PlayStation hits the beach

South Beach, the new PlayStation Vita, and finding your true love. What more could a student gamer ask for?

On Wednesday, Feb. 22, all gamers are invited to find their true love with the promotion of the new PlayStation Vita at an Anti-Valentine’s Day event. This event will be held at the Vita Hill Social Club located at 749 Washington Ave. in Miami Beach from 5:30 to 9 p.m. There will be pizza, drinks and snacks provided. There is also transportation provided to and from campus if needed.

This tournament is an opportunity to challenge other gamers in competition games, playing head-to-head on the PlayStation Vita.

PlayStation has been opening these new venues all around the country in eight big cities such as Atlanta, Boston, New York City, Chicago, and Los Angeles. Besides the aspect of being in a busy city, PlayStation seems to be opening these venues in cities located near colleges and universities to be located near their target audience, which is mainly students. The Vita Hill Social Club team has planned many special events for the future that will allow people to get hands-on with the new product, and play brand new games such as Mortal Kombat and Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3.

The event is being run by PlayStation, and is promoting the new Vita. “In addition to a pretty cool looking UI, Wi-Fi capabilities, and solid processing power, I was impressed that it had dual cameras, one front and one back, as well as dual touch-screens. The front screen is touch sensitive, and the pad on the back of the controller is also touch sensitive,” said student Nick Shuman, who personally experienced the Vita at a previous event. “I got to use this feature while playing the new FIFA game, and was able to make the player shoot just by touching the back of the Vita in the area corresponding to where on the goal I wanted the ball to be shot.”

To be included in the tournament bracket or for a seat on the bus, email j.knaus@umiami.edu. For more information on the PlayStation Vita, go to http://bit.ly/AlqAoP

Ally Maass

It’s one thing for a player who’s projected to go in the first two rounds of the NFL Draft to turn p ...

Miami coach Jim Larranaga and his staff spent recent practices pushing his players to whip the ball ...

The University of Miami confirmed in a written release Sunday that starting cornerback Malek Young s ...

Four days had passed since his University of Miami basketball team squandered a 13-point second half ...

Thirty high school English teachers from Brazil are spending six weeks at UM in a new skill-building ...

The No. 25/23 Miami men's basketball team shot a sizzling 57.6 percent from the field in pullin ...

The University of Miami women's basketball team picked up its third straight win in eight days ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (1-2) closed out its opening weekend with a 5-2 loss ...

With the help of dominating victories and dramatic comebacks, the No. 19 Miami women's tennis t ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (1-1) returns to action on Sunday, as it travels to N ...