PlayStation hits the beach

South Beach, the new PlayStation Vita, and finding your true love. What more could a student gamer ask for?

On Wednesday, Feb. 22, all gamers are invited to find their true love with the promotion of the new PlayStation Vita at an Anti-Valentine’s Day event. This event will be held at the Vita Hill Social Club located at 749 Washington Ave. in Miami Beach from 5:30 to 9 p.m. There will be pizza, drinks and snacks provided. There is also transportation provided to and from campus if needed.

This tournament is an opportunity to challenge other gamers in competition games, playing head-to-head on the PlayStation Vita.

PlayStation has been opening these new venues all around the country in eight big cities such as Atlanta, Boston, New York City, Chicago, and Los Angeles. Besides the aspect of being in a busy city, PlayStation seems to be opening these venues in cities located near colleges and universities to be located near their target audience, which is mainly students. The Vita Hill Social Club team has planned many special events for the future that will allow people to get hands-on with the new product, and play brand new games such as Mortal Kombat and Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3.

The event is being run by PlayStation, and is promoting the new Vita. “In addition to a pretty cool looking UI, Wi-Fi capabilities, and solid processing power, I was impressed that it had dual cameras, one front and one back, as well as dual touch-screens. The front screen is touch sensitive, and the pad on the back of the controller is also touch sensitive,” said student Nick Shuman, who personally experienced the Vita at a previous event. “I got to use this feature while playing the new FIFA game, and was able to make the player shoot just by touching the back of the Vita in the area corresponding to where on the goal I wanted the ball to be shot.”

To be included in the tournament bracket or for a seat on the bus, email j.knaus@umiami.edu. For more information on the PlayStation Vita, go to http://bit.ly/AlqAoP

Ally Maass

Here is some impressive news for the University of Miami football program: All but one of the remain ...

Lonnie Walker IV stood out on and off the court at the NBA Draft Combine, which ended on Sunday in C ...

University of Miami incoming prep star Will Mallory, the other half of the soon-to-be No. 1 freshman ...

View photos as Miami Hurricanes Coach Jim Morris ends 41-year career on Saturday, May 19, 2018, at M ...

The sullen, charcoal sky opened with a vengeance Saturday afternoon at Mark Light Field in Coral Gab ...

Over his more than two decades at the U, the dean of students from 1976-1989 always put students fir ...

The final Sea Secrets lecture at the Rosenstiel School examines the biofluorescence of marine organi ...

Maintenance mechanic Milton Davis has kept UM housing humming for decades. ...

No. 7 seed Miami opens its run at the 2018 ACC Baseball Championship Tuesday, May 22 against No. 11 ...

After 25 years, head coach Jim Morris had just one request for the pregame festivities for his final ...

The Miami Hurricanes will kick off their 2018 home schedule at Hard Rock Stadium on Saturday, Sept. ...

Check out over 60 of the top pictures from the Miami women's tennis team's matchup with to ...

In honor of Jim Morris' final regular season game as head coach at Miami on Saturday, May 19, t ...