Celebrate Mardi Gras in Miami

This Tuesday is not just any normal Tuesday. It’s Fat Tuesday! That’s right, people in New Orleans are heading to the streets and experiencing the beautiful floats and rowdy parties that make Mardi Gras so well known across the globe. Growing up in New Orleans, I have been to the celebration no fewer than sixteen times and every year the parades, boomin’ bands and all around festivities never fail to disappoint. It is an experience like none other and definitely worth adding to anyone’s bucket list. However, in case you can’t make it to The Big Easy this weekend, here are some Miami attractions that celebrate Fat Tuesday just as well.

RA Sushi

RA Sushi will be hosting a “MardiRA” party on Tuesday from 7 pm till close. While RA is a Japanese restaurant, it will get customers in the Mardi Gras spirit with special discounted ($5) appetizers and classic New Orleans drinks like the Hurricane. A DJ will help recreate the lively, dance-centered, French Quarter atmosphere . Party-goers are encouraged to wear beads and costumes.

Sushi Samba

Lincoln Road’s Sushi Samba will be going back to its Brazilian roots for a Rio de Janeiro-inspired Carnaval celebration. There will be samba dancers dressed in their extravagant outfits, typical batucada drummers and a DJ. In honor of Mardi Gras, guests will also be able to order from the Carnaval menu, which includes specials like King Crab Palmito Salad and a tasty carnaval cocktail. Finally to culminate the South Beach Mardi Gras excitement, Sushi Samba will be broadcasting a live feed of Rio de Janeiro.

The Fish House

The Fish House will be holding its 5th annual Mardi Gras and Zydeco Festival. They will be bringing down 600 pounds of crawfish for a typical, New Orleans-style crawfish boil. Typical Big Easy delicacies like Cajun Jambalaya and King Cake will put your taste buds in a frenzy. Live Zydeco Music, a type of folk music that evolved from the Creole culture in Louisiana, will set the mood for the party. So get on your purple, green and gold for a typical New Orleans-style party.

Shivani Jani

As Miami fans await the newest College Football Playoff rankings on Tuesday night — the Hurricanes c ...

Jaquan Johnson doesn’t necessarily look intimidating. But he plays like a monster. Johnson, UM’s 5-1 ...

It will determine which state rival makes the American Athletic Conference championship game when th ...

Miami coach Mark Richt nearly went through his weekly teleconference Sunday without anyone asking hi ...

I opened my eyes this morning and for the first time in a long time, maybe all season, didn’t say, “ ...

The 41st annual conference on the Caribbean and Central America came to the University of Miami Scho ...

The Finker-Frenkel Legacy Foundation gift will establish the Business Plan Competition Endowed Fund. ...

C. David Naylor, a UM Presidential Scholar and public health policy expert, provided insight into he ...

A cohort of five religious leaders from Miami, including a rabbi and imam from the University of Mia ...

Hollywood actress and star of the hit BET series Being Mary Jane gets real about gender, race and co ...

For the second straight week, the Miami Hurricanes were ranked No. 2 in both the Associated Press po ...

A pair of Miami Hurricanes were among those recognized with weekly honors from the Atlantic Coast Co ...

The Miami women's basketball team will host the first of its two elementary school days Tuesday ...

The University of Miami volleyball team closed out the weekend with a convincing 3-0 win at Virginia ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team welcomed three new members to the program with the si ...