News Briefs 3/22

Research

The deadline for the College of Arts and Sciences “Beyond the Book” Summer Award for Research-Based Learning has been extended to April 2.

The award allows Arts and Sciences undergraduate students to pursue extracurricular learning opppurtunities. Each student who participates receives a $2,500 stipend. The application form is available online. For more information, email Rose Glemaud at rglemaud@miami.edu.

The application for the the College of Arts and Sciences Summer Research Program for Underrepresented Minorities & Women is also due April 2. The program pairs students with a UM faculty mentor to create an original project.

Funds will be provided for housing and meals on campus and a stipend of $3,000. Participants cannot register for courses or have jobs during this time. For more information, email Maria Robertson at mrobertson@miami.edu.

Art Lecture

Director of the Smithsonian Institution’s National Museum of African Art Johnnetta B. Cole will present a lecture on Friday at 4:30 p.m. at the Lowe Museum. The general public is welcomed to attend, and admission is free of charge. To register for the presentation and for more information, visit humanities.miami.edu/programs/lectures/guestlecturers#cole.

Alexander Gonzalez may be contacted at agonzalez@themiamihurricane.com.

Alexander Gonzalez

Assistant Editor

The Hurricanes and Colonials square off at noon Saturday in Washington, D.C. ...

University of Miami men's basketball player Chris Stowell is an active member in the Hurricanes ...

Miami director of track and field/cross country Amy Deem's incredible career earned her a place ...