One-man band shows off talent

There aren’t many one-man bands out there, but The Ready Set’s Jordan Witzigreuter does it all. He writes and records his music, sings, plays the drums, keyboard and bass, and now he’s on tour with Breathe Carolina.

As a one-member band, Witzigreuter usually records the majority of his music alone.

“It’s all me in the studio, pretty much,” he said. “If there’s drums, I’ll play that, but for the most part it’s electronic.”

Fall Out Boy’s bassist Pete Wentz signed Witzigreuter to his label, Decaydance Records, in 2009. He collaborated with Witzigreuter on his album “I’m Alive, I’m Dreaming.”

“He’s one of those kinds of people that gives good advice,” Witzigreuter said. “He’s been through everything and so he can kind of be like, ‘Don’t do this,’ or, ‘This is what I did.’”

Though young, the 22-year-old has learned from his experience in the music industry.

“Focus first on writing good songs and being happy with what you’re doing,” he said. “And then once you have that, you know that’s the most important part of it. Try everything you possibly can to get out there and tour and be as busy as possible.”

Witzigreuter appears to follow that advice.

“We have a new song coming out soon,” he said. “A new album will be out probably by the end of the summer. I have a ton of new songs just waiting to be put out.”t.”

Witzigreuter will join Breathe Carolina on stage at The Fair on Friday at 9 p.m. Tickets are free with admission to The Fair.

Nicky Diaz

Copy Chief

The University of Miami had four student-athletes selected to the watch lists for the Maxwell Award ...

The University of Miami's Symone Mason closed out the 2018 IAAF World U20 Championships with a ...