Celebrate Mardi Gras in Miami

This Tuesday is not just any normal Tuesday. It’s Fat Tuesday! That’s right, people in New Orleans are heading to the streets and experiencing the beautiful floats and rowdy parties that make Mardi Gras so well known across the globe. Growing up in New Orleans, I have been to the celebration no fewer than sixteen times and every year the parades, boomin’ bands and all around festivities never fail to disappoint. It is an experience like none other and definitely worth adding to anyone’s bucket list. However, in case you can’t make it to The Big Easy this weekend, here are some Miami attractions that celebrate Fat Tuesday just as well.

RA Sushi

RA Sushi will be hosting a “MardiRA” party on Tuesday from 7 pm till close. While RA is a Japanese restaurant, it will get customers in the Mardi Gras spirit with special discounted ($5) appetizers and classic New Orleans drinks like the Hurricane. A DJ will help recreate the lively, dance-centered, French Quarter atmosphere . Party-goers are encouraged to wear beads and costumes.

Sushi Samba

Lincoln Road’s Sushi Samba will be going back to its Brazilian roots for a Rio de Janeiro-inspired Carnaval celebration. There will be samba dancers dressed in their extravagant outfits, typical batucada drummers and a DJ. In honor of Mardi Gras, guests will also be able to order from the Carnaval menu, which includes specials like King Crab Palmito Salad and a tasty carnaval cocktail. Finally to culminate the South Beach Mardi Gras excitement, Sushi Samba will be broadcasting a live feed of Rio de Janeiro.

The Fish House

The Fish House will be holding its 5th annual Mardi Gras and Zydeco Festival. They will be bringing down 600 pounds of crawfish for a typical, New Orleans-style crawfish boil. Typical Big Easy delicacies like Cajun Jambalaya and King Cake will put your taste buds in a frenzy. Live Zydeco Music, a type of folk music that evolved from the Creole culture in Louisiana, will set the mood for the party. So get on your purple, green and gold for a typical New Orleans-style party.

About Author

Shivani Jani

The University of Miami quarterback corps is deep in numbers but shallow in experience. The battle c ...

Freshmen anyone? Mark Richt sounds like he’s liking these three early-enrollee true freshmen a whole ...

The University of Miami completed Day Three of spring football on Saturday, and as soon as practice ...

Myron Rolle is ready to take his game from the football field to the operating table. Those precious ...

University of Miami middle linebacker Shaquille Quarterman’s ultimate goal has always been the same: ...

A conversation with Belén Garijo and Felicia Marie Knaul. ...

Nova Southeastern University’s Jacqueline A. Travisano will be UM’s Executive Vice President for Bus ...

U.S. Trust will provide advisory services for UM’s long-term growth portfolio. ...

Sir James Galway, Distinguished Presidential Scholar, inspires flute students with his artistry and ...

Activist and community organizer Alicia Garza stresses the need for a richness of ideas to help solv ...

Miami fell to No. 34 University of Louisville, 4-1, Sunday at the Bass-Rudd Tennis Center. ...

Facing its 11th top-30 opponent in 13 matches this season, the No. 37 Miami women's tennis team ...

Junior lefthander Michael Mediavilla was his vintage self, Miami's offense came through again, ...

Miami redshirt freshman David Dinsmore won the NCAA national championship in the men's 10-meter ...

The University of Miami track and field program shined in a talented field at the Hurricane Collegia ...