News Briefs 3/22

Research

The deadline for the College of Arts and Sciences “Beyond the Book” Summer Award for Research-Based Learning has been extended to April 2.

The award allows Arts and Sciences undergraduate students to pursue extracurricular learning opppurtunities. Each student who participates receives a $2,500 stipend. The application form is available online. For more information, email Rose Glemaud at rglemaud@miami.edu.

The application for the the College of Arts and Sciences Summer Research Program for Underrepresented Minorities & Women is also due April 2. The program pairs students with a UM faculty mentor to create an original project.

Funds will be provided for housing and meals on campus and a stipend of $3,000. Participants cannot register for courses or have jobs during this time. For more information, email Maria Robertson at mrobertson@miami.edu.

Art Lecture

Director of the Smithsonian Institution’s National Museum of African Art Johnnetta B. Cole will present a lecture on Friday at 4:30 p.m. at the Lowe Museum. The general public is welcomed to attend, and admission is free of charge. To register for the presentation and for more information, visit humanities.miami.edu/programs/lectures/guestlecturers#cole.

Alexander Gonzalez may be contacted at agonzalez@themiamihurricane.com.

Alexander Gonzalez

Assistant Editor

When Al Golden recruited David Njoku to the University of Miami in 2014 the Cedar Grove, N.J. native ...

The night after FIU gave away a game to the University of Miami with a ninth-inning passed ball that ...

Redshirt freshman quarterback Jack Allison left the University of Miami football program on Tuesday. ...

Closer Frankie Bartow stared into the Panthers’ dugout immediately after fanning the final batter of ...

Go ahead. Try telling former University of Miami quarterback Brad Kaaya that his critics say he gets ...

UM marks Holocaust Remembrance Day with a reading of names and recollections of a survivor. ...

A recent paper argues that not only have researchers just scratched the surface of analyzing the Ama ...

The period of the first 100 days in office is a telling gauge for a president's full term in th ...

UM students, staff and faculty join the worldwide march to end men’s violence against women. ...

Greek Week at the University of Miami is committed to raising money and awareness for United Cerebra ...

Images from @CanesMensTennis match against Duke. ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team came up short against No. 34 Duke University, 4-1, Th ...

Images from @CanesMensTennis win over Boston College. ...

Sinead Lohan and Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team were both among the ni ...

The fourth-seeded Miami women's tennis team is set to open ACC Championship play Friday afterno ...