Bar crawling in South Miami

Shelley Urushizaki, a bartender at RA, prepares drinks for happy hour on Wednesday. Natalie Edgar//The Miami Hurricane

Tired of hopping a cab every Thursday to get grimy at the Grove? Stroll on over to South Miami, just a mile away from UM’s campus, for something new, cheap and – of course – alcoholic.

Stop #1: Sunset Tavern

With a happy hour that begins at 2 p.m., how can you resist? Boys, your wallets will thank you – ladies’ drinks  are $1.
Shoot some pool, catch the game with a beer from Sunset Tavern’s collection, or sit back and relax in their outside patio while sipping on Huckleberry Lemonade.
Also, check out Sunset Tavern’s happy hour specials Monday through Friday from  2 to 7 p.m., Saturday 4 to 7 p.m., and Sunday and Monday from 10 p.m. to 3 a.m.

Sunset Tavern, which is part of Deli Lane Cafe, is located at 7232 SW 59th Ave. Visit delilane.com.

Stop #2: Town

Already loving South Miami? Walk to Town Kitchen and Bar and celebrate in style. Champagne is on the house Thursdays from 4 to 7 p.m. All drinks are half off, as are signature martinis for the girls.
If you can’t get enough of $7 Cabin Fevers in the Grove, at least head to Town for a weekend brunch and pair $15 unlimited mimosas and 2-for-1 Bloody Marys with some breakfast comfort food.
Town offers happy hour from 4 to 7 p.m. every day. On Mondays, ladies drink free 4 p.m. to midnigh,t and on Tuesdays, all wine bottles under $100 are half off.

Town Kitchen and Bar is located at 7301 SW 57th Ct. Visit townkitchenbar.com.

Stop #3: Splitsville

Spend your two happy hour-less hours  bowling among the neon lights and upbeat tunes at Splitsville. Play a game for just $3.50 all day Monday through Thursday.
But don’t let your trip to Splitsville be  another bad high school memory at a bowling alley. Grab a tasty goat cheese al forno appetizer and an order of the filet mignon sliders. Add a pitcher of your favorite beer and work on getting that strike.
Splitsville also offers happy hour from 4 to 7 p.m. Monday through Thursday with $3 cocktails, wine, craft beers and burgers.

Splitsville is located at 5701 Sunset Dr. in Sunset Place. Visit splitsvillelanes.com.

Stop #4: RA Sushi Bar

Why stop when you’re on a roll? Pair creative sushi and sake at RA Sushi Bar and you’re in for a memorable night. RA offers a $5 menu for food and drinks Monday through Thursday from 9 p.m. to midnight.
Have a sweet tooth but not in the mood for the incredible cinnamon tempura ice cream? Grab a friend and order the Umami Punch, a liquor-filled 60-ounce fish bowl. And the night wouldn’t be complete without at least one round of sake bombs.
Stop by RA on Sundays when happy hour runs from 8 p.m. until midnight. Get there early, grab a table and enjoy the DJ before it gets packed – there will probably be a velvet-roped line out the front door.

RA Sushi Bar is located at 5829 SW 73rd St. Visit rasushi.com.

Stop #5: Bougie’s

You just can’t finish a South Miami bar crawl without making a stop at Bougainvillea’s Old Florida Tavern, which is open until 3 a.m. every day. There’s no kitchen here, so make sure you’ve gotten your food fix before ending your night at the 1920s wooden cottage that makes you feel at home.
There’s live music almost every night and irresistible drink specials. Check out Reggae Thursdays, complete with live reggae bands and Caribbean favorites for cheap, including $4 Red Stripe and $6 Flor de Cana.
Bougie’s – the bar’s nickname – has happy hours throughout the week. Check out their Game Night Mondays and relax with $2 Bud Light, PBR and Yuengling as you play beer pong, board games and classic Nintendo Games.

Bougainvillea’s Old Florida Tavern is located at 7221 SW 58th Ave. Visit bougiesbar.com.