PlayStation hits the beach

South Beach, the new PlayStation Vita, and finding your true love. What more could a student gamer ask for?

On Wednesday, Feb. 22, all gamers are invited to find their true love with the promotion of the new PlayStation Vita at an Anti-Valentine’s Day event. This event will be held at the Vita Hill Social Club located at 749 Washington Ave. in Miami Beach from 5:30 to 9 p.m. There will be pizza, drinks and snacks provided. There is also transportation provided to and from campus if needed.

This tournament is an opportunity to challenge other gamers in competition games, playing head-to-head on the PlayStation Vita.

PlayStation has been opening these new venues all around the country in eight big cities such as Atlanta, Boston, New York City, Chicago, and Los Angeles. Besides the aspect of being in a busy city, PlayStation seems to be opening these venues in cities located near colleges and universities to be located near their target audience, which is mainly students. The Vita Hill Social Club team has planned many special events for the future that will allow people to get hands-on with the new product, and play brand new games such as Mortal Kombat and Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3.

The event is being run by PlayStation, and is promoting the new Vita. “In addition to a pretty cool looking UI, Wi-Fi capabilities, and solid processing power, I was impressed that it had dual cameras, one front and one back, as well as dual touch-screens. The front screen is touch sensitive, and the pad on the back of the controller is also touch sensitive,” said student Nick Shuman, who personally experienced the Vita at a previous event. “I got to use this feature while playing the new FIFA game, and was able to make the player shoot just by touching the back of the Vita in the area corresponding to where on the goal I wanted the ball to be shot.”

To be included in the tournament bracket or for a seat on the bus, email j.knaus@umiami.edu. For more information on the PlayStation Vita, go to http://bit.ly/AlqAoP

Ally Maass

If defense really does win championships, the University of Miami is in good shape. Despite giving u ...

This is the Miami Hurricanes team that finally solved its long hex in finally winning at Florida Sta ...

1. HURRICANES: No. 3 Canes beat Virginia in home finale: ACC title game, first 10-win season since 2 ...

The No. 2 Miami Hurricanes are kings at keeping their fans in a panicked state — then filling them w ...

CANESFAN SATISFACTION METER: G10: Time again for the latest edition of the Canesfan Satisfaction Met ...

The Finker-Frenkel Legacy Foundation gift will establish the Business Plan Competition Endowed Fund. ...

C. David Naylor, a UM Presidential Scholar and public health policy expert, provided insight into he ...

A cohort of five religious leaders from Miami, including a rabbi and imam from the University of Mia ...

Hollywood actress and star of the hit BET series Being Mary Jane gets real about gender, race and co ...

The annual development agreement meeting is a time for the city and University to share information ...

Miami survived an early scare to beat Virginia, 44-28, and achieve its first 10-win season since 200 ...

The University of Miami volleyball team produced some late-match magic Friday night to outlast an in ...

Miami dropped a 67-61 decision to Colorado on Saturday afternoon in its first road game of the seaso ...

Here are three matchups to watch in Saturday's Senior Day game between the No. 3 Canes and Virg ...

Miami's seniors will play their final home game at Hard Rock Stadium when the Canes face Virgin ...