News Briefs 3/22

Research

The deadline for the College of Arts and Sciences “Beyond the Book” Summer Award for Research-Based Learning has been extended to April 2.

The award allows Arts and Sciences undergraduate students to pursue extracurricular learning opppurtunities. Each student who participates receives a $2,500 stipend. The application form is available online. For more information, email Rose Glemaud at rglemaud@miami.edu.

The application for the the College of Arts and Sciences Summer Research Program for Underrepresented Minorities & Women is also due April 2. The program pairs students with a UM faculty mentor to create an original project.

Funds will be provided for housing and meals on campus and a stipend of $3,000. Participants cannot register for courses or have jobs during this time. For more information, email Maria Robertson at mrobertson@miami.edu.

Art Lecture

Director of the Smithsonian Institution’s National Museum of African Art Johnnetta B. Cole will present a lecture on Friday at 4:30 p.m. at the Lowe Museum. The general public is welcomed to attend, and admission is free of charge. To register for the presentation and for more information, visit humanities.miami.edu/programs/lectures/guestlecturers#cole.

Alexander Gonzalez may be contacted at agonzalez@themiamihurricane.com.

Alexander Gonzalez

Assistant Editor

Most NBA mock drafts had Miami Hurricanes guard Davon Reed going late in the second round of Thursda ...

University of Miami shooting guard Davon Reed will gather with friends and family in Ewing, New Jers ...

University of Miami great and Pro Football Hall of Famer Warren Sapp announced on Tuesday that he pl ...

The University of Miami continues to make a hard push for five-star point guard Immanuel Quickley of ...

The University of Miami’s 2018 football recruiting class, already ranked the best in the country by ...

UM Student Affairs Advocacy Coordinator Heather Stevens has been awarded the William Leftwich Award ...

President Julio Frenk makes the case for collaboration at eMerge Americas. ...

UM College of Engineering Dean Jean-Pierre Bardet and alumnus Rony Abovitz share the stage in a disc ...

UM showcases its technology initiatives and projects at eMerge Americas ...

The University of Miami Center for Computational Science and the Fastrack Institute sign an agreemen ...

Four weeks, four potential stars, only at The U. ...

Redshirt senior forward Kamari Murphy of the University of Miami men's basketball team will pla ...

Senior guard Davon Reed of the University of Miami men's basketball team was selected No. 32 ov ...

Lexi Castellano of the University of Miami soccer team spent almost four weeks this summer in Vietna ...

Miami Hurricanes baseball legend Pat Burrell will be inducted into the Omaha College Baseball Hall o ...