doesn't begin until the end of August, but that never stops media o ...

There were indications, even before Lonnie Walker IV was selected No. 18 by the San Antonio Spurs in ...

Add another player to the Miami Hurricanes' 2019 recruiting class. Defensive end Jahfari Harvey ...

From the onset, the Miami Hurricanes' plan was for the Carol Soffer football indoor practice fa ...

Gino DiMare on Tuesday stood in a spot that two men before him had crafted into a pinnacle of succes ...

Community art project encourages the public to explore the vibrant downtown area of Coral Gables and ...

It appears that his third run for the presidency will be successful as he distances himself from the ...

Walker picked 18th overall by San Antonio Spurs, Brown 42nd by Detroit Pistons. ...

The University of Miami women's golf team had three individuals selected to the 2018 Atlantic C ...

NBA Draft will be held Thursday evening in Brooklyn. ...

Haley Templeton is set to travel to Detroit, Mich., on Friday to train and compete with the U.S. Wom ...

First-year Miami head soccer coach Sarah Barnes released Wednesday the team's schedule for the ...