Exchange program offered at French university

A new undergraduate exchange program is available for students at four of seven different locations in France at the College Universitaire de Sciences Po.

The classes that will be offered in English are located on the Paris, Reims, Menton and Le Havre campuses, said George Primov, the program’s academic director in the department of sociology.

The College Universitaire de Sciences Po is a prestigious French university that specializes in the social sciences, including economics, sociology, political science and history. Students interested in applying, however, can be from any field.

“The university is one of the top five or six universities in Paris,” Primov said. “This makes the program unlike other universities.”

The campus in Paris is the largest of the four campuses and is located in St. Germain, one of the more expensive neighborhoods. Though the area is beautiful, finding affordable housing might be an issue. However, there are offices at the university that help students in finding apartments. Requests for housing assistance for a fall semester must be made before April and before October for a spring semester. The other campuses are smaller, with only several hundred students.

“If I could choose, I would go to Menton,” Primov said. “It is on the French Riviera and is an easy distance of Nice, Monaco and Italy.

Tuition will be the same as if still attending UM. Additional fees include housing, a fee for health insurance, airfare and additional living expenses.

Alejandra Acuna

Not only are the Hurricanes in the mix for at least five high-end running backs for the 2019 class, ...

After assembling one of the nation’s best groups of skill position players in the 2018 recruiting cl ...

Coach Kool, AKA Craig Kuligowski, is gone from the University of Miami, which is entirely uncool wit ...

He is considered among the finest defensive line coaches in the nation. And now, according to a writ ...

This is the time of year when every win or loss can make a difference in a team’s NCAA Tournament ch ...

The popular Christian minister preached to more people than any other evangelist in history. ...

A vigil on the University of Miami campus, organized by UM students who graduated from Marjory Stone ...

The latest speaker in the popular lecture series at the Rosenstiel School, Jeff Goodell, shared insi ...

At the University of Miami, the professor has the last word on whether students can use their laptop ...

Members of the University of Miami first response teams remind us of resources available and what to ...

Former Hurricane guard signs 10-day contract with Indiana Pacers. ...

For the second straight game, Miami's starting pitcher looked in dominant form through the firs ...

The University of Miami track and field team will compete against fellow conference members at the 2 ...

After capturing its opening series with Rutgers, No. 24 Miami continues a season-opening, seven-game ...

The latest edition of Quick Hits introduces middle blocker Bridget Wallenberger ...