4/2 News Briefs

Edible Books

The UM Libraries third annual Edible Books Festival will be held on Monday from noon to 2 p.m. at the Richter Library lobby. Participants will submit entries that relate to books and reading, and must be edible. After the judging, participants and viewers will be able to eat the creations. There will be prizes for “Wittiest Pun,” “Most Edible” and “Best in Show.” For more information, call head of special collections Cristina Favretto at 305-284-3247 or email um.ediblebooks@gmail.com.

Guest Lecture

On Tuesday, from 5:30 to 7 p.m. at the Merrick Building room 210-01, the College of Arts and Sciences and the department of modern languages and literatures will present a lecture by Eric Kligerman, an associate professor of German and Jewish studies at the University of Florida. He will discuss the cinematic representations of the Holocaust set in German-occupied France in Quentin Tarantino’s “Inglourious Basterds” and Marcel Ophuls’s “The Sorrow and the Pity.” For more information, call Mary Mezzano at 305-284-5585 or email her at m.mezzano@miami.edu.

Passes

There is still time to purchase a yoga or studio cycling pass at the Wellness Center on Tuesday from 7:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. These passes for the spring semester are priced at $30 for student members and $48 for non-student members. A semester pass allows members unlimited access to all the classes on the schedule. To purchase a pass, visit the Wellness Enrichment Suite located on the second floor of the Wellness Center. For more information, call 305-284-LIFE (5433).

Symposium

Dr. Neil Baldwin will speak at “One Writer’s Journey: From Small Press Poetry to E-Book Novel, with Many and Varied Stops Along the Way” on Thursday at the CAS Gallery/Wesley House. There will be a reception at 4:30 p.m. and the lecture will start at 5 p.m. Baldwin is an Emmy-nominated writer who has published three volumes of poetry, three textbooks, three biographies and has won several awards for his work. To RSVP, email provost@miami.edu.

Alexander Gonzalez may be contacted at agonzalez@themiamihurricane.com.

Alexander Gonzalez

Assistant Editor

Friday’s NFL drought became Saturday’s downpour for the University of Miami. Eight Miami Hurricanes ...

Cornerback Corn Elder’s career highlight is a play that will forever be ingrained in college footbal ...

Safety Rayshawn Jenkins is now a Los Angeles Charger. Jenkins, who grew up in St. Petersburg, became ...

The University of Miami celebrated on Thursday night with an NFL Draft first-round pick for the thir ...

When Al Golden recruited David Njoku to the University of Miami in 2014 the Cedar Grove, N.J. native ...

UM marks Holocaust Remembrance Day with a reading of names and recollections of a survivor. ...

A recent paper argues that not only have researchers just scratched the surface of analyzing the Ama ...

The period of the first 100 days in office is a telling gauge for a president's full term in th ...

UM students, staff and faculty join the worldwide march to end men’s violence against women. ...

Greek Week at the University of Miami is committed to raising money and awareness for United Cerebra ...

Have a look at approximately 60 of the best pictures from the Miami women's tennis team match v ...

Miami fell behind early and could not recover Sunday afternoon, falling in the series finale to host ...

The University of Miami football program had nine former players selected in the 2017 NFL Draft in P ...

Miami Hurricanes fullback Marquez Williams was selected with the 240th overall pick by the Jacksonvi ...

Miami Hurricanes cornerback Adrian Colbert was selected with the 229th overall pick by the San Franc ...