One-man band shows off talent

There aren’t many one-man bands out there, but The Ready Set’s Jordan Witzigreuter does it all. He writes and records his music, sings, plays the drums, keyboard and bass, and now he’s on tour with Breathe Carolina.

As a one-member band, Witzigreuter usually records the majority of his music alone.

“It’s all me in the studio, pretty much,” he said. “If there’s drums, I’ll play that, but for the most part it’s electronic.”

Fall Out Boy’s bassist Pete Wentz signed Witzigreuter to his label, Decaydance Records, in 2009. He collaborated with Witzigreuter on his album “I’m Alive, I’m Dreaming.”

“He’s one of those kinds of people that gives good advice,” Witzigreuter said. “He’s been through everything and so he can kind of be like, ‘Don’t do this,’ or, ‘This is what I did.’”

Though young, the 22-year-old has learned from his experience in the music industry.

“Focus first on writing good songs and being happy with what you’re doing,” he said. “And then once you have that, you know that’s the most important part of it. Try everything you possibly can to get out there and tour and be as busy as possible.”

Witzigreuter appears to follow that advice.

“We have a new song coming out soon,” he said. “A new album will be out probably by the end of the summer. I have a ton of new songs just waiting to be put out.”t.”

Witzigreuter will join Breathe Carolina on stage at The Fair on Friday at 9 p.m. Tickets are free with admission to The Fair.

Nicky Diaz

Copy Chief

Not only are the Hurricanes in the mix for at least five high-end running backs for the 2019 class, ...

After assembling one of the nation’s best groups of skill position players in the 2018 recruiting cl ...

Coach Kool, AKA Craig Kuligowski, is gone from the University of Miami, which is entirely uncool wit ...

He is considered among the finest defensive line coaches in the nation. And now, according to a writ ...

This is the time of year when every win or loss can make a difference in a team’s NCAA Tournament ch ...

The popular Christian minister preached to more people than any other evangelist in history. ...

A vigil on the University of Miami campus, organized by UM students who graduated from Marjory Stone ...

The latest speaker in the popular lecture series at the Rosenstiel School, Jeff Goodell, shared insi ...

At the University of Miami, the professor has the last word on whether students can use their laptop ...

Members of the University of Miami first response teams remind us of resources available and what to ...

Former Hurricane guard signs 10-day contract with Indiana Pacers. ...

For the second straight game, Miami's starting pitcher looked in dominant form through the firs ...

The University of Miami track and field team will compete against fellow conference members at the 2 ...

After capturing its opening series with Rutgers, No. 24 Miami continues a season-opening, seven-game ...

The latest edition of Quick Hits introduces middle blocker Bridget Wallenberger ...