Sports, Uncategorized

Sports Briefs 2/20

Ice Hockey

After its 2011 Division III National Championship win, the University of Miami hockey team will be honored by the Florida Panthers at “UM Night” Thursday at 7:30 p.m. at the Bank Atlantic Center, when the Panthers take on the Minnesota Wild.

The evening will include a video presentation during the first period as well as a second-period shootout with the FAU Owls.

Swimming & Diving

Junior Sofia Johansson enjoyed a career day at the ACC Swimming and Diving Championships on Friday night, as she broke the conference record en route to a gold medal in the 100-yard breaststroke race. She became the first athlete in ACC history to finish in under one minute, with a final time of 59.81 seconds.

Ernesto Suarez may be contacted at sports@themiamihurricane.com.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

Ernesto Suarez

Sports Editor

University of Miami head golf coach Patti Rizzo announced the 2018-19 schedule, featuring nine tourn ...

The Canes are well represented across the nation this summer with players competing in each of the t ...

The University of Miami had four student-athletes selected to the watch lists for the Maxwell Award ...

The University of Miami's Symone Mason closed out the 2018 IAAF World U20 Championships with a ...