Photo

High heels heighten awareness

Junior Shelby Juarez helps senior Gustavo Lang walk in high heels. (left) Junior Cody Helman kicks off the comfort of his sneakers to don heels. On Wednesday, several male UM students strolled around campus in red heels and took a pledge against sexual assault. The second annual “Walk a Mile in her Shoes” event was hosted by No Zebras to honor Sexual Assault Awareness Month. The public event encourages men to participate and learn about the social struggles that women face. The participants walked in their heels from the Merrick Building to Memorial to symbolize the awareness they hoped to raise. “I didn’t realize how difficult it would be,” sophomore Todd Herbert said. “I have full appreciation for women in heels now.” On April 19 at 7 p.m., No Zebras will host “Take Back the Night,” an open mic night followed by a walk around Lake Osceola starting at the Hecht-Stanford Labyrinth. Cayla Nimmo//Assistant Photo Editor

Cayla Nimmo

Miami director of track and field/cross country Amy Deem's incredible career earned her a place ...

Check out the latest edition of Hurricane Magazine. ...

Members from the Miami track and field team spent the afternoon at the Boys and Girls Club in Miami ...

UM administrators, coaches and alums took part in yesterday's allCanes Holiday Shopping Spree f ...