Football, Sports

Miami announces football schedule for 2012

The University of Miami announced its finalized schedule for the 2012 football season on Monday afternoon.

The Canes will hit the road for the first two games of the year, beginning in Chestnut Hill to take on Boston College in a rematch of the 2011 season finale, where the Eagles defeated the Hurricanes 24-17. Miami will take on Kansas State the following week in the final game of a home-and-home scheduled series.

Miami will have its home opener in Week 3 against Bethune-Cookman before taking on ACC foes in back-to-back games, against Georgia Tech in Atlanta followed by N.C. State at home.

In what could be the marquee game of the year, Miami will travel to Soldier Field in Chicago for a neutral field matchup against Notre Dame. It will be their first regular-season meeting since 1990.  The Fighting Irish defeated the Canes in the 2009 Sun Bowl.

Miami then has its longest homestand of the season, when they will face North Carolina and Florida State before a bye week. Following the bye, the Virginia Tech Hokies travel to Sun Life Stadium to close out the conference homestand.

The Canes will then travel to Charlottesville, Va. to face the Virginia Cavaliers before their home season finale against the University of South Florida Bulls. It is the fourth game of a five-game set scheduled between the two schools.

Miami will end the regular season in Durham against the Duke Blue Devils. The ACC Championship game will take place the following week in Charlotte, N.C. for the third consecutive season.

Ernesto Suarez

Sports Editor

Seeking a college experience within a diverse community, this graduate found her home away from home ...

‘Part-Time Junior’ Sculpts Her Way to a B.F.A. ...