Football, Sports

Miami announces football schedule for 2012

The University of Miami announced its finalized schedule for the 2012 football season on Monday afternoon.

The Canes will hit the road for the first two games of the year, beginning in Chestnut Hill to take on Boston College in a rematch of the 2011 season finale, where the Eagles defeated the Hurricanes 24-17. Miami will take on Kansas State the following week in the final game of a home-and-home scheduled series.

Miami will have its home opener in Week 3 against Bethune-Cookman before taking on ACC foes in back-to-back games, against Georgia Tech in Atlanta followed by N.C. State at home.

In what could be the marquee game of the year, Miami will travel to Soldier Field in Chicago for a neutral field matchup against Notre Dame. It will be their first regular-season meeting since 1990.  The Fighting Irish defeated the Canes in the 2009 Sun Bowl.

Miami then has its longest homestand of the season, when they will face North Carolina and Florida State before a bye week. Following the bye, the Virginia Tech Hokies travel to Sun Life Stadium to close out the conference homestand.

The Canes will then travel to Charlottesville, Va. to face the Virginia Cavaliers before their home season finale against the University of South Florida Bulls. It is the fourth game of a five-game set scheduled between the two schools.

Miami will end the regular season in Durham against the Duke Blue Devils. The ACC Championship game will take place the following week in Charlotte, N.C. for the third consecutive season.

Ernesto Suarez

Sports Editor

The college football season doesn't begin until the end of August, but that never stops media o ...

There were indications, even before Lonnie Walker IV was selected No. 18 by the San Antonio Spurs in ...

Add another player to the Miami Hurricanes' 2019 recruiting class. Defensive end Jahfari Harvey ...

From the onset, the Miami Hurricanes' plan was for the Carol Soffer football indoor practice fa ...

Gino DiMare on Tuesday stood in a spot that two men before him had crafted into a pinnacle of succes ...

At the University of Miami, employee recognition comes in many forms. ...

Community art project encourages the public to explore the vibrant downtown area of Coral Gables and ...

It appears that his third run for the presidency will be successful as he distances himself from the ...

Anna Runia won the women's 400m hurdles at the Netherlands track and field championships, while ...

The University of Miami volleyball program will host nine ACC home matches and the Sunshine State Ch ...

Walker picked 18th overall by San Antonio Spurs, Brown 42nd by Detroit Pistons. ...

Gino DiMare was introduced as the 10th head baseball coach in Canes' history. ...

The University of Miami women's golf team had three individuals selected to the 2018 Atlantic C ...