Live your one life responsibly

You’ve probably heard Drake’s “The Motto” which repeats you only live once (YOLO) several times. Now, everyone’s shouting out YOLO.
YOLO is in a sense this generation’s “carpe diem.” While taking advantage of what life has to offer is important, some people may be taking YOLO too far.
It has become common to use YOLO as an excuse to make decisions. Some people go around using it to explain rash choices they’ll probably regret later.
We have to enter the professional world one day. Every action has a consequence. I like to follow a lesser-known trend, YOGO, which stands for You Obey God Only. A rapper named Jin created a song entitled YOGO in response to Drakes song “The Motto.”
Whether you believe in YOLO or YOGO, you need to live responsibly.

Taylor Duckett is a freshman majoring in political science.

Taylor Duckett

View photos as Miami Hurricanes Coach Jim Morris ends 41-year career on Saturday, May 19, 2018, at M ...

The sullen, charcoal sky opened with a vengeance Saturday afternoon at Mark Light Field in Coral Gab ...

Hurricanes football aficionados: How does another College GameDay at the University of Miami campus ...

Get out your calendars once again, UM football fans. The Atlantic Coast Conference has announced the ...

Lonnie Walker IV, so eager to begin his professional basketball career that he left the University o ...

Over his more than two decades at the U, the dean of students from 1976-1989 always put students fir ...

The final Sea Secrets lecture at the Rosenstiel School examines the biofluorescence of marine organi ...

Maintenance mechanic Milton Davis has kept UM housing humming for decades. ...

After 25 years, head coach Jim Morris had just one request for the pregame festivities for his final ...

In honor of Jim Morris' final regular season game as head coach at Miami on Saturday, May 19, t ...

Sophomore righthander Evan McKendry struck out 11 to help lead the Hurricanes to their 10thstraight ...

Check out over 60 of the top pictures from the Miami women's tennis team's matchup with to ...

Due to inclement weather expected in the area, the Miami baseball program announced game time for Fr ...