Chick-fil-A should make its way to our campus

The University of Miami has few flaws. The perfect weather, awesome academics, historic sports teams and the mascot with the most swag: Yes, it’s great to be a Miami Hurricane. Yet there is a void in the heart of our campus.

Every day we eat. Some of us eat regularly in the dining halls while others take a different route and enjoy the variety at the food court. However, I am tired of the limited choices in food options: Panda Express, Wendy’s, Jamba Juice and Salsaritas. The other options (Mango & Manny’s, Sushi Maki, Niko’s) don’t satisfy my hunger either. I can’t be the only one who feels the same way.

I want UM to build a Chick-fil-A in the new Student Activities Center. The nearest one is in Dadeland Mall, buried in the food court. Good luck trying to get there and back between classes with the traffic on US-1.

Join me as I campaign Chick-fil-A to expand its horizons to UM. Sign my petition (tinyurl.com/UMiamiCFA) asking Chick-fil-A to consider the U for its next location. When the voices of the students become unified toward a common mission, anything can be achieved.

The University of Miami is always growing; the skyline by Lake Osceola is changing with the addition of the Student Activities Center. Hopefully, in a year and half, our food options on campus will change as well with the construction of a Chick-fil-A on campus. Let your voices be heard.

Seth Furman

ONE COMMENT ON THIS POST To “Chick-fil-A should make its way to our campus”

1. Robert says:

Chick-fil-A contributes millions of dollars to anti-gay hate groups. Our university is a diverse, tolerant, and progressive school that should not allow such a company to operate within its facilities. There are plenty of other dining options that could be brought to our campus.

Miami director of track and field/cross country Amy Deem's incredible career earned her a place ...

Check out the latest edition of Hurricane Magazine. ...

Members from the Miami track and field team spent the afternoon at the Boys and Girls Club in Miami ...

UM administrators, coaches and alums took part in yesterday's allCanes Holiday Shopping Spree f ...