4/2 News Briefs

Edible Books

The UM Libraries third annual Edible Books Festival will be held on Monday from noon to 2 p.m. at the Richter Library lobby. Participants will submit entries that relate to books and reading, and must be edible. After the judging, participants and viewers will be able to eat the creations. There will be prizes for “Wittiest Pun,” “Most Edible” and “Best in Show.” For more information, call head of special collections Cristina Favretto at 305-284-3247 or email um.ediblebooks@gmail.com.

Guest Lecture

On Tuesday, from 5:30 to 7 p.m. at the Merrick Building room 210-01, the College of Arts and Sciences and the department of modern languages and literatures will present a lecture by Eric Kligerman, an associate professor of German and Jewish studies at the University of Florida. He will discuss the cinematic representations of the Holocaust set in German-occupied France in Quentin Tarantino’s “Inglourious Basterds” and Marcel Ophuls’s “The Sorrow and the Pity.” For more information, call Mary Mezzano at 305-284-5585 or email her at m.mezzano@miami.edu.

Passes

There is still time to purchase a yoga or studio cycling pass at the Wellness Center on Tuesday from 7:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. These passes for the spring semester are priced at $30 for student members and $48 for non-student members. A semester pass allows members unlimited access to all the classes on the schedule. To purchase a pass, visit the Wellness Enrichment Suite located on the second floor of the Wellness Center. For more information, call 305-284-LIFE (5433).

Symposium

Dr. Neil Baldwin will speak at “One Writer’s Journey: From Small Press Poetry to E-Book Novel, with Many and Varied Stops Along the Way” on Thursday at the CAS Gallery/Wesley House. There will be a reception at 4:30 p.m. and the lecture will start at 5 p.m. Baldwin is an Emmy-nominated writer who has published three volumes of poetry, three textbooks, three biographies and has won several awards for his work. To RSVP, email provost@miami.edu.

Alexander Gonzalez may be contacted at agonzalez@themiamihurricane.com.

Alexander Gonzalez

Assistant Editor

Most NBA mock drafts had Miami Hurricanes guard Davon Reed going late in the second round of Thursda ...

University of Miami shooting guard Davon Reed will gather with friends and family in Ewing, New Jers ...

University of Miami great and Pro Football Hall of Famer Warren Sapp announced on Tuesday that he pl ...

The University of Miami continues to make a hard push for five-star point guard Immanuel Quickley of ...

The University of Miami’s 2018 football recruiting class, already ranked the best in the country by ...

UM Student Affairs Advocacy Coordinator Heather Stevens has been awarded the William Leftwich Award ...

President Julio Frenk makes the case for collaboration at eMerge Americas. ...

UM College of Engineering Dean Jean-Pierre Bardet and alumnus Rony Abovitz share the stage in a disc ...

UM showcases its technology initiatives and projects at eMerge Americas ...

The University of Miami Center for Computational Science and the Fastrack Institute sign an agreemen ...

Four weeks, four potential stars, only at The U. ...

Redshirt senior forward Kamari Murphy of the University of Miami men's basketball team will pla ...

Senior guard Davon Reed of the University of Miami men's basketball team was selected No. 32 ov ...

Lexi Castellano of the University of Miami soccer team spent almost four weeks this summer in Vietna ...

Miami Hurricanes baseball legend Pat Burrell will be inducted into the Omaha College Baseball Hall o ...