Sports, Uncategorized

Sports Briefs 2/20

Ice Hockey

After its 2011 Division III National Championship win, the University of Miami hockey team will be honored by the Florida Panthers at “UM Night” Thursday at 7:30 p.m. at the Bank Atlantic Center, when the Panthers take on the Minnesota Wild.

The evening will include a video presentation during the first period as well as a second-period shootout with the FAU Owls.

Swimming & Diving

Junior Sofia Johansson enjoyed a career day at the ACC Swimming and Diving Championships on Friday night, as she broke the conference record en route to a gold medal in the 100-yard breaststroke race. She became the first athlete in ACC history to finish in under one minute, with a final time of 59.81 seconds.

Ernesto Suarez may be contacted at sports@themiamihurricane.com.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

Ernesto Suarez

Sports Editor

After this past University of Miami football game, coach Mark Richt said the crowd came alive during ...

The attorneys for University of Miami men’s basketball coach Jim Larrañaga expect indictments to be ...

Few could have imagined this scenario coming into Saturday’s University of Miami football game at ho ...

Alex Cora’s success hasn’t surprised Miami Hurricanes baseball coach Jim Morris. Cora, according to ...

Behind a historic performance from senior Olga Strantzali, the University of Miami volleyball team b ...

The Miami women's tennis team opened play Friday at the ITA Southeast Regional Championships Pr ...

The Miami soccer team will conclude its 2017 home slate Sunday against Notre Dame and recognize its ...