Photo

High heels heighten awareness

Junior Shelby Juarez helps senior Gustavo Lang walk in high heels. (left) Junior Cody Helman kicks off the comfort of his sneakers to don heels. On Wednesday, several male UM students strolled around campus in red heels and took a pledge against sexual assault. The second annual “Walk a Mile in her Shoes” event was hosted by No Zebras to honor Sexual Assault Awareness Month. The public event encourages men to participate and learn about the social struggles that women face. The participants walked in their heels from the Merrick Building to Memorial to symbolize the awareness they hoped to raise. “I didn’t realize how difficult it would be,” sophomore Todd Herbert said. “I have full appreciation for women in heels now.” On April 19 at 7 p.m., No Zebras will host “Take Back the Night,” an open mic night followed by a walk around Lake Osceola starting at the Hecht-Stanford Labyrinth. Cayla Nimmo//Assistant Photo Editor

Cayla Nimmo

When UM coach Mark Richt summoned quarterback Malik Rosier into his office last year, a few months a ...

Quarterback Malik Rosier of the No. 8-ranked Miami Hurricanes maintains a solid third place in what ...

University of Miami head coach Mark Richt was selected to the 20-member Paul "Bear" Bryant ...

University of Miami sophomore Bruce Brown Jr. was among 21 players named to the watch list for the 2 ...

Head coach Katie Meier and senior forward/center Erykah Davenport will represent Miami Thursday at t ...