Diplo to perform at BankUnited Center

After a year packed with rap, hip-hop and rock n’ roll, electronic DJ Diplo will spin at the BankUnited Center on April 12 for students, faculty and staff.

“He’s a really good DJ and is going to be perfect for what the student body has been asking for,” said Kris Martin, Hurricane Productions’ president of concerts.

Martin said that he looks for artists who are accessible, popular and easy to work with. Martin has worked with Diplo before and believed he was a good choice.

“He really enjoys playing to his fanbase, which are college kids,” he said.

The event is free. Currently, it is planned to give away 3,500 tickets, but the event can be expanded to 7,000 depending on demand, Martin said.

Tickets will be available at the University Center Ticketmaster window starting at 8:30 a.m. on March 26. One ticket per student will be allowed. If tickets remain, students will be able to pick up one additonal free ticket beginning April 2. Faculty and staff will also be allowed to pick up two free tickets beginning April 2.

Miami locals Miami Chain Saw Massacre and UM alumnus Troy Kurtz will be opening the show.

Check back to The Miami Hurricane for more details.

Margaux Herrera

EDGE Editor

Now, all that’s left is the waiting. The University of Miami baseball team, fighting to extend its 4 ...

Could the once forlorn University of Miami be closer than some think to extending that national-reco ...

Some UM football nuggets on a Friday: • Evan Shirreffs is an amiable, well-mannered, studious young ...

A few media notes on a Thursday: • As has been the case most years, ABC has decided to televise the ...

Most of the University of Miami student body is on Summer break; but the Hurricanes football team is ...

A new study reveals that mindfulness training, but not relaxation training, benefits college athlete ...

Frenk delivered his inaugural lecture Wednesday, officially joining the most prestigious group of Me ...

Victor Oquendo, BSC ’09, is following in his parents’ footsteps. ...

The Rosenstiel School’s final lecture of the 2017 Sea Secrets series focused on using science diplom ...

Researchers believe they have found a new way to monitor the intensity and location of hurricanes fr ...

Inclement weather made them wait, but Ebony Morrison and a pair of University of Miami relay teams p ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team cemented her name in the record books S ...

Miami's run at the 2017 ACC Championship ended in the semifinals Saturday, as the sixth-seeded ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba posted a 6-4, 5-7, 6-1 victory over Mia Horvit Saturday, becoming the fourth ...

Due to anticipated inclement weather, the ACC Championship has adjusted the scheduled for games and ...