News Briefs 2/27

Law Review

Former Congolese child soldier Tchicaya Missamou will speak at the National Security and Armed Conflict Law Review Symposium. Washington and Lee School of Law professor Mark Drumbi and President of the Institute for Interdisciplinary Studies Saby Ghoshray will join Missamou in three short lectures. The event is free and open to the public. It will run from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Friday at the Storer Auditorium, For more information, email Theodore Massey at tmassey@students.law.miami.edu.

Music Lecture

Pulitzer Prize-winning and Grammy-nominated composer Ellen Taaffe Zwilich will present a free lecture on Friday at 8 a.m. at the Gusman Concert Hall.  The lecture is part of the Stamps Family Charitable Foundation Distinguished Visitors Series, which brings artists, scholars and music industry leaders together at the Frost School of Music for the benefit of its students and the community. For more information or to reserve free tickets, call 305-284-4940 or visit music.miami.edu/concerts.

Italian film

UM’s Italian film series, Cineforum, presents “Una vita tranquilla” (“A Quiet Life”). Admission is free and all films are in Italian with English subtitles. The screening will be on Wednesday from 7:30 to 10 p.m. at the Learning Center, room 110.For more information, call Mary Mezzano at 305-284-5585 or email her at m.mezzano@miami.edu.

Alexander Gonzalez may be contacted at agonzalez@themiamihurricane.com.

Alexander Gonzalez

Assistant Editor

When UM coach Mark Richt summoned quarterback Malik Rosier into his office last year, a few months a ...

Quarterback Malik Rosier of the No. 8-ranked Miami Hurricanes maintains a solid third place in what ...

Here are three matchups to watch Saturday as the Hurricanes take on the Syracuse Orange at Hard Rock ...

The University of Miami men's basketball team will begin the season as No. 12 in the USA TODAY ...

The University of Miami volleyball team returns home this weekend to host Atlantic Coast Conference ...