Business execution should be a priority

Most people who have conceived a new business idea have been told, “Make sure you have a good business plan.”
The elements of the ideal business plan are fairly common and cliche: marketing and advertising strategies, identifying the target audience, research of the target audience’s consummation trends, and the list goes on.
While it sounds good, this often has an adverse effect. It contributes to what is known as the analysis paralysis.
Analysis paralysis ensues when people spend so much time thinking about their business plans that it hinders the actual work of bringing the business into fruition.
The made-up financial projections, target audience surveys and exploration of competing businesses are time consuming and expensive.
The following entrepreneurs did not have a business plan, but still went on to experience entrepreneurial success: businessman Robert Croak encountered animal-shaped rubber wristbands on a business trip to Japan and decided to market the bands as kids’ accessories in the U.S. creating Silly Bandz; engineer Lonnie Johnson had the idea to make a water gun after noticing the force at which water shot out of a nozzle during an experiment in his sink and that water gun later became known as the Super Soaker; Mark Zuckerberg is self-explanatory.
Execution of a business should not take a back seat to developing an extensive business plan. Don’t let the extensive analysis of these elements bog down the execution of your future business plans.
Carrying out your entrepreneurial ideas is the strongest business plan you can have.

Christopher Ivory is a first-year law student.

Christopher Ivory

The University of Miami got off to a dream start, but could not hold on against No. 1 and defending ...

March is just around the corner; and University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larrañaga wants his pl ...

Erykah Davenport always hated being The Tall Girl. Every class picture, she was in the back row, tow ...

A little more than two years ago, Larry Scott was serving as the Miami Hurricanes’ interim head coac ...

The college basketball world woke up Friday morning to a bombshell report by Yahoo Sports detailing ...

Student a cappella group BisCaydence wins quarterfinals and advances to the next round in the intern ...

A closer look at the University of Miami's executive vice president for business and finance an ...

The popular Christian minister preached to more people than any other evangelist in history. ...

A vigil on the University of Miami campus, organized by UM students who graduated from Marjory Stone ...

The latest speaker in the popular lecture series at the Rosenstiel School, Jeff Goodell, shared insi ...

Kevin Arreaga's bronze medal in the men's weight throw led the Canes on Friday in Clemson. ...

No. 24 Miami got off to a dream start but could not hold on against No. 1 Florida Friday night, fall ...

The Hurricanes were momentarily slowed down by the first rain delay of the season, but held the Coug ...

The Miami women's basketball team plays its last game of the 2017-18 regular season Sunday at 4 ...

Canes and Eagles play at 2 p.m. Saturday in key ACC matchup. ...