News Briefs 3/22

Research

The deadline for the College of Arts and Sciences “Beyond the Book” Summer Award for Research-Based Learning has been extended to April 2.

The award allows Arts and Sciences undergraduate students to pursue extracurricular learning opppurtunities. Each student who participates receives a $2,500 stipend. The application form is available online. For more information, email Rose Glemaud at rglemaud@miami.edu.

The application for the the College of Arts and Sciences Summer Research Program for Underrepresented Minorities & Women is also due April 2. The program pairs students with a UM faculty mentor to create an original project.

Funds will be provided for housing and meals on campus and a stipend of $3,000. Participants cannot register for courses or have jobs during this time. For more information, email Maria Robertson at mrobertson@miami.edu.

Art Lecture

Director of the Smithsonian Institution’s National Museum of African Art Johnnetta B. Cole will present a lecture on Friday at 4:30 p.m. at the Lowe Museum. The general public is welcomed to attend, and admission is free of charge. To register for the presentation and for more information, visit humanities.miami.edu/programs/lectures/guestlecturers#cole.

Alexander Gonzalez may be contacted at agonzalez@themiamihurricane.com.