Photo

I-Week Africa and Middle Eastern Night

Jose Maestri, senior, exhales smoke from the hookah on the University Center patio Tuesday night during the Middle Easter night of International Week. "Hookah to me is very relaxing,"says Maestri, "It's a way to let loose and escape." Every night this week COISO hosts a different culture, bringing their art, music, dance, food, and other live performances to students to spread cultural understanding and awareness. The theme this year is "Legends Never Die," and each night has a skit incorporating this overarching theme. Thursday will be Latin American and Carribean Night, Friday will be Pacific Islander night, and Saturday will be the COISO banquet, tickets for which are $10. Each night, activities begin at 6:30, for more information, check out their facebook page. Holly Bensur//The Miami Hurricane

Cayla Nimmo

The University of Miami has a starting quarterback. On Tuesday, 11 days before the 2017 home opener, ...

Mark Richt, pleased and seemingly confident about his selection of redshirt junior Malik Rosier as t ...

Once known as ‘Quarterback U,’ the Miami Hurricanes have a spotty record of producing top signal cal ...

View photos from the Miami Hurricanes' football practice on Tues., Aug. 22, 2017 … Click to Con ...

Duke Johnson, the all-time leading rusher in Miami Hurricanes history, was one of a dozen members of ...

Students and faculty gathered at the Rock to catch a glimpse of the solar eclipse. ...

The University of Miami has embarked on an ambitious 10-year housing plan that will transform the st ...