Photo

Greek Week O-Cheer

SIGMA STANCE: (From left) Freshmen Brian Josefat, Austin Kollefrath, George Coritsidis and Clay Richardson perform in Friday’s Greek Week Organized Cheer event. Josefat, Kollefrath and Richardson are members of Sigma Alpha Epsilon; Coritsidis is a member of Sigma Alpha Mu. The group is pointing at the girls of the Sigma Delta Tau sorority, who were part of the blue team during Greek Week along with SAE and SAM. SAE and SAM’s dance and skit during O-Cheer focused on Superman, the superhero assigned to the blue team during Greek Week. The red team, which consisted of Delta Delta Delta, the Multiethnic Greek Council and Beta Theta Pi, was the winner of Friday’s O-Cheer. The orange team, which comprised Delta Phi Epsilon, Phi Delta Theta and the National Panhellenic Council, won Greek Week overall. Greek Week pits teams of fraternities and sororities against each other every year in competitions like O-Cheer in an effort to raise money for United Cerebral Palsy. Monica Herndon//The Miami Hurricane

Cayla Nimmo

After jumping three spots from No. 10 to No. 7 last week in the Amway Coaches Poll (one spot better ...

University of Miami weak-side linebacker Michael Pinckney is definitely old-school Miami Hurricane. ...

The question came straight at Ahmmon Richards, like a tight spiral. And this time, he was locked in. ...

Kolby Bird had a career-high 21 kills, but the Hurricanes dropped a five-set battle to Notre Dame on ...

The Miami soccer team recognized its four seniors Sunday afternoon and then dropped a hard-fought 2- ...