Business execution should be a priority

Most people who have conceived a new business idea have been told, “Make sure you have a good business plan.”
The elements of the ideal business plan are fairly common and cliche: marketing and advertising strategies, identifying the target audience, research of the target audience’s consummation trends, and the list goes on.
While it sounds good, this often has an adverse effect. It contributes to what is known as the analysis paralysis.
Analysis paralysis ensues when people spend so much time thinking about their business plans that it hinders the actual work of bringing the business into fruition.
The made-up financial projections, target audience surveys and exploration of competing businesses are time consuming and expensive.
The following entrepreneurs did not have a business plan, but still went on to experience entrepreneurial success: businessman Robert Croak encountered animal-shaped rubber wristbands on a business trip to Japan and decided to market the bands as kids’ accessories in the U.S. creating Silly Bandz; engineer Lonnie Johnson had the idea to make a water gun after noticing the force at which water shot out of a nozzle during an experiment in his sink and that water gun later became known as the Super Soaker; Mark Zuckerberg is self-explanatory.
Execution of a business should not take a back seat to developing an extensive business plan. Don’t let the extensive analysis of these elements bog down the execution of your future business plans.
Carrying out your entrepreneurial ideas is the strongest business plan you can have.

Christopher Ivory is a first-year law student.

Christopher Ivory

The Hurricanes have become part of college football’s national conversation, and the more wins they ...

Kicker Michael Badgley will soon become the University of Miami’s all-time field goal leader. In the ...

University of Miami coach Mark Richt called Darrell Langham’s amazing, 28-yard catch on fourth-and-1 ...

Darrell Langham is 6-4, but might as well be 8-4 — that’s how much he has grown in stature for the M ...

The Miami Hurricanes have done it again. For the second week in a row, the Canes rallied to win in t ...

Hurricanes legends Michael Irvin, Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Warren Sapp and Sean Taylor were officially ad ...

University of Miami wide receiver Darrell Langham and kicker Michael Badgley were among those recogn ...

University of Miami redshirt setter Haley Templeton was named ACC Player of the Week, the conference ...

Freshman Bojan Jankulovski highlighted Day 2 competition on Saturday for the University of Miami men ...

The University of Miami's football game at North Carolina on Oct. 28 will kick off at noon ET o ...