Sports, Uncategorized

Sports Briefs 2/20

Ice Hockey

After its 2011 Division III National Championship win, the University of Miami hockey team will be honored by the Florida Panthers at “UM Night” Thursday at 7:30 p.m. at the Bank Atlantic Center, when the Panthers take on the Minnesota Wild.

The evening will include a video presentation during the first period as well as a second-period shootout with the FAU Owls.

Swimming & Diving

Junior Sofia Johansson enjoyed a career day at the ACC Swimming and Diving Championships on Friday night, as she broke the conference record en route to a gold medal in the 100-yard breaststroke race. She became the first athlete in ACC history to finish in under one minute, with a final time of 59.81 seconds.

Ernesto Suarez may be contacted at sports@themiamihurricane.com.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

Ernesto Suarez

Sports Editor

The Hurricanes and Colonials square off at noon Saturday in Washington, D.C. ...

University of Miami men's basketball player Chris Stowell is an active member in the Hurricanes ...

Miami director of track and field/cross country Amy Deem's incredible career earned her a place ...